Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Important news about Unity and Horizons in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    The shard is open for free therefore payments are not needed and all the accounts are currently accessible without the need of any reactivation.
    But not at at the time of susans post. Got payment error on login a few hours ago. But you are right for the time after your post. looks open for all now.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Exclamation Luca,

Could we get that VERRRRRRRRRRRRY large big vault thing again?
    If we want to carry over our plot, we need to disconstruct it and then
    we dont have place for our items...
    THX
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Could we get that VERRRRRRRRRRRRY large big vault thing again?
    If we want to carry over our plot, we need to disconstruct it and then
    we dont have place for our items...
    THX
    This should be only an option if its not possible (by technical probs) to transfer the plot/char data by automation.
    But I wont preferr becaus this would be causing a fallback to the merge system, with plot tokens and then noone can be sure that he will get his own plot back.

(I dont beleve that the would code a new transfer system; who should do that.
    So I see only 2 options:
    • using the old merge system to generate tokens and remove all Items/plots into vault
    • transfering all account related game data via huge querys from Unity to Unitas (success depends on the structure)
    )

Luca, what will happen to all those buildings that we had (re-)build over the years (bridges, mines..)
    will they be taken over or will it be like after merge that we have to tell a WM which ones were build so that they have to be rebuild by him?

thanx luca for answering
    so what i must do to my account with all stuff on plot, plot and everything i hard collecting all these years start transfering????

Quote Originally Posted by Godly
    thanx luca for answering
    so what i must do to my account with all stuff on plot, plot and everything i hard collecting all these years start transfering????
    No, you just have to wait for the whole transfer plan to be released in detail. As soon as there will be more news on this everything will be posted promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    Luca, what will happen to all those buildings that we had (re-)build over the years (bridges, mines..)
    will they be taken over or will it be like after merge that we have to tell a WM which ones were build so that they have to be rebuild by him?
    This is not something I know at the moment, but I guess they would be rebuilt at shard release if this new shard is going to be the "new Unity" (just a guess though, EI will be able to answer this once the plan for the transfer is set).

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    • using the old merge system to generate tokens and remove all Items/plots into vault
    • transfering all account related game data via huge querys from Unity to Unitas (success depends on the structure)
    Considering how many faults that system had and how many problems it caused (we have had to wait 12 different fix attempts before auctions would work properly) I honestly believe it won't be the first of the two options...

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    But not at at the time of susans post. Got payment error on login a few hours ago. But you are right for the time after your post. looks open for all now.
    Now it works, yes.
    Tonight there were errors because of no payment.
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Thx for this clear statement Luca and the good offer to save our characters (as I far as I understood).
    Although there had been some trouble in the past, when I resubscribed the service had been runing well and I had no problems at all.

I hope you or EI can provide us some more information about:

1. what kind of character data will be transfered?
    - Character?
    - Plots? (whole plots or only plot tokens, novians, etc?)
    - Items stored on plots?

2. will Unitas become a completely new server?

3. how will payment get handled in the future?
    - do we have to subscribe at EI? (as I understood from your posting, I guess we will have to because you don't have access to the data)
    - how about active subscribtions? Will they get canceled automatically or should I cancel my subscription now?

4. will there be some standard email form to send to you and EI to request a character transfer?

5. some more questions:
    - when do we have to send the request for transfer?
    - when will Unitas become active?
    - when will characters get transfered?
    - how long will the character transfer take?
    - how long will it be possible to decide for transfer (not as important for me because I will transfer asap, but maybe for my retired guild mates to come back)?

I hope you can answer the questions, perhaps make it some kind of FAQ and set the sticky tag for the thread.

Best regards,
    Sap

1. what kind of character data will be transfered?
    - Character? This should be a yes
    - Plots? (whole plots or only plot tokens, novians, etc?) No information about this yet
    - Items stored on plots? Same as above, we will let you know as soon as possible
    2. will Unitas become a completely new server? As far as I know it will be, but it will be as much as possible a continuation of the current Unity shard (again we will have more news later on)
    3. how will payment get handled in the future? EI will have to reply to this
    - do we have to subscribe at EI? (as I understood from your posting, I guess we will have to because you don't have access to the data) On player's request we will transfer account data so you will not have to register again there
    - how about active subscribtions? Will they get canceled automatically or should I cancel my subscription now? All automatic payments have been stopped already and the Unity shard is currently open for free
    4. will there be some standard email form to send to you and EI to request a character transfer? An exact procedure will be announced when the whole transfer plan is ready
    5. some more questions:
    - when do we have to send the request for transfer? As said above, this will be communicated as soon as possible
    - when will Unitas become active? EI will have to reply to this
    - when will characters get transfered? The transfer should happen when Unity will be taken down and at the same time the new shard will go live with the transferred data
    - how long will the character transfer take? We don't know yet, but I don't expect more than 1 day of downtime
    - how long will it be possible to decide for transfer (not as important for me because I will transfer asap, but maybe for my retired guild mates to come back)? We haven't decided this yet, but I guess it could be up to one month

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    - how long will it be possible to decide for transfer (not as important for me because I will transfer asap, but maybe for my retired guild mates to come back)? We haven't decided this yet, but I guess it could be up to one month
    I think its better to make it one year... I'm sure this news goes fast, but the last thing you should have is disappointed players who's account is removed... Why not just copy the entire db?
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Luca,

As an ex player of horizons i have a few question regarding this:

- Will ex players (who do not really follow the forums, and are currently not subscribed) be informed/warned of this descision to close unity and the start of the new server ?

- Are they also eligible to do a transfer if they so wiish to do so ?

-will explayers be informed (eg same mail as above?) of the final date that unity will close down ? So that those that wish can say a final goodbye to unity and the great community ?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    I think its better to make it one year... I'm sure this news goes fast, but the last thing you should have is disappointed players who's account is removed... Why not just copy the entire db?
    As explained account information and consequently personal information can be transfered for usage of another company only with the consent of each user.

In game information are useless if not linked to a game account.

The one month time was referred roughly to the gathering of users request, I personally see the whole transfer happening before the end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    Luca,

As an ex player of horizons i have a few question regarding this:

- Will ex players (who do not really follow the forums, and are currently not subscribed) be informed/warned of this descision to close unity and the start of the new server ?

- Are they also eligible to do a transfer if they so wiish to do so ?

-will explayers be informed (eg same mail as above?) of the final date that unity will close down ? So that those that wish can say a final goodbye to unity and the great community ?
    The answer is yes to all your questions, as soon as the detailed plan for the transfer is ready we are going to mail it to all the present and past users of Horizons in Europe.

/tries not to panic

Luca, could you please post a list of the steps a person must take to get their character transferred? If you need to do "step X" within a month's time, else risk losing the Unity characters, I really need to know now.

Do we need to "start up" the subscription again? Email somebody? Make a support ticket? What needs to be done?

(I have a level 44 miner on Unity, I really, really don't want to lose her!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    /tries not to panic

Luca, could you please post a list of the steps a person must take to get their character transferred? If you need to do "step X" within a month's time, else risk losing the Unity characters, I really need to know now.

Do we need to "start up" the subscription again? Email somebody? Make a support ticket? What needs to be done?

(I have a level 44 miner on Unity, I really, really don't want to lose her!)
    Keep calm, please

As Luca just posted, you will get an email, when the plans are finished and everything you need to do will be explained there, I am sure.

But I don't believe that you will need to have an active subscription, because currently you can even play for free on unity.
    You will need to subscribe with EI, when the transfer is done...

So keep an eye on the email account associated to the email you use to login and everything should be fine for you

You should think this is important enough to get stickied?
    or?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Unitas

Why not relocate the whole Unity server and rename it?.

The way I see it is that it would simply be a port change to connect and all the data , details, plots etc would be as they are now, maybe too simple but I believe it is the only way to keep all the players on Unity happy. Past and present!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Gorek
    Why not relocate the whole Unity server and rename it?.

The way I see it is that it would simply be a port change to connect and all the data , details, plots etc would be as they are now, maybe too simple but I believe it is the only way to keep all the players on Unity happy. Past and present!

Regards
    Seems to me that there is a legal issue with that.
    We the players have an agreement with GN and not with EI,
    GN cant transfer any information related to a account to EI without each accountholders accept.
    That does not only include account info but also information about
    characters plots and other things owned by each character on the account.

If that isnt the case then I have to agree with you.

So if it is possible to transfere the information about Unity the shard without the the account database, and GN have the legal right to do so why isnt it done that way.
    We the players still have to accept that GN transfers information about the account to EI.

@Luca, Care to comment on that ?

Thread Information