Thread: Trying to log on with a free trial

Default Trying to log on with a free trial

Only thing is I can't get their code (ANY OF THEM!) to work. So do I give up this? i don't even think i can contact tech support for it? its not looking good for me to come back to this game

I heard somewhere that the free trial was temporarily suspended. I cant recall where I heard it though. *taps head*

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Default I read the same thing

Since EI officially posted, my info stands corrected.
    Last edited by Peaches; September 27th, 2006 at 09:26 PM.

Creating a trial account does seem to be broken now. I get an "The CD KEY [TUGALC] does not exist in the database. Please select a valid Code." when I attempt to create one. Maybe something was broken with the trial system and EI locked it to prevent any exploitation?
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    and that statement is NOT true.

http://www.istaria.com/
    I went to actually download it, and stopped at the point of the actual download, as I already have the game.
    Ummmm Peaches the problem is not downloading the client, the problem is entering the CD Key and playing the trial..............

Dee Dee Deeeee
    Bite the Kitty!!

Thank you Hal and Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    and that statement is NOT true.

http://www.istaria.com/
    I went to actually download it, and stopped at the point of the actual download, as I already have the game.
    Yes, downloading and installing is fine. I just can't get the CD key thing to work. annoying , and bad timing if they just broke it.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The free code is TULGALC, not TUGALC.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

After installation is complete, you must create a Free Trial account which is required to play the game. Your promotional code is TUGALC. This code is required when you create your trial account.

Hmmm which is it ... I guess trying both will tell us

I installed the game off the free trial page and

TUGALC (which defaults as promo code) did not work

TULGALC also did not work

something to the effect code not in database

I figured what the heck, take a peek at the game since it has been a bit since I last played. Oh well .. bargain bin shopping or wait until they reoffer it

The correct code is TULGAC. I created an account for my wife so she could try the game. The account created but she can not create a character now so is still not able to play.

The CD KEY [TULGAC] does not exist in the database. Please select a valid Code.

Still cann't make an account here..
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    Oh well .. bargain bin shopping or wait until they reoffer it
    Hmm, several times I've seen the packaged game around in bargain bins. If you ever find a Menards in your area, look in their electrical department (they have a software section), I know I've seen it on the software rack several times now for a steal. Which is bizzare since they are a hardware/home improovement store, they probably jsut pick up whatever else they can find at a "good" price and try to sell it at a small profit.

Default Can't create a character either

Quote Originally Posted by r3rutro
    The correct code is TULGAC. I created an account for my wife so she could try the game. The account created but she can not create a character now so is still not able to play.
    This is the same boat I'm in at this point. Trying to create a second account and this is as far as I can get.

As for account creation, I also recieved errors on the trial account creation page (it would always tell me the email addy and user name were already in the database and wouldn't let me continue), however if I closed the browser then tried to log in with the new email address and password, I was able to proceed. The next page I got told me I needed to add account billing information, which just logs me out of the system whenever I try any of the links. Like r3rutro, whenever I tried to create a new character, the page says the servers are currently under maintainence.

Frustraiting.

-Finn's Player

The customer service link says that if you cannot login to the support site and are having difficulty creating an account to email customer service @ [email protected].

Hope you get a resolution shortly and are able to try the game out.

"The account management/creation problems are linked to the billing issues. The suspension of the Free Trials is only temporary, until things are repaired. Right now, resolving these issues is our single highest priority."

Link http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...t=15300&page=4

So yes Peaches, you may need to edit your post above.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    Hmm, several times I've seen the packaged game around in bargain bins. If you ever find a Menards in your area, look in their electrical department (they have a software section), I know I've seen it on the software rack several times now for a steal. Which is bizzare since they are a hardware/home improovement store, they probably jsut pick up whatever else they can find at a "good" price and try to sell it at a small profit.
    I did that back in June this year. I was at least able to download the initial starting system.

However, when I went and entered the supplied code, It wouldn't allow it. Somthing about an invalid key.

At that time, I just went ahead and took the free trial.

Doesn't sound like even that is working at the present.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    Oh well .. bargain bin shopping or wait until they reoffer it
    I saw it on Overstock.com a day or 3 ago. Can't remember the price though.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information