Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the funniest thing that has happened to you in Horizons?

Default Whats the funniest thing that has happened to you in Horizons?

I had one really funny experience I will share.

It was back when the building of the first outpost outside of Harro was completed. Ever now and then, the mobs wandered up into the valley where the yew trees were.

I happened across a player one day, fighting one mob. He had a heck of a time, fighting it, I noticed his health was low, so I healed him, then I sent him, asking him if he wanted more heals. No response, so I stayed there , healing him. Tried talking to him again. No response. Well, I figured, after spending a half an hour of healing him, that I needed to get back to my plot, so I left.

I then pmd Malicore, and told him what was hapening with that player. He said he would go and check it out.

A few minutes later, he sends me a tell, saying he is there, and healing the player. But then he said, didn't you notice he has a blue name? *laughs* I said, I sure didn't, was too intent on healing him. Turned out it was the guard, lol.

So, what is the funniest thing that has happened to you in Horizons?

It was April Fools...some cow wandered into Aug and a massacre followed. My guild then, the notorious SI (Simply Insane), heed the call.

At the scene, while buffing my spiffiness way over on the other side of town I started calling the cow my little *edited*. And stuff.

The cow bee-lined over and one-shot me.

Wait..that wasn't funny...
    Last edited by Peaches; August 31st, 2006 at 10:42 AM.

The funniest thing that ever happend to me was once I was flying by the Harro out post (by the yew machine shop) and I saw the ranger guard standing at least 100ft up in the air. I was going to take a screen shot, but then the guard dissapeared, I looked all over after that and she (I think) was no where to be found.

I'm sure not everyone will find this as funny as I, but here goes...

My favorite, and I'm sure a few of my guildmates will attest, was death by trinkets...

There I was, going over some of the items on my plot, and cleaning up the inventories and my vault at the same time. I had created quite a few piles of trinkets that had been collected over a few weeks. Figured that they weren't worth anything to other players, and the Pawn Brokers certainly turned up thier noses and booted me out of their shops just for offering them.

So, what do I do with them? May as well start using them! Was quite entertaining seein all of those debuffs, and buffs wreaking havoc on my health. After about 30-40 of these, and still standing, and about 30 mins listing off each effect after each one... had just one lonely shiny trinket left to use.

Guess which one it was...

The dreaded 10 hp trinket! Just like that, plop dead!
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I had one really funny experience I will share.

It was back when the building of the first outpost outside of Harro was completed. Ever now and then, the mobs wandered up into the valley where the yew trees were.

I happened across a player one day, fighting one mob. He had a heck of a time, fighting it, I noticed his health was low, so I healed him, then I sent him, asking him if he wanted more heals. No response, so I stayed there , healing him. Tried talking to him again. No response. Well, I figured, after spending a half an hour of healing him, that I needed to get back to my plot, so I left.

I then pmd Malicore, and told him what was hapening with that player. He said he would go and check it out.

A few minutes later, he sends me a tell, saying he is there, and healing the player. But then he said, didn't you notice he has a blue name? *laughs* I said, I sure didn't, was too intent on healing him. Turned out it was the guard, lol.

So, what is the funniest thing that has happened to you in Horizons?
    Thank heavens I'm not the only one that did this type of thing. However, I was trying to ask the player if he wanted the trophies I had gotten, because we were both killing beetles, and being that I was higher level and was only killing for an easy quest. Of course, when I thought I was thoroughly being ignored...lol, I went on about my business and thought *hmph* Later in the day I returned through the gates of Kion, and looked at a guard with....low and behold...the same name of the person I was trying to talk to earlier.....yea, I'm calling me and you a goof ball

Every one of us has done this at least once, but mine was pretty spectacular.

I was working on Miner and had been grinding for quite a while when I decided to take a break and go make myself some new tier 4 jewelry. I ported around to get all the raw materials, then headed for Kion and stashed my disk upstairs while I ran down the road a pace to get the last few bits for adding sockets.

When I got back I had a brilliant idea - I'd switch to jeweler school to get the nice chunk of XP for making a dozen pieces of jewelry. I walked out to the balconey where Bastea stood back then, greeted the lady, and changed to the jeweler school.

Whoops.

Suddenly I'm standing in the middle of Kion sporting naught but gloves and shoulderpads, and overburdened with all the cargo armor and disk that I could no longer wear, and the inventory that they carried. Fortunately I was able to get ahold of a friend who was willing to hold some of the inventory and bring the weight down to where I could hobble inside and use it up making stuff.

He did keep making wisecracks about me being a Family Jeweler.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Before they fixed the "macro code" to break macros when a character either went up / down in health... people actually were making UCMs (Uncontrolled combat macros) with Horizon's hotkey system.

So about 3 guilds found this one guy fighting sand beetles (pre-merge grant you) when they existed on the kion beach... and just south of them was an undead section with 15th - 20th level undead (where the sand pygmy and ogres are now)... one guild person got the sand beetle the "macro'ed adventurer" had locked onto and lead the beetle to the undead area.

about 10 of us watched as the undead killed him.... then the round robbin rezzing started as everyone with rez began taking turns bringing him back to life so the undead could kill him again.

(I always wondered what the player did when he came home / woke up and found 100 or so DP's on his character)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I was on a little dryad alt of mine who I used for construction crafting, She had all of 10 adv levels. While peacefully crafting in PC with my GL and a few other guildies, Ria told us he was going to get Rawdge to spawn the old AoP for us too see what he looked like. All happy like, I flutter into the shop, craft my sandstone blocks and turn to see a dragon run by. Oooo thinks me, thats an unusual color....and Ghostly, never seen any hatchling by that name..! I fly out of the shop and get knocked flat on my back, realizing too late that Ghostly is not a friend of mine, but rather of the AoP haha. Ahh the memories
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Humm....

Funniest thing that ever happened to me occured waay back in the days of AE pre-merge.

I was a meager level 20ish dragon with maybe 15 levels of crafting and I was working leveling myself up using the sandstone and bronze that used to be where the obsidian field by the crafting caves outside of Dralk is now.

I was totally alone and I was working out of the lower cave. I assume what happened next had to have been the mother of all database glitches. I literally saw one of the sandstone outcroppings turn into a level 60ish spider, run all the way across the path to the other side of the screen and then turn back into a sandstone node.

Suffice to say, I quietly packed up my cargo disk and decided to go grind levels somewhere else.

I remember the guy at the higher level sand beetles; Barstool (?) Up the beach from Sslanis. We were also able to get him into the water to drown... The devs let him be to learn from his techniques. Banned eventually of course.

In beta, my first pass to become Ranger. I had done 20? levels as Scout, and went off to my Druid training in Dalimond to prepare for Ranger. I was wearing chain, and as soon as I became Druid, the armor went into my inventory, which, as usual, was pretty full. ROOTED! And naked. Had to have a friend come take some stuff; and I'd gotten rid of my training robe, and had to borrow a little copper to buy some cloth "armor".
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default Lerena Bridge

I think I posted this over on the old Tazoon.com moons ago, but...

Way pre-merge when the Shadow Shard was finishing the bridge that lead to Lerena, there were about 50 of us from many guilds all prepared to rush over and grab the plots once the bridge was finished. I handed the final Obsidian (?) keystones to a guildie and everyone lined up on the edge of the bridge, buffing ourselves for maximum speed.

Bang! the keys are applied, and the whole scaffolding blinked out of existence for a second, shortly to be replaced by our long awaited bridge!

Shock for us 50 though - we all dropped in the water and drowned when the scaffolding disappeared!!! There's no gradual shoreline there. The cursing and screaming and laughing as folks recalled back and started the long haul race back from Morning Light or whereever was about the best time I've had in game.

Of course, we had to camp there for better than a day waiting for a developer to flip a switch to actually buy the plots, but there you go.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Hmmm, looking through my Screenshots i stirred up some nice memories where i surely had to laugh a lot - or had a wide grin on my fice at last.

1.) Like that one time when i was at yew, chopping wood at the machine. I filled up disk and inv with logs, cutting boards for exp - as i did some hours before. Once then i got only half of the usual amount of exp, though having emptied my inv totally. When checking my Tarbash's i had to chuckle, as BOTH (uncut) logs and the made boards had wandered in it.

2.) Or leveling classes, pulling a lot of mobs as you're hoping you will heal by the level-up ... and you merely survive the pull, being stuck at 99.99%!

3.) Once - back at the time i had to hunt those Cankerous Aegrors for T&C VII, i killed one of them just as he blew his last attack at me. Somehow, i saw the animation of that last Attack, being a Green, blighted Breath-cloud, several times. And as the Aegror was dead, well it looked rather funny and i fell from my chair.

4.) But the funniest thing maybe happened back in the "old times", when hunting cursed wolfes out of harro. Suddenly, while deep in a fight i realized an unknown creature "wrapping" by in some distance. I was able to track it down, as it stood some minutes in that area. See and laugh your bu** off.

One of the funniest things happened in the last hours before shard merge into Unity. A host of the mightiest players decided to do a raid (I think they went at the marrows, but am not sure about it) -- clad only in special pants! The screenshots were hilarious.

Another was the famous 'gnaked gnome race' where 1st lvl gnomes raced into a tierV mob area and drew all kinds of aggro. Winner was who managed to survive longest. I remember the account of that was given in the manner of a football stadium speaker -- very very funny.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

the famous 'gnaked gnome race'
    I unfortunately missed that one, but it does remind me of a time when I was rather low level on Spirit shard...

I wanted to level cleric to 10 so that I could rez, and needed about a half a dozen levels to get there, so a couple of higher level guildmates offered to take me hunting. One was a level 50+ bezerker (Auriel I think was her name) and the other was Moribund, then a level 40-ish spiritist (?maybe shaman?). I put on the only armor I could find on the connie, a horrible set of pink stuff that made me long for my ranger chain back, and off we went.

We traipsed to what is now the northern part of the mithril fields, but back then was the spawning grounds for tier III metal golems.

Auriel quickly took care of the golems in each of three relatively close spawn spots and was running from one to the next looking for the next nasties to pop. I 'followed' Auriel around because I was having a hard time manually following her running around. Moribund preferred to stay more or less in a central spot and watch us run around.

Unfortunately for me, the golems kept popping just after Auriel ran by, which meant theywhen they struck the nearest target, it was me. Moribund made plentiful use of her rez spell that day! She decided that Auriel was just trolling for golems using me as bait...

Moribund tried to warn us when the golems popped, which was apparently when they saw me coming. Since the pink armor made her think I was in my birthday suit, her warning cry became, "gnekkid gnome sighted!"

This actually worked pretty well until a dwarf in special pants, named Glocaug, showed up. He heard Moribund call, "gnekkid gnome sighted!" as he came within our view, thought she was talking about him, and got rather incensed.

Took a while to explain that one to him... but I wound up with an excellent new friend after that :-)

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    One of the funniest things happened in the last hours before shard merge into Unity. A host of the mightiest players decided to do a raid (I think they went at the marrows, but am not sure about it) -- clad only in special pants! The screenshots were hilarious.
    Well one other fun thing that happened during that evening was when the huge mob of players got caugth by a green vexator in a narrow canion, and the chain ligthing proceeded to leapfrog from one player to another. I think it kept doing that for something like 20 minutes, with massive DP's as the result. But the real fun of that was that when people recalled, the ligthing then leapfroged to the NPC guards, with the result that when I came to Kion a bit later, the guards where attacking and chasing around players, and most of the low lvl NPC's in the area was dead
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Remember way back when pre-merge there was this ol' boy known commonly as the AoP? Well, as level 30 something mage I ported into harro and there he was. PANIC!! Hit Sprint! Run away screaming like the hottie in the grade B horror movies. And I got away. Well sir, I turned around, shouted several insults concerning the circumstances of AoP's birth, mooned him and showed him the social finger.

Then I walked out the gate into his twin brother :/ SPLAT!
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Well I don't typically have any funny stories since mine are mostly how Jayne causes death and destruction everywhere she goes, but.............

When I first got on HZ a very long time ago. I had no idea what towns were for certain teirs per say and such. So I was alone learning the game and decided to just go somewhere and see what I could find.

I can't remember where i went but I kept running around not finding any mobs or anything. I was off the roads and just basicaly looking for mobs and or people in game.

I came upon this hill and in the distance I saw a body. I figured "Cool someone else out here playing the game too". So I run up and start to try an initiate a chat. Well it wasnt working and before i know it this jerk started attacking me which was a surprise because I was told there is no PvP in this game.

Needless to say I quickly figured out that this was no friend and started to run. Then "BAM" he hit me. There I lay dead anfter running for how long out to the middle of nowhere.

Wel from that day on I wasnt gonna let that happen to me again. Now I am the one that goes "BAM" to them

Jayne

I think the most hilarious thing I've ever had happen recently was when I was taking my dragon to adult in the RoP. I just got to the point of having to take on Kaa, and asked a friend of mine to help with healing since he said he could rez.

We get out there, get Kaa, and of course, I die in the process. I asked him for a rez, and he says, 'I can't right now.'
    I replied, 'But you said you can rez'
    He said, 'No I can't. I don't know where it is.'
    'I can wait while you dig it up.'
    He finally said, 'No, you don't understand. I don't have it at all. I don't know where it is.'

I just laughed.
    It turns out he'd cleared out his Tier 1 spells and deleted ressurect in the process.

So I made him three more.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Silsarik Dracoen
    Humm....

Funniest thing that ever happened to me occured waay back in the days of AE pre-merge.

I was a meager level 20ish dragon with maybe 15 levels of crafting and I was working leveling myself up using the sandstone and bronze that used to be where the obsidian field by the crafting caves outside of Dralk is now.

I was totally alone and I was working out of the lower cave. I assume what happened next had to have been the mother of all database glitches. I literally saw one of the sandstone outcroppings turn into a level 60ish spider, run all the way across the path to the other side of the screen and then turn back into a sandstone node.

Suffice to say, I quietly packed up my cargo disk and decided to go grind levels somewhere else.
    Oh, man, that's really funny. I laughed for 5 minutes at the image!

Old joke.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Thread Information