Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merging Old school with New School. (Angels and Demons)

Question Merging Old school with New School. (Angels and Demons)

My Wife, RaspberrySwirl, just got her RoP last night (Congrats again baby)
    and it got me thinking..

As I was standing there watching her transformation from a little draggy that runs like a puppy into a teen-aged dragon and was able to stretch her wings for the first time, I thought to myself, why don't Bi-Peds have some epic quest like this, and the though entered my mind about the old HZ specs about Angels and Demons.

I thought this might be something that could be really cool, and give something more to the bi-peds then just owning a plot of land (which means nothing now, since everyone can have one) and grinding the hell out of the levels. Where as yes Bi-peds can have more classes, and really do more things then a dragon we don't get anything 'cool' like the ability to fly.

So here's the idea (kinda.. LOL)
    1) You can choose to become a Angel or demon (like the two
    different quests for Dragons)

2) the Quest to become one of the 'High-Gifted' would be HARD
    and MASSIVE just like the RoP and AoP quests. (Of course not the
    same quest)

3) Players would gain the ability to fly after the Quest, with Angel wings
    or bat-like demon wings

4) Players can then quest for new 'super powers'
    perhaps like once a day powers. For Angels something like
    'instant party heal 100%' that can be used once a day
    or 'instant death' for demons (again, once a day, and most likey
    a level limit)

Or just access to higher powered spells, and/or better equipment.
    with massive buffs.

A whole new realm could be created, for these Angels and demons showing
    that something else is pulling the strings of the Withering Aegis. Something to 'fluff' out the story line of the gifted and something to futher the story itself.

Just a thought. =)
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

That's a pretty cool idea. Of course, the biped gaining the flight ability in any fashion is very appealing .

As I've always said, Bipeds getting flight... eh... If you bipeds get flight, then do one or more of the following:

1). Let dragons multiclass adventure schools.
    2). Give dragons more buffing spells.
    3). Give dragons more than once per hour resurrection.
    4). Give dragons more than one instant heal, one that isn't 5min recast.

If you give bipeds the ability to fly, then what exactly do we dragons have advantage-wise over the bipeds, again? Flying is one of those very few things... I wouldn't want that taken away from the dragons...

Bipeds get all of the nice gifts, buffs, heals, and resses... we dragons get superior ability to travel the world on the skies. I think its fine the way it is. If you wanna fly, roll a dragon.

--Dhalin

*was waiting for someone to say the above*

*points to Dhalin for his opinion too.*

Though to the idea... Awesome idea =)

tell ya the truth no offence to anyone but i dont think this idea should be in game.

1.) Dragons should be the only race that flys period end of story. less they add dragon riding but the dragon is in charge.
    2.)Bipeds get: More buffs, Multiclassing, better and more heals plus their own attacks (see multiclassing) that dont require massive amounts of hoard to burn to use.

ok so every biped isnt multiclassed but still they have the option to while dragons are stuck with one adventure school and two craft schools.

just a thought though.

ps. but besides the flying thing i like the idea somewhat.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I think only dragons should be able to fly -- until the gnomes rediscover the formula for flying machines, of course....

But I do like the epic Quest idea for biped. It should result in race-related special abilities (we were discussing this in an earlier thread) and a noticeable change in appearance...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

*sarcastic on*

Yay for the TRIPED! Yes triped! Not demon, not Angel, lets call it triped! It can fly, pull 1 million mobs at one time and all 10 seconds a perma death ability to kill all mobs in 100000 meters range. Oh and it has multiclassing upon lvl 500 and more ! Who needs dragon to fly? A triped can in one second wipe out 100 dragons. TRIPED FTW! I want all! Gimme ALL NOW!!

*sarcastic off*

Honestly, in Istara is no place for demons or angels. The Evil are the WA and nothing other. And if you want to fly so badly, play a dragon and have fun with it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

hrmm.. well I'd as soon see them bring in vampires and demons as aegis factioned player characters. but this would assume factions had a purpose which might lead to the pvp argument But I don't ever see that happening.

many races were left out that could always be drug into the mix, but the game has far greater needs at the moment in regards to fix, enhance, etc. that would take priority over any new race in my opinion.
    ================================
    The Flying Gekko formerly known as "Nemesis_Expanse" and then "Lizardbreath". Flying strong once more in the skies of Order..

Default i agree

Bipeds Have a lot more abilitys than Dragons do shure we Kill Fast and Hit Hard but we have Hord caus of that i think EI Needs to Study Dragons a littel more and Expand the Lore with Dragons Give Dragons the ability to Aculy be Dragons of diffrent Classes after your AROP
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

rmm.. well I'd as soon see them bring in vampires and demons as aegis factioned player characters. but this would assume factions had a purpose which might lead to the pvp argument But I don't ever see that happening.

many races were left out that could always be drug into the mix, but the game has far greater needs at the moment in regards to fix, enhance, etc. that would take priority over any new race in my opinion.
    No PvP please.

A 'forced' PvP environment brings some of the worst crap society has to offer, we don't need that kind of garbage in our game. You've seen how the Community has been in an uproar this last month over the EI takeover and the various... bumps... in the road associated with the Sale of Horizons to EI.

Could you imagine the Community, if we introduced a forced (or even non-forced) PvP environment into Horizons? Yay, let's attract all of the 13 year-olds who want to show off their e-peens by murdering players of lower level. Let's have Lv100s walking around in Kion killing off all of the Tier 1 players... yay.

No thanks. You want that crap, WoW is only a click away at Amazon.com, Ebay, or EB Games.

--Dhalin

Absolutely 100% agreed Dhalin! I was in Eve for about a week and got tired of all the tantrums high level players would work out on me. And once so blatantly when i asked why they had killed me they said cause i can no other reason needed. So PVP is a one-way ticket to the land of Never-Playing-Horizons-Again for me. Please just keep it us versus the WA they are more than enough to handle! Be strong, Istaria is still! Play on!

i like the idea

please dont spam the topic with dragon vs biped discussions.

this suggestion dont need to compare dragons and bipeds

its a biped alone suggestion without the suggestion to alter/change/enpower other bipeds or dragons

angels/demons should get an disadvantage too (cannot use masterable abilities, can cast only spells from the active school)

maybe an polymorph ability (old char/race to the angel/demon), usable 1 times per 3 days

if you die then you are your "normal" biped

Thumbs down No Angels, no demons, no flying bipeds, please.

I don't like the idea that other races except dragons can fly. And I myself don't play a dragon, so my opinion is not driven by the wish to favor my own favorite char class.

I think some of the charm of Istaria is due to the wonder of seeing dragons fly. And realizing that this is special. And that only these wondrous creatures can do it.

The idea of an evil vs good alignment within player races is something that I do not like at all. I don't think it fits within this game. Good versus evil races make sense when there are whole regions at war with each other. In other words: pvp. Yukkk.

The Aegis are the enemy. We are the good (at least we try to be). And -- once again -- a biped should not be able to change into a different creature that flies. Not even if he/she is a druid.

A flying gnome???? Flying without a machine?? A gnome-demon or a gnome-angel? Ludicrous.

^^ i would restrict this option to humans/fiends/half-giants

all other races would look like flying fools ^^

i dont think that dragons are special if they fly

its common to see fat dragons blocking gates/shops... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    ^^ i would restrict this option to humans/fiends/half-giants

all other races would look like flying fools ^^

i dont think that dragons are special if they fly

its common to see fat dragons blocking gates/shops... ^^

Well, I could live with fat dwarves and half-giants also blocking shops, if that would make anyone happy.

But yes, of all the gifted races in Istaria only dragons fly in a fantasy world. Humans, fiends, half-giants decidedly do not fly, not even if they're on drugs. And it would definitely make Istaria a less wonderful place if they did. bah.

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Well, I could live with fat dwarves and half-giants also blocking shops, if that would make anyone happy.

But yes, of all the gifted races in Istaria only dragons fly in a fantasy world. Humans, fiends, half-giants decidedly do not fly, not even if they're on drugs. And it would definitely make Istaria a less wonderful place if they did. bah.
    I 100% support your point Snickel. In the lore is never a creature mentioned what can fly execpt a dryad or a dragon, when dryad can get with a rop like quest the gift of short fly or such, I could live with that, they have wings.

But the superior gift of flying should belong to the dragons.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    I think some of the charm of Istaria is due to the wonder of seeing dragons fly. And realizing that this is special. And that only these wondrous creatures can do it.
    Well said Snickel. I will say that to this day seeing a dragon take flight is amazing to me, and anyone who knows me in Order knows I'm a Saris so like yourself my opinion is not driven by that fact that I'm scaled, winged, and have a size 56 shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    when dryad can get with a rop like quest the gift of short fly or such
    I would also like to see dryads progress to this point. There ability to fly 3 feet off the ground is great but it sucks when you hit a wall/impassable terrain kinda lets ye know your nailed to that 3 foot mark.

I believe that the angel/demon epic quest idea is great! Something for bipeds to progress too. I do believe though that they should come out with dragon "epic" classes first? Perhaps a Healer specific type, so on and forth. Maybe release both features at the same time? Something to give dragons to have fun with and bipeds to as well.

For bipeds such a metamorphose to a higher stadium of being is better called a Seraphim (evil or good ones). For Horizons and the gifted ones there could be only good ones, the evil side is set for the Aegis.

There are some gametitles out there that uses seraph kind stories to rebirth the characters to higher and more powerful ones, but i don't think this will fit well into Horizons.

Flying around should be reserved for dragons and maybe in some way dryads (combined with a epic quest), but it won't fit well to the very rest, only humans would be able to rebirth as a seraph to keep it in someway of a possible storyline.

But a winged dwarf or gnome? I hope i'll never be able to see that, then there only could be one way to add such a option using pets, like horses for riding, e. g. huge bats or eagles for bipeds to fly.

edit: wikipedia about Seraphim
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

in the old Horizons concept the angels could not fly (only gliding)

demons could only levitate

this powers could made time restricted (levitate 5 mins all 2 hours/glide 1time all 2 hours)

this metamorphose into a higher beeing (like Terao mentioned) sounds very interesting.

declare it as a "soul form"? so it would allow all other races (except dragons) to achieve it.

maybe we need a religion first ^^

Heh, I didn't know Rasp was your wife. Why don't you join Dragoons Reborn?

And I figure if bipeds WERE going to fly, it would be tinkers that would figure it out.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information