Thread: .NET Framework Error Message

Gem

Default .NET Framework Error Message

Please Help! I am trying out the game again (returning) and can not log on to the game. I keep getting the same error msg. I've made sure I have .NET Framework 1.1, and 2.0 and the 1.1 service pack. I've gone in and made sure that istaria.com is "always allowed". I AM the owner of my computer. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have suggestions? If there is a thread already started, please lead me to it. I haven't found one yet.

What is the exact error message you're getting? That helps.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Gem

The patching process has failed, please enure that:
    1 You trust digitally signed content from Tulga Games.
    2 You are an admin on your computer
    3 You have the .Net framework 1.1 installed.

Error Name:TypeError
    Error Message: Object doesn't support this properly or method
    Extened Error Message: Failed Initializing .NET control.

Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Gem
    Please Help! I am trying out the game again (returning) and can not log on to the game. I keep getting the same error msg. I've made sure I have .NET Framework 1.1, and 2.0 and the 1.1 service pack. I've gone in and made sure that istaria.com is "always allowed". I AM the owner of my computer. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have suggestions? If there is a thread already started, please lead me to it. I haven't found one yet.
    You have the 1.1 framework, and 2.0? I was under the impression that you have one or the other, but can't have both installed at the same time. Many games don't support 2.0, such as Dungeons & Dragons Online, so try uninstalling "both" (if it's even possible to have both) and just use 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    You have the 1.1 framework, and 2.0? I was under the impression that you have one or the other, but can't have both installed at the same time. Many games don't support 2.0, such as Dungeons & Dragons Online, so try uninstalling "both" (if it's even possible to have both) and just use 1.1.
    I have a few computers and they have both versions installed and they happily coexist.

I have had problems with Net 1.1 in the past by unistalling it, going to Windows Update , picking custom and reinstalling the problem was resolved.

Gem

Well, I uninstalled both 1.1 and 2.0 and re-installed and got the same error message. Will uninstall both again and try with only 1.1 and see what happens. I've now lost 2 days of my 7 day trial period. Have enough things changed since last year come back and go through all this??

Gem

Zzergresh

I had this problem with the same error message. Turned out my browsers was blocking the ActiveX control from being installed , once i allowed it , it ran fine.

I had an issue with the .net installer myself recently, I just assumed it was because I recently reinstalled windows from scratch and had to update my .net framework.

I've been too lazy to do this yet, so I turned off the .net updater on the web page, and can log in fine without it. Doing this may at least allow you to log in if you are having .net issues.

Thread Information