Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An open offer to Purchase Horizons

Default An open offer to Purchase Horizons

Dear EI,

I hereby offer to purchase Horizons and its assets from you. I will pay a twenty percent premium over what you paid.

In the interest of good faith I will advise you that my first action as the new owner would be to sell it back to David Bowman.

This is a serious offer,

Please advise.

I've heard rumors that EI paid $100K for Horizons. If you have the resources to do this, then I applaud the effort.

Myself and three two partners could hand EI 120k in cash on Monday. 40k Each. Of course we in turn would expect DB to pay us a 20 percent premium of what we paid

Curious, why through the forums? Why not contact them directly? *and innocently curious, not poking or anything or choosing sides.. he could care less just wants to be able to play his game.*

Because I believe as a member of the community that all of you should be aware of what is going on.

Fair enough =)

Hmmmm...

Maybe they should just put it on Ebay

Ebay would be a good idea

I really think so!!! I bet it would make national news and be a free way of marketing to gazillions

That's an interesting concept too, just set a reserve..

Oh wait, if they wanted to list it for that much, wouldn't they have to pay a fee upfront? Isn't it based on price?

Wouldn't they also have to factor in the cost of the auction?

Then there's the whole, how much would you have to pay in operating costs from the time you took ownership before it gets turned over?

I wonder who the "lawsuits" would be directed to at that point?

Wow, so much to factor in my heads spinning .

Purchasing the HZ franchise from EII at this point (although crazy) would not legally entail the transfer of liabilities.. Just like EII isnt responsible for the double and triple billing a couple thousand people in the last week before the game was sold.

If EII was smart they'd leap at Deurg's offer.

Just for the record Deurg do you know that DB would buy it back from you at the price you are offering?

Anyways it wouldnt take much to maintain HZ as EII was supposed to do. Once you spend a few months with the code you could actually do a lot with it.

Deurg you should get hold of me if you want an MMO. I am not ready to sell my engine yet but if you are intrested in your own MMO seriously visit me sometime =)
    Last edited by Dravatar; August 14th, 2006 at 03:13 PM. Reason: removal of specualtive statements

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    I've heard rumors that EI paid $100K for Horizons. If you have the resources to do this, then I applaud the effort.

100k? That's it? holy crap that's cheap. They must have paid much more for it than that.

However, the real cost is in hiring a staff of developers to grow the game.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Leviathan I assure they didnt pay more than 100k for it the number I was told was much lower. But yes you are bang on about the cost of developing.

While I'd like to get DB and the old crew back, this is kind of nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos
    I really think so!!! I bet it would make national news and be a free way of marketing to gazillions
    would be quite an amazing thing. Wish I had the money to buy such a great game with so much potential. GL bud
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos
    Because I believe as a member of the community that all of you should be aware of what is going on.
    You -did- however, also contact them through official means as well, yes?

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Just to clarify Khosadan:

There is no official means to communicate with them.. The phone numbers for EII all go to dead mailboxes or a full voicemail and the emails for the people I tried dont work (or they are full).

But yes I know what you are gettign at =) Game forums are probably not the best place to solicit the sale of an MMO franchise

Am I the only one that feels frightened by such a thread?
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Am I the only one that feels frightened by such a thread?
    No...
    don't know if we are frightened for the same reasons but this whole thing is weird - to put it politely.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information