Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This ever happen to you?

Default This ever happen to you?

In-game I was levelling my low level Saris, trying in vain to get my Outfitter to actually go anywhere. Meh.

Suddenly, this other biped comes up to me (I will call him, Joe, even though that is not his real name). Joe stands beside me for awhile... and just stands there. Watching me. I shrug and wait for him to say hello, or what he wants.

I continue to chop away at the Flax Plants near NT. I'm a Lv11 Cleric, Lv11 Warrior. He's.. a Rating 25, Lv16 (I think?) cleric with some sort of glowing staff. next thing I know, he sends me a party invite. I blink and shrug, and accept. I say "Hello?" in Group chat... but he stays silent, and says nothing.

So I shrug again, and continue working.... 10, 20, 30 min comes back and he's still following me, so I'm thinking "what the heck!?" Well, after awhile he leaves.

Then I start doing Cleric Quests, and he does it again. This time, he follows me around while I quest. Confused beyond all heck, I let him stay in the party while I quest... of course, sacrificing any experience points I coulda made. He kills one monster here and there, but otherwise stands there and just... watches.... me..... I mean.. doing nothing. Just... watching me. He wasted 2-3 hours of his time... just... watching... me....

I'm like "dude, you've never seen a T1 levelling Outfitter and doing Lv1-10 cleric quests before?" geez....

Is there something people get out of staring at someone else while they work or something? Or was this an EI rep to observe me to make sure I'm not exploiting or something?

--Dhalin

You been tagged by a weirdo.

Default Actually

It most likely is a macroer, who has a setup, of attatching himself to the first person he sees. We had that happen a few months ago, player never said a word, when he invited us to group, and tagged along, but did nothing to fight. I dunno, but that is sure suspicious, and why anyone would want to play that way, is well beyond me.

I thought that too, but sometimes he'd run around aimlessly, like when I was crafting, he ran over to the other shed, stood in it a few moments, ran back over... he casted a buff or two, etc. Sometimes he would fight mobs, sometimes he wouldn't.

It seemed to be too... erratic... to be a macro or a bot. Usually a bot would follow as close as possible, and either never attack anything, or always attack the closest mob, or somesuch... unless now people are randomizing bots to make them act like humans? Who knows...

This could also be a joke from my OL GF, but I doubt it... I'll ask her if she knows this person.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Maybe it was a very young child.

I'd vote for this one. Not that I condone unsupervised playing by a young child.

Yeah, probably little bro got ahold of big bro's or daddy's charactor.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    Yeah, probably little bro got ahold of big bro's or daddy's charactor.
    My first thought as well.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

maybe a stalker oO :P

other way maybe he thought that by setup a macro that let his char follow other ones and make a group invitation, he can make some offline levels :P

Welcome to my world, I always have people staring at me wile I play. No idea why................

Jayne

That's pretty creepy. Only had that happen a few times but not to such an extent where the person follows me everywhere..

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Welcome to my world, I always have people staring at me wile I play. No idea why................

Jayne
    They are either in awe at your fighting style, or you're wearing special pants - or both

I never accept group invites from people who don't attempt to speak to me first...

In any game..period. I mean...common curtesy!

Now I"m feeling left out, noone watches me lairshape.....I"M WORTH WATCHING I SWEAR!!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Wow Snickel knows Jayne to well

Which just gave me a thought...I think I'll go kill some Aegis with my Maha gear tonight

Same thing happened to me last night. Doing construction, working the sandstone I must have gotten a good dozen group invites from a young saris. I sent him private messages, spoke to him in "say" and even tried emotes to get him to understand I was only crafting and was only smacking golems for the resources. I told him he would get no experience with a level 100 shaman but still he would follow me like a puppy and send me invites.

If he had some sort of macro going it was an odd one. He would pull a golem and kill it, run over and sit near me for a bit and then follow me to the stone station and cast a group health spell. He would change weapons and different pieces of his armor. And he would show up at the guild only connie I was unloading to and stand there like he was doing business. I have no idea what was going on with him so I just chalked it up to someone messing with me and blew him off.

~Graylina

And can someone tell me why I can not use the apostrophe and slash marks in here?

I don't know if that's the case here but it took me a while to figure out how to "talk" to someone in game. Just didn't know where to type, had to pull out the manual to figure out how to do that. It was very embarrasing. People were talking to me and giving me stuff and I didn't even know how to thank them. So I was a silent and probably strange behaving low level character too.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default have you ever watched a 10 year old play?

First thought I had when i read your post was "gee i hope my elfling didn't log in whilst i wasn't watching." The behavior is spot on for how she acted when i first created a toon for her. In fact, I didn't show her how to speak to people until she had been playing for a bit. And she is still not allowed to speak to anyone not on the guild and 'approved' list.
    Most likely it was just a young player.

I'd also guess very young, but possibly non-English speaking.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Im xtremely embarrassed , but after watchin this post go on so long i have to come out and admit that Im the one whos responsible here.... im afraid i was completely ikneebree8ted and couldnt remember what i was supposed to do ... just knew i was supposed to be followin someome home and at some point i finally found someone else (i had begun to think id never find my way to a town again (i had fergotten about recallin 2.)) ... and whatever else there was that happened, im afraid its gonna have to come out in the open through someone else's voice. this is only because the rest is a complete blurr/fog fer me. So again ... sorry bout causin all the drama .. im gonna take it easy for awhile , so u should be able to craft or hunt without lookin over yer shoulder. .. however.. if you do see someone behind you ... well ... i can guarentee you that it wont be me. admittedly the main reason for that is that im not sure if any of this ever really happened or not

Bhalzamon, that was really funny

Thread Information