Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hackers on Unity

Thumbs down Hackers on Unity

I just want to say my second account got hacked from a mate that is exploiting,botting,etc..i dont say names..i miss my 5 chars of my second account in guild,my 90x90 plot is sold to community somone knows how i can get back my account? because the email&password was getting changed?never saw such an idiot who hacks accounts

greetings thokk
    Adventure Classes many
    Craft Classes many
    Rating 200

Hacked by a mate?
    great mate...
    Never give your accountdata to anyone, even if it's a friend.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I don't fully understand what you mean by "hacked from a mate". Do you mean s/he misused your account info, cleared your characters and sold your plots? Or do you mean your friend got hacked and your info fell to hackers by that way?

As you mention botting and exploiting, I assume s/he is using some tools for that. In an unsurprising development, s/he must've downloaded a tool that had trojans and/or keyloggers (and who knows what else, maybe a full rootkit too) as a 'free extra' and got bitten to his/her *edited*. If that is the case, tell your friend to completely erase his/her hard drives if s/he wants to get rid of the malware. I could give more specific advice on malware removal, but as this is an exploiter we're talking about, "destory everything you have on your drives" is the only piece of advice I myself am willing to impart (and to be frank, malware removal info is relatively easy to come by).

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well,

my suggesstion would be to look finally a bit more about your sons actions. As you mentioned sometimes ago he was already able to get all your account data once before, had a let's say questionable behavior before and were dealing with a person which is well known for filthy things on Unity (formerly ice).

Joa

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi
    Hacked by a mate?
    great mate...
    I think the poor soul we're talking about in this case has no mates.....
    or has no mates left..

Start thinking about your life Mr. 'you know who'!
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Hacking means that someone got hold of your email AND somehow managed to break your password.

Abusing a mate's account is something else. In that case someone was naive enough to supply the necessary information himself.

Now you want your account back. Do you have any plans to make sure that the same thing does not happen again?

If indeed your account was abused, have you taken steps to notify GN? Just on the off-chance that someone reads a ticket that you sent in? Maybe you have more luck with it than I had.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Yop...not any response i never gave account datas to somone never botted with any chars...
    Adventure Classes many
    Craft Classes many
    Rating 200

thx for your statement, Joa

I agree to 100 %

And what else could be said, should not be said here

******** Thokk...

That is something I wont want anyone to experience...

I think GN should make an exception here... if they can.

greetz,
    Rhi
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

hey rhialto ) how are you long time no see you got any instant messenger so we can talk a lil bit...yup GN should do something
    Adventure Classes many
    Craft Classes many
    Rating 200

Can't say better than Joaqim.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

i believe i may have gotten my hands on one of the items u lost. i will return it to u if u can prove it that u r the owner by telling me what items u lost. if the item i have u miss i will give it back.

Well,

I don't know if it still works, but Arcat had a chance to lookup the previous owners of an item. No clue how it works but I may ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Well,

I don't know if it still works, but Arcat had a chance to lookup the previous owners of an item. No clue how it works but I may ask.
    Here's a rough and ready way of checking for yourself - have someone link to the item in a chat channel or through a tell while you have debug logging enabled. Click on the link in the chat to bring up the details of the item.

Now go into your chat log, look for the biote of the item linked to in the chat. Search for that biote in the debug logs, when you find the details for the item you will see information about the previous owner in amongst all the other information for the item.

If you are the owner of the item and you have it in your posession then you do not need to link to the item in chat, you can look for it directly in your debug logs.

Tzeal, is this for the entire item history? Or just the previous owner.. in which case Ssajit will see the seller (which he'd already know) and not the rightfull owner.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Not shure if it's a full unlimited history, but at least several pre-owners are listed there.

thanks for the tips guys i will give it a try today after maintanence. but now i have another problem. if thokk is the owner and his user name and password changed...how will he log in to get the item back?

Well just check the names listed, it was 2nd account of Thokk which was hacked (and deleted so you might just she the biote number in that case).

Good Tip, Tzael.

(If that would only work in RL!)

Oh and, Joa:
    Watching the picture in your Alias reminds me of Beleendas sudden Hairgrowth. Can you explain that one now - or was it also "hacked" (or should i say "planted"?) somehow?
    Last edited by HAG; November 2nd, 2006 at 02:11 PM.

Yes she managed to grow hair check :

Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Thread Information