Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Important news about Unity and Horizons in Europe

Default Important news about Unity and Horizons in Europe

Dear players,

this is an open message from Game Network, Digital Bros and EI Interactive, to all past and present European Community members.

As you all know the life of Horizons: Empire of Istaria hasn’t been easy since the day of its launch with a number of different problems that it had to face throughout the years, sometimes causing distress and issues for everyone. As you also know these problems were even further amplified for European users playing on Earth, Ice and Wind before and now on the merged shard of Unity, but we can assure you that nothing has been done with any intention to disrespect or damage you all. Game Network had no ability to control what was happening behind the scenes either with Artifact Entertainment or with Tulga Games. The most Game Network could do was sit by and hope for the best while forced to accept unpleasant situations in a painful silence to avoid possible legal consequences.

Throughout these tough times, Game Network has made every effort to improve the situation knowing that the community is one of the most important things for an MMO game and this is doubly true for Horizons: Empire of Istaria. Game Network has suffered huge financial losses through this process and considering the situation the company is not ready to commit further to the project.

This situation leaves Game Network with no further option than to discontinue the Unity shard Horizons service.

However the Unity shard will remain open for free indefinitely to everyone while we try to manage a painless closure. For all those players that still have active subscriptions, and especially subscriptions that will go further than the closing date (TBA), possible alternative solutions will be evaluated and will be communicated through a private e-mail from Game Network next week.

Game Network and EI Interactive wish to provide a smooth and costless transition for all of Unity’s players, including, upon your request, a pass of all your in-game information to EI Interactive. In an effort to maintain the community that you’ve spent years building, on the European shards, EI will be launching a new NA shard to be known as “Unitas”. Game Network and EI Interactive will work closely together to ensure that all European players who want to transfer to the new shard are able to do so as easily as possible.

For any further information you can contact us at [email protected] or [email protected], we will keep you updated throughout the process and post more news in the next days.

With our best Regards,

Game Network and Digital Bros
    E I Interactive

Default omg

omg, thx for the the message Luca, good luck to you and the rest of the team. Finally some (good) news.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Nice to keep the shard open till we can be moved, hope the ones who paid many monthes in advance can have a decent solution too !
    I am happy we are moved to be honest.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Thank you for you answer Luca

I'm shocked (shouldnt be but I am), but I am glad that I will be able to get my characters onto a US shard.

Would it be possible to have my characters on Chaos transferred onto the new Unitas server as well?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

While I'm glad to see this development, I have to ask if it wouldn't be easier for all concerned if the entire Unity database were transferred instead of just specific characters who request it?
    Once Unity is shut down, would a currently inactive Unity player be able to request a transfer?
    As I said, I do applaud this news; I'm just curious about the details.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Most awesome news

And I am sure lots will return to the game.

This is a sad day. Good to know a new shard will be opened for us however, I for one will give it a try; my Pevil is too near her Arop now to just give up. Thanks for the news Lucas

One important question: Since this is a brand new shard opened up for us, will it be so that we keep our excisting lairs/plots? - or do we have to go through the bidding process all over again?

Well there are 2 Questions for me....

1) will there be a complete DB copy or will for those who wish to move the datas that belong to their account be copied?
    2) What will EI do to support those that will/want/can not pay by CC if their own billing system is not running till then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles

1) will there be a complete DB copy or will for those who wish to move the datas that belong to their account be copied?
    2) What will EI do to support those that will/want/can not pay by CC if their own billing system is not running till then?
    From the original message I gather that transfer of characters from Unity to Unitas is only planned for players who requested it -- that does not sound like a complete database copy. But I have the hope that plot ownerships can also be kept -- at least since there is a new separate shard there would be no conflict of ownership like in a merge.

EII has stated that they intend to introduce the option of paying by PayPal some time after their billing problems will be resolved. It will be good to have a second option besides paying by credit card.

What is at the moment (I suppose) hard to fathom is when all this can take place. Lets just cross fingers that the waiting period will not be too long and Unity will be up for quite a long time, even without maintenance.

err by the way -- what kind of a name is 'Unitas'? Why go latin all of a sudden? I hope Unity players come up with a better name (hopefully it can be adopted).
    My entries would be 'Hope' or 'Faith'
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

things i want to know is will i lost all my staff i hardly collect those years or i can only transfer character with lvls and novian of plot???

i have too many things on plot space and really dont want to lost it

if i cant keep my hard collecting work i will stop playing

Well guys...

I wont go and transfer my character to Unitas until more progress in the game is made.. and as I understand only players requesting a transfer are transferred and not the player accounts that are not active.

Thinking a bit more about it... NOT transferring inactive player information is mandatory since your CC Billing info is private to GN.

I would not like to see EII had my CC info and starts billing me out of the blue.

R.I.P. Rhialto
    Last edited by Rhialto; September 29th, 2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Quote Originally Posted by Godly
    things i want to know is will i lost all my staff i hardly collect those years or i can only transfer character with lvls and novian of plot???

i have too many things on plot space and really dont want to lost it

if i cant keep my hard collecting work i will stop playing
    We are working towards a full transfer obviously, but considering this is something that has never been done before on Horizons precise information will be released only once a full detailed plan will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhialto
    Well guys...

I wont go and transfer my character to Unitas until more progress in the game is made.. and as I understand only players requesting a transfer are transferred and not the player accounts that are not active.

Thinking a bit more about it... NOT transferring inactive player information is mandatory since your CC Billing info is private to GN.

I would not like to see EII had my CC info and starts billing me out of the blue.

R.I.P. Rhialto
    Billing information are not part of the transfer for the simple reason that Game Network doesn't have access to them (they are used and stored if necessary solely by Bibit for payment purposes).

What will be transfered is account information (being personal data this can be done only following a specific request of each single user) and the in-game information related to eac specific account (how much of this information can be moved is not something that I know at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles

1) A fully copy can be done only for the game database, the account database contains personal data of the users and can't be transfered without their consent.

This does sound like good news for the Unity players!

But "Unitas?" EII have a bunch of Colts fans over there? I'll certainly admit Johnny is one of the, if not the greatest QB's ever, naming a Horizons server after him seems to be a odd tribute.

*shrugs, and off to look for something shiny*
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Question

Luca? what about hacked accounts? is it possible to get them back if you have Contact datas/Username/cd-key? because some idiot has stolen me my account...and what about the items that are missing on that account? and he also deleted 2 chars ( sorry wrong thread but otherwise luca won't look at it )
    Adventure Classes many
    Craft Classes many
    Rating 200

Hahaha! And when I try to reactivate my account, I get this message now: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

So no payment can be made.
    and the page is not available.
    So they do not really want us to migrate???
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    1) A fully copy can be done only for the game database, the account database contains personal data of the users and can't be transfered without their consent.
    MUAHA. Makes me laugh. How than it could happen to all accounts be copyed to NA ages ago? Our accounts are alraedy all over there. Only our game datas had been missing all the time.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Susan
    Hahaha! And when I try to reactivate my account, I get this message now: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

So no payment can be made.
    and the page is not available.
    So they do not really want us to migrate???
    The shard is open for free therefore payments are not needed and all the accounts are currently accessible without the need of any reactivation.

Thread Information