Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiant Essence Backpack

Default Radiant Essence Backpack

On Order I have seen two of these level 100 Radiant Essence Backpacks - Please tell me how to get them or the form to make them.

The two on Order were purchased off the Aug connie.

How coudl be a t6 item on a connie? O_o I think a WM messed around.....

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

get this form on chaos and you'll be rich lol
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Thats what I would like to know too. Tantalyr and Mystif tried to get the form, no dice.Spoke to each npc in the outpostn out by old oaks. And they both meet the skill requirements for said form.

To be a bit more specific, a player by the name of "Kluck" placed several of these Radiant Leather backpacks (3400 bulk capacity) on the Order Aughundell consignor last week (alas, I was too late to purchase one). I've not seen Kluck about, so Mystif, Peaches and I put our heads together to try to figure out where this form might originate since it cannot be made with the Expert Leather Backpack form.

I stumbled across this from the July 5 patch notes: "Baltorris the Imperial Engineer has made a discovery beneath the Imperial Outpost for interested Tailors, Outfitters and Weavers." We deduced that the form must be a quest from this NPC, and further figured that since the form must be of the Master tier, a player would have to have 1200 Leatherworking to fetch it (the skill needed to make backpacks). Alas, after talking to Baltorris several times (not to mention all other NPC's in the outpost) we found no joy.

I had a conversation with Galcondo--a WM--about it a couple days ago, and he advised that he had sent a message to one of the devs/programmers about it. But I haven't heard back from Galcondo yet.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

The discovery was the master spool form, and it is broken but fixed on blight, or was internally, one of the two.
    Sure sounds like a WM doing things they shouldn't be with the radiant pack.

Default You assume too much

If a wm did this, they had every right to do so, irreguardless of what you say. Unless, of course, your the boss of the said wm? And for that matter, it seems that Chaos can get these forms? Yes, I understand the forms were suppose to have been gotten from the patch, but the second patch from blight never made it to us, so how can Chaos get it then? And, furthermore, why is it bad for a wm to get the forms to folks, IF they can?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    If a wm did this, they had every right to do so, irreguardless of what you say. Unless, of course, your the boss of the said wm? And for that matter, it seems that Chaos can get these forms? Yes, I understand the forms were suppose to have been gotten from the patch, but the second patch from blight never made it to us, so how can Chaos get it then? And, furthermore, why is it bad for a wm to get the forms to folks, IF they can?

wrong Peaches.

First off if it was a World Master this was an ill timed experiment. It reaks of favoritism to release a form to one person and not the other. Remember the darkstaff incident ? This game was rocked once before due to developer inappropriate behaivor. Unless you believe its ok for a WM to go around releasing things to their friends and not allow it to be had by other players ? its called a conflict of interest. I would say the level 100 backpack to be one of the most sought after T6 forms in the game.

But no one knows how this form became available do we ? We do not know if it was a WM or if it was a player that exploited a mechanic in the game to get the form. If it was a WM then I would say they made a mistake doing this on a live server. Should have been done on Blight.

Another question is thus, do we know who bought the backpacks in question ? Was the error realized and then removed by CS ?? Mistakes can be forgiven. But if this form was released to a friend of a WM or GM type than we have a serious problem. As said though there are not enough facts available at this time to say one way or the other.

i actually like this. a WM putting useful T6 stuff on consignment. please oh please do that to all items!

Default IF a wm brought this ingame

I would believe that it was done to get something that SHOULD have been in game from the initial patch. Anyone can cry favortism, doesn't mean that is what is happening.

The point is to get into the game, something that SHOULD have been ingame, if it weren't so bugged from the initial patch.

*shrugs*

I would be the last person to cry favortism.

No craftable t6 equipment is in game that I can see, so how exactly should it have been in game, other than just in your mind?

Default Two bags were on a connie

Was not in our minds. Two lucky folks managed to get them. *shrugs*

I would believe that it was done to get something that SHOULD have been in game from the initial patch. Anyone can cry favortism, doesn't mean that is what is happening.

The point is to get into the game, something that SHOULD have been ingame, if it weren't so bugged from the initial patch.

*shrugs*

The POSSIBLE favortism was to the maker of the Backpacks, not the ones that purchased the Backpacks off the connie.

*shrugs*

This was not the purpose of the Event it was for T6 spools not T6 backpacks. there for it SHOULD NOT have happened.

Default Care to explain

what exactly this event was for?

I havent been on at night. ;(

It was the outpost build with the Imperial Lair that we built several months ago. When once the NPCs were popped the Dragon in the Liar gave Dragons Master Gem cutting and later Bipeds Master spools.

Now if a world master help a mini even recently to give out Master Backpack forms then something is wrong as one person or very few people heard about it and there for did not get to do the event. Where the form or back packs came from I have no clue. But the fact that they are there and in such small amounts is not a good thing.

Default Sure wish we had

our master forms for tailor, *which one lucky person got*, the fabric spool form, master of course, and the outfitter one. Just wish that patch that fixed the initial patch went live before the sale, Heh

I for one applaud the introduction of mysterious items in game. It adds to the mystery of game play, perhaps we have not seen it all and done it all just yet. The fact that it has appeared after EII took control makes me even more hopeful that the game will be progressed and will not stagnate.

So what that only a handful of players or even one gets the form?

I direct you to my post for bringing back rare items. http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15314
    From what I got out of the responses was rare items should be rare and old rare items should not be let back in game.

So folks, I ask do we want new content, even if it is rare? Or do we want only new content that every one gets and soon it becomes as common as snowballs.

“I love the smell of flamed Mimir in the morning. … It smells like… victory.”
    Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore. Apocalypse Now (mostly)

Default I agree

but, something like backpacks should not be rare. Its something that the high level crafters CAN use. *drools for an essence radiant backpack*

Rares should only apply to adventurers. That is something highly sought after. Adventurers thrive on such. They don't like static stuff that everyone can get.

For crafting, at least in HZ, rare craft items/materials have never been a popular notion. It's a different state of mind. Savvy?

Thread Information