Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiant Essence Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    Now, just who might have access to SimDoc? The world wonders...
    I had access on Genesis, the internal shard. Having any sort of SimDoc access on live is... bad. There is no undo. If I had access on live I'd have fixed those 800 or so crystals I did while I was in the offices that no one will ever see again. Right now all the work I did in that month is trapped on Genesis or Blight. Boo.

EI is free to look for any "adamb" accounts on access to the live shards if they doubt this.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Weeeeee!

What fun it is to ride along on yet another de-railed thread!

Point being, I don't care what happened in the past. I don't care who was interning who. And I really don't care who SimDoc'd who.

What I do care about is how I get me greedy lil Dryad hands on a backpack of this nature. It's more the how when what where that I care about. Is there more to it than meets the eye? Is EI sneaking stuff in on us? I hope so... much more fun for them to be sneaky than to announce every new little thing in patch notes.
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    Now, just who might have access to SimDoc? The world wonders...
    Legal access? Only EI employees and authorized personnel. These backpacks, or the form to create them, could only have come from someone with WM access. I think it would be in EI's best interests to be forthcoming about the issue before rampant speculation gets out of hand.

To put it bluntly, in order for any former Tulga personnel to have done this, they would have had to access SimDoc illegally. Insinuating that they did so, with no supporting evidence, demonstrates a reckless disregard for the truth. If a former Tulga employee's job search were to be adversly impacted by that insinuation in some way, that could be grounds for a claim of actual damages. Accusing anyone, including former Tulga personnel, of deliberate sabotage or unauthorized access to the game controls is a very risky thing to do.

I don't for a moment believe EI would do or condone anything improper, as that would only be hurting themselves in the long run, but doing nothing to correct unfounded rumors could create the appearance of impropriety. Even if EI did nothing wrong, it's one more little fire that EI has to put out and a needless waste of resources which could be better used maintaining and improving the game.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Laughing Otter

Who accused anyone of any legal issues here? Folks are just questioning, where the form came from.

Good lord, its not like anyone would be pressing charges here? I am stunned to say the least, over your post. Totally stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Who accused anyone of any legal issues here? Folks are just questioning, where the form came from.

Good lord, its not like anyone would be pressing charges here? I am stunned to say the least, over your post. Totally stunned.
    I think LO was more presenting what could happen should Kwinn's post be misread. When I read Kwinn's post, both possibilities (EI and Tulga) occurred to me. I just figured he meant the EI possibility and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Good lord, its not like anyone would be pressing charges here?
    Probably not. Libel is only a criminal charge in very unusual circumstances.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

EI just need to look the data base (if possible) and see who's stomping around with these illegal products. We already know some in existance from those purchased at the consigner.

Personally it won't start to bother me unless I see someone roaming by in teched out T6 armor. Personally I don't doubt some may have them.

Blatant favoritism is unethical and improper, but not illegal, and may even be permitted, depending on EI's internal policies.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Blatant favoritism is unethical and improper, but not illegal, and may even be permitted, depending on EI's internal policies.
    Umm, assuming for the sake of argument that an EI WM made the Radiant Leather backpacks (and we have no idea about that), how is placing several for sale on a public consignor "blatant favoritism?" *scratches head*
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Hey!!!! This is a game people.

Remember fun? Games = fun?

Now we see a chunk (not going to use content again) of game introduced, and we all yell favoritism!! No fair she/he got one give it to me too! If one gets something we should all get it. Bull! I have a Chest Scale of Vengeance, I thought and expressed that this form should be brought back. I was soundly thrashed that rare items should remain rare even if those items will soon disappear from Horizons.

Citizens arrest! Citizens arrest! Local and Federal laws must have been violated, because simcompack??? was used by an unauthorized individual.

Fact is we DON’T know who did it. Perhaps it was meant to be just a mystery, something to cause looking for a hidden NPC?

Maybe just maybe someone took the time to speak to a NPC for the 2nd or 3rd time and found a new quest.

Flame me I love it. You keep me young!

Easy way to find out, ask someone with one of these packs if its able to be deconned. If it is, then the formula exists to create it, as you cannot decon items that do not have an associated formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Umm, assuming for the sake of argument that an EI WM made the Radiant Leather backpacks (and we have no idea about that), how is placing several for sale on a public consignor "blatant favoritism?"
    Are they equally available to the residents of Chaos, Blight, and Unity? Will they be? Will all players have an equal oppertunity to try to obtain them?

No?

Favoritism.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Default We don't know that

and its soo easy to assume , isn't it? Henceforth, the thread was created to find out, or try to, not to bait them with untruths or hysterically cry that its favortism, etc. Give it time, ok? Time is always on everyones side.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Are they equally available to the residents of Chaos, Blight, and Unity? Will they be? Will all players have an equal oppertunity to try to obtain them?

No?

Favoritism.
    Yepper, we all know Order rules others drool. If it is an NPC get looking!

Why not go further since somehow, 2 packs from the Aug connie = favoritism. I say it's blasphemy.

Something to consider: It may not be an employee from the new company. It could be an ex-employee, trying to create a scene. It's very possible since we do have quite a few TG knob polishers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    Why not go further since somehow, 2 packs from the Aug connie = favoritism. I say it's blasphemy.

Something to consider: It may not be an employee from the new company. It could be an ex-employee, trying to create a scene. It's very possible since we do have quite a few TG knob polishers around.
    Philip, you are playing both sides of the fence here... pick a side.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phillip
    Rares should only apply to adventurers. That is something highly sought after. Adventurers thrive on such. They don't like static stuff that everyone can get.

For crafting, at least in HZ, rare craft items/materials have never been a popular notion. It's a different state of mind. Savvy?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    Crafters like rare items just as much as adventurers eg the exceptional greater crystal of holding, or the +7 speed crystal.

Rareness of the item isn't what's at issue here.

The equal opportunity for all to get said item is what's at issue.

I don't have the above holding crystal, some people do. Is it a problem? No - because I, too, have just as much opportunity of getting it as they did.
    I do have the +7 speed crystal, some others done't. But during the winter festival event, they had the same opportunity to get it as I did.

I agree. That is very good. You are in the minority then. I like you.

Default I somehow doubt it P

I am pretty sure that EI covered their bases on that matter. Let's not feed the overanxious folks on this ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip

I think it's stupidity you didn't got one j/k

This all is one big bunch of speculation right now, alot of fun, but still alot of it.

Still if it would be a case of having an NPC in game that would give this formula then I'm sure there would be more players finding this NPC and then this formula would already be giving off more backpacks.

People just like to brag about how great they are this is a fact of life.

Ofcourse if someone pulled these items of the connie they aren't going to step forward.

EI is sorting out other stuff and for the time being you would be the one walking around with the most wanted item on the server.

Incinuating one of Tulga's WM might have done this I find extremly insulting towards this WM because they always did a great job and until there would even come any evidence even mentioning it is wrong in my opinion.

You all know this doesn't have any priority because EI is way too busy sorting their billing problems which they find more important then the game.

Default Ahhh

but without billing, there would be no game! Billing is a priority, to keep the game going! How else can they pay their employees???

About the "favoritism" part of this thread:

What the posters that see this as Favoritism can be echoed in this manner:

If Order, Blight AND Unity had posts of "I FOUND THE EASTER EGG!!" and there were 2 packs per server, then this would classify as EI doing a little "planting of T6 products" for those lucky enough to have found them...

The problem here is... they were only found on Order, which makes those players on Chaos jilted and wonder if this is "favoritism" to that server alone.

It's not "favoritism" to a certain player as the item could have as easily been dropped into their inventory and not a Connie where everyone could have bought it. Even if the player was advised by a WM beforehand that the Radiant Essence pack would be on THIS connie, still someone else could have bought it before him/her.

There is no proof either way that this was planted, that there isn't a formula for pack available, or that this item was even crafted. Heck, as I posted before, this item may be a fake, with doctored photos

What people on the chaos shard would like to know is "why didn't our shard get 2 packs for lucky individuals?" or better yet... Unity.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information