Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EI and the Future of Horizons

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus
    What do you mean exactly by "otherise compensated for their inconvenience."? Seems like a strange thing to say. I do not have a billing agreement yet with EII nor does anyone else.. All billings put through by EII need to be reversed untill they put a legal billing system inplace.

What does the line "othersie compensated" mean? Scaring the hell out of me actually.
    By "otherwise compensated" I was simply leaving the answer open, to include any arrangements unique to the situation in question. In short, I'm saying we'll try our best to be flexible, in order to find the best solution for each case.

Zarcharien,
    The issues we've faced over the past few weeks have been complicated, to say the least. Events played out the way they did, as a result of a whole host of influencing factors. Adequately answering your questions would require nothing short of a play-by-play of every step of the sale and transition. Please understand that, in saying this, I'm not trying to be pedantic. The fact of the matter is that I don't have the ability to answer all of those questions and any attempt of mine to do so would only result in further problems. My goal, for this thread, is talk with players about Horizons' future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    Nagafen,

You've got some date errors (Aug 21 vs July 21) on your pages that are going to cause confusion. Might want to have someone review the pages really quickly? (It's in more than one place)

Good luck.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure the right people know about it.

It's amazing how a simple post saying "We're here, and we hear you" makes the community feel SO much better about things.

I hope EI puts this in the lessons learned catagory. The moderating may not have ever been needed had someone thought of this sooner.

Arcadius

Welcome to the Community Nagafen, and thanks for posting. =)

welcome Nagafen

i hope you can give us soon important infos.

Hurray!

Welcome to this great (and sometimes volatile) community -- I am really happy that we now have a source of reliable information that can be deemed official and accessed at all times.

Thank you for being here!
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcharien

Once again, I can only imagine what some people think of my post, but I'll state again, my intent here is not start a flame fest attack/bash EI, or weaken/divide the HZ community. I simpy think they are fair questions that need to be answered.

Hear Hear
    we need to know if this is going to be another jib fest or a real attempt to make good on the fiasco , I for one dont care who stuffed up ( read individual or otherwise), just fix the bloody problems and move this game forward instead of the current slide down the crapper !!

Lightbulb Blight Copies

Welcome Nagafen

Are character copies from Chaos and Order to Blight still being carried out? I have one pending since Tuesday and I know others who requested copies that are still pending.

Regards

Talking Awesome!

I am so glad to see someone from EI! I am delighted to see that this game may actually be able to go forward now. Thank you for the introduction, Welcome, and I hope this is the beginning of a great ascent for all involved! Be strong, Istaria is still! Play on!

Character copies have been shut off for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorek
    Welcome Nagafen

Are character copies from Chaos and Order to Blight still being carried out? I have one pending since Tuesday and I know others who requested copies that are still pending.

Regards
    Character copies are WORKING now..

A step in the right direction Nagafen!
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

ah, ok, last official announcement was it was off until billing was fixed, which was never really finished.

Default the Billing System is Up and Running

I am pleased to announce that the billing system is up and running. You may adjust your accounts, as you see fit. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it might have caused you.

Default Nice work!

And Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anima

Default Woohoo!

<waves!>

Thank you, thank you!

Hey, whats next on the to-do list?

Can you tell us the fate of the Military program?

Besides "More Cow Bell", have any plans to get the word out about Horizons?

<Waves!>

Wow, a step in the right direction for EI.

I'm glad to see at least 1 EI rep coming onto the boards and actually telling us what is going on lately.

Nagafen... I have another rumor for you I would like confirmed or denied...

In MarketPlace (or was that Dragon?) channel on Order, someone told me that EI does not own the Tools or System used to Patch the game, and cannot currently apply patches to the Live Servers, and that they do not own the Confectioner Revamp, as well as the latest Blight Patch.

Is this true, or no? I was under the impression (from what EI said) that they own everything related to Horizons, the servers, the software, everything.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Wow, a step in the right direction for EI.

I'm glad to see at least 1 EI rep coming onto the boards and actually telling us what is going on lately.

Nagafen... I have another rumor for you I would like confirmed or denied...

In MarketPlace (or was that Dragon?) channel on Order, someone told me that EI does not own the Tools or System used to Patch the game, and cannot currently apply patches to the Live Servers, and that they do not own the Confectioner Revamp, as well as the latest Blight Patch.

Is this true, or no? I was under the impression (from what EI said) that they own everything related to Horizons, the servers, the software, everything.

--Dhalin

We own all the NA shards, the community site, the patch tools, quest/world editing tools and all the content therein. We can, and will, be developing the game further. Please have patience, though. We are going to be making sure that the foundation has all the necessary repairs, before diving into new additions.

Thats great to hear Nagafen. I to believe that repairs should be done prior to trying to make additions to the game. Unfortunetly many here don't and want everything yesterday. I am sure EI needs time to absorb everything before making rash decisions. I just hope its done timely enough that we don't lose what we have as a community. Only time will tell.

Jayne

That is good, and very welcome news indeed Nagafen!

Thank you!
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Thread Information