Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unitas NA Shard Player Input

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

Default Unitas NA Shard Player Input

The new NA shard “Unitas� is now very much in the serious planning mode. This thread is intended to begin a discussion and seek your thoughts about these plans. We will be posting regular updates, in this thread, as each phase of planning is completed.

What I see as very important is that all player build structures: e.a. walls, shops, plots should be transfered including with all characters and the content of their vaults.

When the server merge was done GN made the promise we wouldn't lose any of the structures build by us yet they never held on this promise.

There were many structures that were finished on all 3 servers which on Unity had to be redone so I see this as something very important.

I think that after the transfer is done players should be given the chance to cancel or reactivate their account. This would mean that once the transfer would be done all accounts would be inactive and would be activated by the players once they would fill in their info and decide to stay and play.

I would like to see the new Unitas be a direct copy of the old Unity shard, all accounts copied over, all plots copied over, all details the same as the last day of Unity, or the last but one day of Unity- just to allow people to go a bit wild on the very last day.
    What I also would like to see is a plot reclamation after (say) one month of the transfer taking place. Although I haven't logged in to Unity for several months and can't speak with any authority on the subject, I know one thing that used to bug me was all the empty or half built plots held by inactive accounts.

Regards

Els

www.divine-retribution.co.uk

Default My thoughts

Even though I am not a unity player, I understand that plots can be owned by each character on the same account, thus, I would like to see only one plot per account transferred over to the new shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Even though I am not a unity player, I understand that plots can be owned by each character on the same account, thus, I would like to see only one plot per account transferred over to the new shard.
    You understand wrongly. This was fixed a good while ago.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

This would be later fixed by adding sub accounts if there would still be cases like you are saying. I think what you are doing is really very wrong Peaches, very wrong.

Before giving comment it would be nice to know what the plans at this moment are. Which steps will be taken, what's the timeframe?

Further I'm with Elspeth about the direct copy. Really would like to keep my plot and the surroundings. And the big party at the last day )

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    This would be later fixed by adding sub accounts if there would still be cases like you are saying. I think what you are doing is really very wrong Peaches, very wrong.

Pray tell, how is what I asked so very wrong? And by what you say, IF an account was added on to an existing account, that took care of the problem. But what of those that didnt get an additional account? I can only go by what I read on the boards, and many unity players were angered about this and that it still continued. I am just asking that it be addressed is all. If its not a problem, then that is great, If it is a problem, then it can be addressed. Remember I , too, am a player and am entitled to my opinion as well. Thank you

EI something you might want to consider (if not already)

There are a number of players who have already moved from unity to one or more of the US shards. For example there are a good 15-20 ex-unity people on chaos (that I am aware of).

If the old unity characters are transferred to unitas, will an option be put in place to allow a one off copy to (or copy from) chaos to unitas so that all our characters can be on the one shard?

My example is I have 5 unity accounts and 2 chaos accounts, I would like to play on one shard. The current consensus from my guild is that we are going to stay on chaos as we have new characters, plots and we have new friends here. Therefore my preference would be to have my unity accounts copied onto chaos.

Can you please clarify whether this is going to be possible?

Thanks
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Multiple plot ownership on one account was indeed possible for a long time but as far as I remember it had been fixed several months ago while I still played on Unity. In that case, your question might be misunderstood as implying that some Unity players still found a way to circumvent that rule.

Unity players, even at the time of the multiple plot ownership for the most part knew of the 1 plot per account rule and though they were sad when that bug was fixed and they would have liked to convince GN to change that policy, are no exploiters.

I think that there is no question about it -- each shard should adhere to the same rules and the same rules will apply to Unitas (or whatever it shall be called), Chaos and Order.

To Nagafen:
    As for how that new shard should be:

1) transfer as much as possible -- characters, plots, built structures
    2) put the new shard on the same timeline as Order and Chaos -- each shard should have the same events at the same time.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default Once again

In that case, your question might be misunderstood as implying that some Unity players still found a way to circumvent that rule.

And this will be my final post on the matter, I did not say ANYONE found a way to circumvent the rule, my thoughts were legitimate. I made no accusations, whatsoever, and would never do that,. I just stated that I hoped the issue was fixed, period. Thank you for your input.

Default Thoughts about transfer

Ok.

I own two accounts and two plots.

I tried to change the emailadress of my second account. Now i cant access it any more. So i doubt that my second account will be copied, because i will not be able to allow the transfer of the data of the second account (as i understood the procedure the allowance would be necessary to copy the datas).

Maybe there will be a way to figure that out with GN, i wrote already a mail.

As i understand it at the moment the complete account will be transfered to Unitas (as the name is now). So with the copy of my main account with everything on it, i will be very happy.

Really important, as some others already said, will be the rebuild of the already rebuilded structures. As i dont see the people having the spirit to rebuild the stuff a third time, this really needs to be done. And as i know a Worldmaster will have to do it (as this was, what was said in the past).

Luca already said that the serversided data will be given to EII, so i hope it will be possible for you to see, what was already done. Maybe a rebuild will be unnecessary, because of the datas... I would hope so.

One last thought: I dont know if anybody has already thanked you (EII) for opening another server for us. It will cost money and work and be assured there are some of us around, who appreciate that a lot. So take a thank you from me.

Definately a full transfer of characters, plot information, vault / silo contents / consigner contents and world objects.

I for one would be happy for example the Unity shard to be taken off line at date 'X' .. The data copied to EI at that point and then the Unitas shard coming online upto several days later at the same point ... It would be like an extended maintenance occuring that allowed for the data to be moved from GN to EI.

First of all: My SINCERE THANKS to EII, for the efforts to save UNITY.
    And that our requests and suggestions have been heard.

I do not take that for granted.

And I shall gladly contribute what ever I can to make things work
    (e.g.: Mail to ex guildies,translate messages and posts into German, if it is required)

AND YES, there should be a "last-night- in- Europe- Party"

Any suggestions, friends?

at least another special pants hunt in the ED

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

I think Unitas should have something unique about it, or else shouldn't exist. (I say this because the population is so low on the other two servers.)

Either
    1) Give Unity players the identical plots/structures they had on Chaos or Order (or similar ones if those plots are already taken) (with character transfer.)

or

2) Make Unitas into the "Old World" Horizons, the way it was at launch. Maggots and brown wolves near Dalimond, Nerf Bat quest, pygmies and fire beetles near Dralk, tomb of Crankenspank, the Blade of Rending quest, these things should be brought back.
    Tier I and II materials should be brought back to Augdenhell's mines. The "volcano" mine near Kion should be re-installed.

I think having the "old world" would help retain many of the "returning" players who have been away for years. I, for one, want the old world back, and continue to be dissapointed with the new world.

Is this even possible to consider, Naggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    I think Unitas should have something unique about it, or else shouldn't exist. (I say this because the population is so low on the other two servers.)
    Unitas isn't created because the other servers are full or something, it's created to give the Unity players a chance to keep playing the game like they used to - their community, characters, plots etc. Unitas reason for existance is the death of Unity. A separate server with the chance just to "live on" is for a lot of people the only way to continue playing otherwise they just will quit together with Unity.

The uniqueness will be the total transfer, nice experiments with old worlds etc. are not wanted, at least not by me.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    Make Unitas into the "Old World" Horizons, the way it was at launch. Maggots and brown wolves near Dalimond, Nerf Bat quest, pygmies and fire beetles near Dralk, tomb of Crankenspank, the Blade of Rending quest, these things should be brought back.
    Tier I and II materials should be brought back to Augdenhell's mines. The "volcano" mine near Kion should be re-installed.

I think having the "old world" would help retain many of the "returning" players who have been away for years. I, for one, want the old world back, and continue to be dissapointed with the new world.

Is this even possible to consider, Naggy?
    You ask for something that is not currently possible. I am sure Nagafen can answer this however I felt obliged to point out that a) it is not currently possible nor will it be for a long time if tackled and b) you can say goodbye to the majority of the remaining Unity playerbase. Sure a small handful lost compared to what might be gained you may retort; is the investment of time and resources (most notably skilled labour) truly worth it ?

With regards to the original topic posed by Nagafen, I am still considering what input I can offer whilst not having a real grasp on specific points that input is sought on. What aspect of EI's plans for Unity should we direct our input towards ?

I would suggest making the shard up to date with the Order and Chaos and a complete transfer of characters, inventory and plots.

I understandthere are legal issues with actually copying over account info, you would need permission from each and very player for that.

Perhaps you can make it so that ONLY characters, email adress and password are copied over.
    Then if someone who was not aware of the situation tries logging on in the future would get a page explaining the situation and be prompted to once again fill out the account page.
    Would require quite a bit of extra work I imagine, but probably worrth it.

After all, when news gets out that GN is no longer in charge these folks may be tempted to play HZ again in half a year or so.
    If they discover their characters no longer exist they may decide to not even bother starting over.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Char data and plot/lair OWNERSHIP is the most important for me. Rebuilding would be a drag, yes, but I don't want to go through the bidding process again. Also, PLEASE leave the lava tunnel opened up!!!

Thread Information