Thread: Removing Storm Disciple fist buff noise

Default Removing Storm Disciple fist buff noise

We've all heard it at one time or another. Some of you may not know what it is, but I bet you've heard it. What I'm talking about is that god awful annoying Storm Disciple fist buff sound. You know, that incessant electrical buzzing and arcing noise you sometimes hear in town. The issue isn't so much that the sound is annoying - it's that it loops endlessly.

Lacking the knowledge of how to stop it from looping, or if it's even possible, here's how you entirely remove the sound. Of course, since I don't have it anymore I couldn't tell you if its used in any other place, but big deal.

First of all you should show file extensions, if you aren't already. Open My Computer, choose Tools -> Folder Options in the menu. In the dialog that appears, select the View tab. Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is NOT checked!

Now, onto the noise.

1. Go into your Horizons folder.

2. Create the following directory structure (or make sure it exists):
    \resources_override\resources\sound\spell
    To do this, first go into resources_override, then choose File -> New -> Folder from the menu, and name the new one resources (if it doesn't already exist.) Now go into the resources folder, and repeat the process for sound, then spell.

3. In the newly created spell folder, choose File -> New -> "Text Document" and name it "cast_hands_lightning.wav" - this only works if you show file extensions as per above.

That's it! This won't be removed by the patching process, either. If you have any problems with this, make sure the directory structure is as I described it above, the wav file is in the spell folder and that it's spelled correctly. If it still doesn't work feel free to PM me.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Tigris

YAY!!!! Thank you!!!! Bless your heart

Thread Information