Thread: Is moving possible ??

Question Is moving possible ??

hmmm this may not be in the right place >< If it's not shall be moved I suppose though... but yes, to the point.

Is it possible to be on Unity and a NA shard ?? Or to move from an NA into Unity ??

~Lasi
    Lasivar -- Ancient Lunus Dragon -- 100 Dragon Adventure -- 32 Dragon Craft -- 12 Dragon Lairshaper -- proud guildie of "The Alliance" -- Chaos RETIRED

Yeah, by the way, I CAN'T SPELL

As far as I know it is very well possible to be and on Unity and on a NA shard, you need 2 accounts though. Moving from NA to Unity, no sadly not.
    If you want to play on Unity... welcome

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

So it's one account signed up on the European server and then another on in the NA ?? Right now I have two accts but they'd both be on NA if that's how it works.
    Lasivar -- Ancient Lunus Dragon -- 100 Dragon Adventure -- 32 Dragon Craft -- 12 Dragon Lairshaper -- proud guildie of "The Alliance" -- Chaos RETIRED

Yes, because they are 2 separate companies, EI who runs the NA part and GN for the Unity server.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

ahhhhh

Didn't know it was two diff companies. Got a lot to learn bout Unity I suppose.

Will try to get into Unity, would like to see what it's like

You basically would need two installs of HZ for this to work, because there are slight differences in the way files are stored and accessed between EU and US. I started playing on Unity, got fed up with the **** there, and then made an account and logged on to the US servers. The game patched for a while, changing and re-arranging the files, and I would crash very often after that.
    (I don't know exactly why I crashed, maybe it's just coincidence and having an EU installation converted to a US one is A-Ok.)

Anyways, the game did make different folders for my Unity characters and my Chaos characters, and kept my keybindings and map markers seperate. I did not go back to Unity, because, like I said I was sick of not having support here, and secondly, I didn't want the game to take such a long time patching/repatching each time I switched servers.

Maybe you can somehow have two installs at once, so you don't have to wait for 15 minutes on the patcher each time you switch.

***By the way I don't recommend Unity at all, there is no support there, the community is good, but people are just as nice on the US servers. I realize right now there's no real support on the US servers because of the sale, but at least on the US ones there's hope.

I never managed to get both the EU and the US horizons to work at the same computer, though I know some who did.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I can play without much difficulty on both. Just have to use #2 on the list:
    http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=62914
    and that's not too much trouble.

And I have HZ only one time installed.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Thank you Sigi.

If I should, some day, renew my Unity account I now know that I won't have to stop playing on Order.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Would love it if you came back
    In the mean time Poggle on!

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    You basically would need two installs of HZ for this to work, because there are slight differences in the way files are stored and accessed between EU and US. I started playing on Unity, got fed up with the **** there, and then made an account and logged on to the US servers. The game patched for a while, changing and re-arranging the files, and I would crash very often after that.
    (I don't know exactly why I crashed, maybe it's just coincidence and having an EU installation converted to a US one is A-Ok.)

Anyways, the game did make different folders for my Unity characters and my Chaos characters, and kept my keybindings and map markers seperate. I did not go back to Unity, because, like I said I was sick of not having support here, and secondly, I didn't want the game to take such a long time patching/repatching each time I switched servers.

Maybe you can somehow have two installs at once, so you don't have to wait for 15 minutes on the patcher each time you switch.

***By the way I don't recommend Unity at all, there is no support there, the community is good, but people are just as nice on the US servers. I realize right now there's no real support on the US servers because of the sale, but at least on the US ones there's hope.

I've heard from others coming into the NA shards from Unity that there is little if no support. But since I've been in the NA shards, first Twilight and Life and then Chaos and Order; I just figured I'd try something new and get to know some new faces

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    Hope for Unity too then...
    http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=70825

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Thread Information