Thread: Dear Horizons Fan

Kark

Default Dear Horizons Fan

just wonder where my favorite game going?
    im not a non-stop reader of forum or irc, just spend my time i have "in game"
    But lately my game is going down. when you do a research and you can see all the players on (under 50) is not good. For the first time in 3 years almost, i wonder if i should stay patient and wait. I need stuff, event etc... im like that lvling for lvling is sooooo boring. Humm maybe im not optimist? ******** my heart is in this game. But when i see old friends play less and less, thats not good too. Yeah, of course, ill give a chance to EI and i promess ill try to stay positive, but where our game is going?

Kark
    Order

Default Hello Kark

You cannot see those players that are invisible and choose to be invisible, therefore, you are not getting an accurate number. Yes, I have seen some of my friends leave, but more will come as well, as I have said before. Its nice to have met those, and stay in touch, and its nice to greet those new friends that come into the game.

As far as direction goes, it will take time for them to get fully adapted to this type of online game and I trust that they will do so.

Kark

Yeah i know that im here since beta,
    Anyway you know what i mean.

I doubt that a staggering number of those players are invisible. My guild used to be highly populated, but most have left, I have a meagar few that still cling to the game, to the point I'm considering swithcing guilds. If the game total roster says 50, then it's probably closer to 75 if that many. That's still dreadfully small.

I am still waiting and seeing.

Default were you here for the merge?

We went through the same thing, lots of folks left, more folks came in. Whats to say that won't happen again?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    We went through the same thing, lots of folks left, more folks came in. Whats to say that won't happen again?
    I can think of a few things that have happened lately that are preventing some from trying this game. Also, alienating your current player base which has stuck by the game and community for nearly 3 years isn't a smart way to gather more in - just look at SWG.

Stop with the intimidation of your PAYING player base. I think there's room for changes and you shouldn't play to any particular group but I don't take kindly to those that want my money but won't let me voice concerns or my opinion about game management issues.

Just my two copper ... actually, make that $103.60 per month - I better be able to say what I think if its put nicely.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Geezus Bulgrim. you are a true champion. Thats more money than I'd be willing to give.

Haha, not really - I just happened to notice my card was charged - I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. If the boards keep getting shut down or I get added to a "censured list" - that descision willl become easy.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Well I've seen several new people in my guild in the past few weeks, before and after EI took over.
    I'm hoping things will calm down and that we get an accurate idea of where it's all going. At the moment, I'm as much at a loss as everyone else, but I won't let that stop me doing things I like doing.
    They're going to have to turn the servers off permanently to get me to stop logging in.
    Well, unless they delete my dragons, then I'm going to be looking for heads to bang into walls... :P

My problem is that it's hard to keep new members in one's guild when there is barely anyone there to support them when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    My problem is that it's hard to keep new members in one's guild when there is barely anyone there to support them when they arrive.
    Yes, on Order at least, many guilds have fallen below "critical mass". And the changes to the group xp allocations made the problem much much worse.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

My guild on Order is also fairly hard hit... we have like 50 members.. but you rarely see more than 4-5 on at a time, that's our high point... most of which are crafting their hearts out.

Kinda sad really... I'd love to see more people around, and more reasons to actually bother grouping...

--Dhalin

high point is quite definately 4 now.

(Eh? I haven't even posted yet this evening, why am I getting:
    "This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 13 seconds.")

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    high point is quite definately 4 now.

(Eh? I haven't even posted yet this evening, why am I getting:
    "This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 13 seconds.")
    It's a new upgrade... the forum now anticipates your next posting...

The guild I was in, on Order, was fading... they tried to recruit more but many, many times I was on a lone, or with only a single other member. I used the marketplace and newbie channels for questions and discussions because usually, there was just simply no one else around to help me, or for me to offer things...
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net

The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
    Max DePree

What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens.
    Benjamin Disrael

Being a member of that same guild I can attest to the truth of that

Many left not our guild but the game, the biggest complaint by far being performance issues/bugs/very noticable grind. The last few bailed on the billing troubles.

I have no clue if other guilds are growing however, many of the larger ones when I started are pretty much gone but I' ve seen many names I don't recognize running around out there also /shrug
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thread Information