Thread: Dravatar has not posted

Default Dravatar has not posted

because he asked that user name to be deleted. Moderators were allowed to have two ids, one as a player and another as a mod. Dravatar was my moderator ID.

Since stepping down as a moderator, I no longer am allowed to have 2 ids according to the rules, so I asked that Dravatar be removed. Zack, Peaches and myself tried to do so and the forum software didn't work like we thought. Banning Dravatar was a quick solution. The id can no longer be used and I am now in compliance with the forum rules.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions floating about.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Default Thank you for posting

Many pms have been coming my way, asking why you were banned, and I explained it as best I could. Thank you for posting, this will set calm with the posters.

Its a CONSPIRACY I say! A conspiracy! Dravatar is bound and gagged in a closet in the basement of EI's Arazona office!

YOU CANNOT HIDE THE TRUTH!

FREE DRAVATAR! FREE DRAVATAR! (sing it with me!)

>:-)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    Its a CONSPIRACY I say! A conspiracy! Dravatar is bound and gagged in a closet in the basement of EI's Arazona office!

YOU CANNOT HIDE THE TRUTH!

FREE DRAVATAR! FREE DRAVATAR! (sing it with me!)

>:-)
    You took your pills today?

Want some of mine?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Oh Drats!

I forgot to leave him food. *sighs* Guess I better do it real quick, so he doesn't lose any more weight!!!!!!!! Sets out a plate of food for Dravatar!

ROFL!!!

All of you are too much....

and Peaches, he could stand to lose a lot more weight.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

the Lich King strikes again!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default In all honesty

He is with the gerbils and hamsters, to provide extra oomph to those weary ones that are tired of running the servers. I mean, gosh, those wittle legs get tired of all that running in circles! *g*

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I forgot to leave him food. *sighs* Guess I better do it real quick, so he doesn't lose any more weight!!!!!!!! Sets out a plate of food for Dravatar!
    What, and deprive your cats of their food??!!

Quote Originally Posted by FleshRoast
    because he asked that user name to be deleted. Moderators were allowed to have two ids, one as a player and another as a mod. Dravatar was my moderator ID.

Since stepping down as a moderator, I no longer am allowed to have 2 ids according to the rules, so I asked that Dravatar be removed. Zack, Peaches and myself tried to do so and the forum software didn't work like we thought. Banning Dravatar was a quick solution. The id can no longer be used and I am now in compliance with the forum rules.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions floating about.
    hmm interesting...
    why not creating a membergroup "retired mods" with no permissions to start , read oder reply to topics.

This would solve both, the point that "offline" Mods are not allowed to use their account anymore and the point of misunderstandable bans.

Deleting an account brings in the problem that all posts will me no longer related to an user db-account so they would show up as "unregistered" if the software supports that or if not destroy those threads.
    Deleteing all post of an deleted mod-account would also destroy the threads in a way, that they may no longer be understrandable.

so i thing a special membergroup is the best way.

errrrmm...

If the software is such that it deletes all previous posts from a banned poster, then I would have preferred that the Dravatar identity (and all the existing Dravatar posts) would have been kept in the system and that you simply would have refrained from posting anything as Dravatar from now on.

Or did I get you wrong?
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default It is currently

One posting account per . Thus, he realized this and asked that it be remedied. He discussed it with Zack and they both agreed on the way to handle it.

Yes, only one posting identity unless its a moderator. But I would have trusted Dravatar to stop posting as Dravatar without the necessity of removing the Dravatar posts.

I did not criticise how the decision was found, but the decison itself. The fact that several people agreed on it does not make it necessarily the best possible decision.

Default If you do a search of Dravatars name

Then a list of all his posts, you will find that they indeed, have not been deleted.

I'm wondering why we're arguing how it was done... What's done is done and both parties involved decided on a way they were satisfied with. That's all that matters is it not?

As for the post, Thanks for the information! I was beginning to wonder what happened to Dravatar but didn't want to bother anyone with a PM. This really clears things up =D

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Then a list of all his posts, you will find that they indeed, have not been deleted.
    Thank you Peaches. That was what I wanted to know

Thread Information