Thread: Alternative IRC

Default Alternative IRC

Back when the purchase of HZ was first announced I created a Horizons IRC channel on a separate network, in case the official one was discontinued. This channel is unaffiliated with any party, completely neutral and entirely unofficial. It exists as an alternative to the official channel and sees a lot of activity around the clock. A lot of the folks that were in the old official channel are in this new one. I thought it would be prudent to bring this up now that the old network is shut down.

The connection info is:
    Address: irc.netstable.net
    Port: 6667
    Channel: #horizons

Feel free to come join us. We're a whole bunch of people now. Remember, though, that this channel is run by yours truly, so only my rules apply (which aren't many - don't worry 'bout that.)

Edit: If you need a primer on IRC I posted one on the GN Unity forum back when: This link will take you offsite
    Last edited by tramsan; August 23rd, 2006 at 04:56 PM.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

That channel is also great if you ant to \bucket someone or ask a question to the \8ball

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

It is a great channel, lots of fun

Kudos to Tramsan for hosting it for us, thank you
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

The big plus' about this IRC channel to me are:
    1) that pretty much any topic is open for discussion.
    2) everyone is given a voice, not just forum admins.
    3) you dont have to worry about being muted... even if EII staff shows up(which Ive never seeen happen)
    4) you are respected for who you are and what you have to offer.

There are many more, but thats all I can think of in a brief period of time.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information