Thread: To all of those who insist that there is nothing to do anymore

Lightbulb To all of those who insist that there is nothing to do anymore

Hello. I would like to put my two cents in here. Admittedly, I have not been here since beta, but I have been here since shortly before merger, so I do have some experience. I have not been able to play as much as some of my friends, so I am a lower level than they are, but, to my knowledge, none of them have any trouble finding things to do, nor do I, both adventure and craft. And they have been here from beta, or release. I would like to challenge all of those who say that there is no content that they have not mastered with this (these) question(s):
    You say there is nothing to do, but have you made characters who have every crafting class maxed out? Or ones who have every adventure class maxed out? Have you made characters who have classes you swore you saw no use for? Have you tried new mixtures of strategies? Used abilities and spells you swore were useless? Used them to defeat mobs you knew couldn't be defeated by anything other than your tried and true methods? Have you tried adventuring in cargo armor? Tried using tools as weapons? Have you tried to gift a newbie with your experience? Tried to work on someones' plot who you didn't know from Adam, just to use what you know? Have you participated in the world events, both adventure and craft? Have you gotten the thrill of knowing that that newbie you just gifted with a full set of armor or scales (teched, of course), will now live longer than he/she/it would have? Have you spent time working with the newbies on the New Player chat? Have you showed anyone your favorite places to hunt, or craft, or just look at? Have you tried to mentor a new player, showing them what you've done to make your build what it is?
    These are just suggestions for things to do, but the reality is, there is more than enough content in this game to keep anyone interested and occupied. All that it takes is a little unselfishness and imagination. Whining that the world has no "elder" content just tells everyone what a paucity of imagination you have. Development will come from within, if you just try to find it. If you must have someone put something ingame to point to so you can say "see, now this is new and will save Horizons", then I'm sorry you have so little imagination. And that you are so selfish that helping others, even though you may not know them, is not an option.
    Bis Armida
    Eglanor
    Teren Armida
    Devonee Wingfighter
    Obsidian Order on Order

You are correct. I'm overwhelmed with things to do. That's why HZ is such a success. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    You are correct. I'm overwhelmed with things to do. That's why HZ is such a success. Thank you.
    Ah, what a constructive reply. Thank you.

Always something to do, somewhere to be, and most of all someone to help! Build something... or fight to get little pieces for their armor.

If anything... there's always that hole in the mountain side to work on if I have nothing else. =)

add more spaces to your text then it attracts more to be read ^^

im no friend of doing "silly" things like hunting with cargo-armor only to get more difficulty

the good spirit of Horizons never reached me, i ever wondered why this coummunity is better then others?

i will be never bored in such way that i build on the plot of another who dont asked me for help. (1 plot and 1 lair have to be finished first) even then i wont do that, call me egoistic if you want

the time has changed
    the game has changed
    the players who plays HZ have changed

ok im not finished with all my projects/shools/hunts

it will take a lot of time more, but im not motivated to do this grind

ok new players need help, but there are others who enjoy this service

i have been in a big guild at the release and got a lot responsibilities and im fed up with this stuff ^^

but its nice to see that there are peoples left who take care of new players

Bis... Honestly, I have done all those things. I tend to regularly head out with others on fun hunts... well fun for me. Make things for others... they ask me for a staff, I give them the one they want, plust the rest of their tiers worth. Talk with new players, guiding them to the proper places to hunt for their lvl, school, and ability.

Im not the best adventurer or crafter out there, but I do know a couple of things about both. Is the game getting boring? To me in a word Yes... Why? because all of the friends that I have spent nearly 3000 hours playing alongside are no longer choosing Horizons as their game. Why?? Because they, along with myself, do not feel that currently the game is going to progress. Im waiting to be proven wrong on this account. I can play on about any game out there, as I play for the companionship that the game provides, not the quests, terrain, how good a client works, is there something new to do today, etc... I play for the sheer joy of helping others obtain their goals in game.

Additional comments Ill not add here as they will further tangent this thread from its OP.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I can't say I enjoy maxing my crafting skills that much, that's allways been grind, my joy usually comes out of what I can make in the end, not the grinding to get there.

I have plenty of things to do in the game, but it's all like work instead of play. I still log in to do them on occasion, but I really have to be in the mood. Really need to finish my lair hall.

I still enjoy hunting with my dragon, just wish that my level 100 dragon didn't get killed in three blows by level 101 blighted mobs. I usually end up just sticking to the swamps where I can usually find something my level that isn't going to lay the smackdown on me, but the drops there usually aren't as interesting.

there is always something to do in any MMO. Its a moot and pointless arguement.

the real fact here is does all the possibilities a game might present to you make the game fun for you ? If it does then great keep playing. If it does not than its pointless to keep paying for a service you are no longer getting any benefit from.

This game needs excitement and a sense of urgency.

Agreed. It had some exitement before the merge in my opinion. But, then I think I've made it clear by now that most of the best things about the game were spoiled after that event.

The depth and implementations possible thus far, I don't see it difficult to achieve such. It shall require much courage, however.

Porting into Harro and seeing nothing AoP in front of ya gave both. Excitement of the 'Holy Snakesnot Batman!' type and urgency of the 'RUN AWAY!' type. I don't remember AoP's stats but I think he would give the most powerful in the land a run for their money solo.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Excitement in a particular area, is wanting to kill just one more mob before you log to see what you may get...just one more...and just one more...one more...c'mon baby...one Zzz...and you wake the morning with keyboard imprints on your forehead..

Urgency is getting a tell by people for the need to gather by a city for it has been taken. Portal to such city closed down. Dark skies and lightening roaring above. The city engulfed by evil creatures. Outside, their army awaits.

For those who have been playing a long time, and actually HAVE maxed out all classes, there really is nothing else to do. There's no point of logging in, except for friends, but what if a majority of them quit?

I'm not saying many of my friends quit, but I honestly don't see any real point of logging in when most of the time they're not even online. I'm also not saying I've maxed every class out, as I still have lairshaping to do, but that gets quite boring and slow.

There's always the aspect of roleplaying, but no one really does this. You can't have a serious roleplay session on the public channels without a few people being "uber" and doing something impossible, and as for my guild.. well, it's not very often any members are actually there.

As for the 'sense of urgency'.. there really is none, not even near Harro. This event has gone on so long it's very likely it will never end.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Default Ramblings

Tresil Trively, ElAr, solo'd AoP at the Harro'ing gate at 92? and I did as Ranger at about 95. In each case, friends kept the entourage suppressed. Multi-classing in each case was mild; some cleric for heals and buffs, some mage for elementals. Not even perfect or multi, and I did not have DC until 100. We were by no means the lowest or firstest. Times do change!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bis Armida
    Hello. I would like to put my two cents in here. Admittedly, I have not been here since beta, but I have been here since shortly before merger, so I do have some experience. I have not been able to play as much as some of my friends, so I am a lower level than they are, but, to my knowledge, none of them have any trouble finding things to do, nor do I, both adventure and craft. And they have been here from beta, or release. I would like to challenge all of those who say that there is no content that they have not mastered with this (these) question(s):
    You say there is nothing to do, but have you made characters who have every crafting class maxed out? Or ones who have every adventure class maxed out? Have you made characters who have classes you swore you saw no use for? Have you tried new mixtures of strategies? Used abilities and spells you swore were useless? Used them to defeat mobs you knew couldn't be defeated by anything other than your tried and true methods? Have you tried adventuring in cargo armor? Tried using tools as weapons? Have you tried to gift a newbie with your experience? Tried to work on someones' plot who you didn't know from Adam, just to use what you know? Have you participated in the world events, both adventure and craft? Have you gotten the thrill of knowing that that newbie you just gifted with a full set of armor or scales (teched, of course), will now live longer than he/she/it would have? Have you spent time working with the newbies on the New Player chat? Have you showed anyone your favorite places to hunt, or craft, or just look at? Have you tried to mentor a new player, showing them what you've done to make your build what it is?
    These are just suggestions for things to do, but the reality is, there is more than enough content in this game to keep anyone interested and occupied. All that it takes is a little unselfishness and imagination. Whining that the world has no "elder" content just tells everyone what a paucity of imagination you have. Development will come from within, if you just try to find it. If you must have someone put something ingame to point to so you can say "see, now this is new and will save Horizons", then I'm sorry you have so little imagination. And that you are so selfish that helping others, even though you may not know them, is not an option.
    Bis Armida
    Eglanor
    Teren Armida
    Devonee Wingfighter
    Obsidian Order on Order
    There is actually not a lot to do. There a few things to do over and over again. Yes you can level more crafting classes but come on, I've gotten 10,000 loads of sandstone, 10,000 loads of copper, slate, nickel, cotton.... Get it, yes I can get a new formula from a new class but geez louise I've hauled those loads over and over again. So same thing, new formula.

Yes you can get a new class, and fight a new monster. But most of the monsters are just bigger reskinned monsters with more armor and hitpoints. Bigger dogs, bigger trees, bigger spiders, bigger ghosts. Not all, but most. So fighting is very much the same thing over and over again. I can choose a new class, but ah guess what I'm fighting the same mob again and again.

Crafting and adventuring events - again see above. Hauling the same materials, doing the same thing, just in a new area. But at least here there is some lore or reason to do it. The adventuring events are a bit more interesting, they are ususally more than just a reskinned mob and usually have some interesting loot, or a nice shiny for us dragons.

Unselfishness and imagination can take you a long way. Which is why I still hope they are working on that quest thingy, somehow I doubt it, at least right now anyway.

In short, no there really is not a lot to do in this game. Just a few things, a great great great many times. It's fine for awhile but it gets wearying (sp) after awhile

Venge Sunsoar

If nothing else, tinkerers, put sandstone, slate, etc. cargo disks on the NT connies. Same with beginner dragon scale packs. I have no tink, but I've seen several new players asking for beginner cargo disks and backpacks/scalepacks.

Well I find always something to do:

• build my lair with the grand hall in it (XP)
    • going shopping in kion (harrr i love shopping)
    • hunting t6 blights to complete my radiant crystals colletion (yes, I love to collect all stuff i can find )
    • hunt those named mobs if someone asks for help
    • filling the nt consi with t1 stuff like spells, scales, claws, scalepacks, well soem players think its funny to put dumpign prices in the nt consi, so i stopped the filling now
    • chatting with friends
    • bulding on communtiy lairs

and when i have done all this on the list, i will start to progress my biped character yeeeeeessss

So there is enough to do in istaria, you just have to be creative.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information