Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unusual way to copy characters!

Default Unusual way to copy characters!

Hi all friends,
    in game i spoke to many people trying to explain my idea; now i want to hear your impressions on it:

IF and i repeat IF EI'll not buy unity's shard, do you think will it be possible to copy characters from EU to US shard in this way?

1. Make a pg in US server
    2. Take some screenshot regarding xp, schools, and so on of your EU characters
    3. Send these pics to EI
    4. EI implement these stats in the US characters
    5. You play in US shard with your secoular characters!
    I know it's really difficult, but it maybe became a possibility!

In this case, will you still play?

p.s. maybe you can take also pics of the plots..at least the structures!
    Paolo - Kenpa - Unity shard
    Guild "I protettori dell'antico codice"
    100 Paladin - Reaver - Mage - Druid - Healer - Spiritist - Conjurer / currently building Guardian
    Many Dragon's eye-teeths on his Zealot

Shudian Gun - Unity Shard
    True lunus making its A.R.o.P.
    57M of hoard (thanks to Paolo )

I know it's not what you asked but I really prefer EI and GN to come to an agreement so we can play at Unity with all the upgrades and things they have at NA too. And in my view that doesn't necessary mean they have to buy Unity.
    I don't think I want to transfer to NA with or without Sigi how easy or difficult but perhaps if we can't play anymore and the withdrawal symptoms get too bad.... But for now, thanks but no thanks.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

i would not play on NA

exp and schools are not as important as my items/techs/forms/plots/lairs/crystals

i dont know NA players but i dont want to play on their server and be an imigrant

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    i would not play on NA

exp and schools are not as important as my items/techs/forms/plots/lairs/crystals

i dont know NA players but i dont want to play on their server and be an imigrant
    But Vlisson,

I assure you you wouldn't feel an immigrant. I didn't, though I didn't know anyone here on Order. Not only did they make me feel very welcome, this server also is international and I have met players not only from the US, but also from Australia and Canada, for example. There are old players, new players, players who stopped playing for a long time and now returned... the idea of 'immigrant' loses its meaning in such a constellation.

But of course I can very well understand that one tends to grow fond of a character and his/her belongings. It was hard for me to give it all up. But its the fun in the game that counts and there are a whole lot of ways to have fun in Istaria.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I rather play in EU... for me atleast the game stutters and lags alot more when playing on NA shards...
    Tavar Ssaic (Order) - Sslik Berserker Maniac
    Mudz (Chaos) - Ssleek Monkey
    Trekk (Chaos) - Sslik Grandmaster Monk
    Telzun (Chaos) - Ancient Sslik, uhm I mean dragon :-)

Smile

Paolo

I like your idea and it should be something that EI considers if GN and EI can't reach an amicable agreement (which benefits the unity playerbase).

I would love to be able to take my lvl 100 draggie out of retirement and be able to fly about on Chaos (or maybe unity again).

But we shall just have to wait and see.....
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Iz
    I rather play in EU... for me atleast the game stutters and lags alot more when playing on NA shards...
    It was just the other way round for me. Could there be a problem with your drivers? Remember, the NA shards had more patches, maybe something changed that would be remedied by another driver?

Assuming, of course, that population on Unity and the NA shards is roughly equal and less lag is not simply due to less people playing....

Default That sly devil paolo!

Hey Paolo, i like your idea a LOT!

What you think did i do be4 my account expired? *Hint* Usual abbreviation is "SS".

SS?!?!?!??!

the only SS i know regards 2 World War!
    100 Paladin - Reaver - Mage - Druid - Healer - Spiritist - Conjurer / currently building Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo
    SS?!?!?!??!

LOL

I hope he means Screen Shot otherwise....

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

ahahahhahah ok, coool hagen!

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo
    SS?!?!?!??!

OMG, i forgot that you could think ..., because i'm German ...!

Yes, surely i meant ScreenShots.

Did a dozen of them from all my chars, one purpose being to have a reminder - if HZ would go down the drain. But main-purpose was to have "prove" - if only Unity would vanish.

I remember some little script or a set of commands that outputs character info (what texture, what head model, etc), vault contents and inventory(it sees them as one I think) contents into a text file.
    Problem is that it's plain text and you could edit value's to your liking

EI should have access to this thingy now.
    they could quite easily adapt it a bit, using pgp (opensource) to encrypt the textfile in a way only they can edit.
    That would be a more reliable option then screenshots I think.

I would prefer leaving Cobal on Unity where he belongs though.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Vahrokh has no problems flying in whatever sky, he arrived in Horizons from another game and is still ruling his "minion" in WoW, fighting the other dragon flights (Onyxia, Nefarian and such) thru his acolytes (read: he leads a big raiding guild ;P ).

What Vahrokh wants is to live, he's an immortal creature coming from another dimension / planet and his desire for life is extremely strong and he's ready for any adventure to keep going.

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity
    I think I was in their number. Who was here too? Pagon, Varaangard, you and?

Edit: I recall I actually recorded the movie of the ascension... could check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    I think I was in their number. Who was here too? Pagon, Varaangard, you and?
    The First Ancients on Unity. http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=26702
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

I haven't done ARoP yet with my dragon only RoP twice on Unity now I'm going strong with VenomClaw on Chaos

I think once you start copying data from Unity to Chaos you'll polute their safely guarded server. GN made a mess and never punished exploiters.

In this case you'll have players pass over alot of money and items before they know the transfer will be then you can figure out how this can and will be exploited in items and money being copied over.

First of all, people abused on the NA shards A LOT and half of the times they were not punished as well.

Second, I have the most expensive plots and sick gold but I'd renounce to all of this to be able to go "my true self" on another shard (in case this is the only way to keep playing).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    I think once you start copying data from Unity to Chaos you'll polute their safely guarded server. GN made a mess and never punished exploiters.
    What the heck makes you think everyone looks to go for the Chaos server? Well can only speak for myself, if my little family would ever think about and have the change to move into another world the 1st place to look out for would be on Order.
    Last edited by Joaqim; September 14th, 2006 at 01:05 AM.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    What the heck makes you think everyone looks to go for the Chaos server? Well can only speak for myself, if my little family would ever think about and have the change to move into another world the 1st place to look out for would be on Order.
    /agree

I would also prefer to move to Order, IF i have to move, well i prefer to stay on unity :P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

The question 'will/would it be possible' actually can have 2 meanings:

a) Is it feasible in terms of the method proposed?
    b) is there a chance that the companies involved (GN and EII) both would agree to do this?

I cannot answer either of the two.

What would be impossible would be a transfer of plot -- for the respective parallel plot might already be occupied on Chaos or Order.

Thread Information