View Poll Results: How often are you in an Invisible status in game

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • I login invisible and stay there for the duration.

6 10.17%
  • I am invis most of the time.

1 1.69%
  • I tend to be invis about half the time.

2 3.39%
  • I am invis sometimes, but no where near half the time.

14 23.73%
  • I never am invis, but perhaps I have put some people on my ignore list.

30 50.85%
  • You can become invisible?? Dang I wish I would have known about this before.

6 10.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invis ingame

Default Invis ingame

The statement has been posed that nearly half of the playerbase logs in invis and stays that way for the duration of their gaming day. My question to you, as should be able to be seen by the poll... which category do you fit in.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

You know... I meant to put this post in the General section, but I wasn't completely paying attention to where I was at when I had the idea of posting it... I guess I oopsed..

*chuckles* would probably get more responses there...maybe you can ask a mod to move it

But you forgot an option, probably could replace the last one of not knowing, but really it would have been my answer..

"Do not play invisible, and I have noone on my ignore list"

As it stands I just picked the "am not invisible and have a few on my ignore list"...but I"m just too honest to not make a statement to correct it .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I can't even begin to tell you why some use this option. It would blow you away at the reasons and they are far to negative to mention.

As for me on the positive side. I have so many tells when I'm visible that I just can't keep up, so when I need a little time to myself I go invisi. After all we are all players and at some time in the day that is what we want to do. Many loved the grouping think when it was more feasible and I did to, but I also grew to love the solitude of a hunt with me, myself and I. Besides I volunteer a TON of my time and I like that too

Jayne

I'm in Jaynes position... Some times I'm invisible, some times I'm not. Depends on what I'm doing and my reason for logging in that day.

I'd also like to point out that... well... the forums aren't a majority of the players... I don't think this is an accurate poll of the majority. An assumption can be made, that those who are invis might not care to touch the forums as well... they don't want to be heard or seen =)

Also... a lot of players may not know or care that the forums existance.

The boards is a tiny sliver of the player base of HZ. And also remember the active player base is just a piece of the pie. There are many others that are paying for game yet I never see them log on. They may have bought a one year sub but didn't like the game or whatever other reason and there can be many.

I know I see lots of owned plots that never are built or even planned but are owned. And I have never see them on. But as most everything its speculation.

Jayne

Jayne I've always assumed that to be another phenominon. I know several who have one main character, but 5 accounts. They have 5 land holders basically, and one character to build them all.

Though ya, I've seen the same and wondered too =/

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    "Do not play invisible, and I have noone on my ignore list"
    Given that choice it would have been my vote too. I've never felt the need to ignore anyone in HZ, huge contrast to the game I was playing before.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Never invisible, no one on ignore.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

I will agree that there are many that never look at these boards, and if they do, it is because they were coaxed to by another. Personally, think I turned on Invis 1 time, and that was only because I wanted to test something with it.

Usually, if I want to have a quiet gaming experience, one that I can act like a total noob and do anything I want, or try something new, I login an alt, that is non guilded so that I can be in peace... though there I still do not have myself on invis mode. Do I do this often? Not really, Though those closest to me know all of my alts and can still get in touch with me ingame if needed.

I personally enjoy helping people in game when I have the chance. I sometimes even offer myself up to support someone else my whole gaming period, just because I had nothing better to do that day. I would much rather see someone put up an AFK automated response stating that they were wishing to play solo for a while, or that they were busy with something at the moment then to see them in front of you running around and you send them a tell and get nothing whatsoever...

I dont know.. call me wierd or something.

Hehe I tried that very thing, but that get's annoying when you are in "tells" with friends or what not. You want to talk to them and every time they message you they get spammed with the AFK =)

I love to help too! But sometimes... i want me time =P Even if I declare it "me" time if someone ask me for something I'll try to help and do it... Inviso just ... helps me have less tells incoming.

I have a Box of tabs for channels, one for combat... and then one specifically for tells... I think I may need 2 for tells! Yeep!

Ummm invisi does not mean you dont get tells, believe me I get plenty of them. What you are refering to is ignore, and I have never used that. Heck there are some people that I just don't get along with as much as I tried and I don't even ignore them. Heck I wish they would communicate with me so we can start some sort of new relationship in game. After all we all play this game because we all care for it. Even to this day I say hi to these people in main chat to be friendly. I never get a response but I do try. Hows that for an advocate?

Default Sorry

Cant move a thread that has a poll in it.

Toss in another scenario of why someone might go invis...a guildie of mine wanted to finish her last levels of alchy without being spammed with tells for crafting requests. Once she received her emblem it was business as usual.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I never go invis, and I think I've only ever put one mabe two people on ignore.

Since Maiyr is my main i will vote in his stead, hes been invisible since before the merge, anyone that needs me knows they can find me in marketplace. As for my other characters they usually arent invisible and i dont have anyone on ignore.
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

I am invisble all the time and have not turned it off for over a year.....and yet some how poeple that are not in my "can see me list" still bug me

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    I am invisble all the time and have not turned it off for over a year.....and yet some how poeple that are not in my "can see me list" still bug me
    Thats because your Blue... and they're just trying to cheer you up.

[who says you need over 25 characters to express what you need to say]

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    That's because you're in the same guild as me. :P

Actually, I don't know whether I'm in your "can see me" list.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information