Thread: Teched Spells

Default Teched Spells

I have a level 30 Cleric with basic spells Group Heal II, Improved Revitalise, and others. I notice that in my Techniques, I have a tech to improve the healing of a spell.

Can I somehow apply this technique to existing spells or do I need to have someone create new spells for me with this technique applied to the unscribed spell?

Thanks for any answers and clarification.

You will need a new spell made with the tech applied, unfortunately there are no 'tech kits' that can apply techs to already made items. Make sure to check the tech before you get it made and gather the comps listed there, the crafter will need them to make your new spell .
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    You will need a new spell made with the tech applied, unfortunately there are no 'tech kits' that can apply techs to already made items. Make sure to check the tech before you get it made and gather the comps listed there, the crafter will need them to make your new spell .
    Not true there is 1 tech kit that can be apply to spells and I think weapons. The new Withered bane form you get from New Tris allows you to create a tech kit that is applyable after the fact to weapons and spells.

I stand corrected, there is that relatively new tech I completely forgot about

The technique he referred to however will need to be made with a new spell, Withered Bane is the only exception, every other technique will have to be done as I described.

Was Withered Bane introduced by TG as a new start to teching items in game btw?
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Being a new player, the Withered Bane was the first spell tech that I came across and obtained around level 10 or 15. Because of this, I partially assumed there may be similar spell techs, but was also leary of that assumption since no other item techs appear to work that way. The Withered Bane tech is also in the formulas section as a creatable item, all my spell techs are in the techniques section with no way to create them as items and then apply them as spell. Of course anyone who has played sometime knows and understands all that, I'm just saying it for the benefit of any new player that may read this post.

Thread Information