Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unitas NA Shard Player Input

First of all a big thank you to EII for setting up a new server to save unity.

Nagafen when will we know these plans, or at least the first phase so we can give our input?

As to the transfer I feel that for any player that requests the move, all items for characters on their account/s should be copied over to the new shard, this must include plots owned, buildings on plots, all items in buildings on plots, all items in characters vault and inventory plus all info such as all quests done.

If possible all players built structures such as workshops, bridges; walls etc would be a bonus if they could be transferred.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

I very much love to see a chance to get my beloved Ivy back to some world that is not dead However, I would like to see the oportunity to decide where I want to go and not default to unitas.

Right now, so much time has passed that our old unity community has crumbled. Many went to chaos or order to start new existances there and to join new communities. It really was a hard decision back then, but me and several others decided to do it and found a new home on other servers.

Please dont tear us from our new families again Give us a chance to decide where to go

My thoughts:

1. a copy of all structures is necessary!! Please make it possible... You need not only to copy the structures on plots owned by players, who transfer, but also world structures and even structures on plots of player who don't transfer... just all structures need to be copied.

2. I have an account on the NA shards already, it uses the same email adress for login as my first GN account, can I have them both merged into one account? Or can there be any conflicts?
    Also I have a second GN account, can I merge that one, too, into the first one... as I understand the system on the NA shards that would enable me to pay two subscriptions but play each two chars I want simultaneously, is that correct?
    I would really like to do that
    You need to give me some input on that, please..

yes, thats correct about the 2 keys, I have two subscriptions on my account and, unlike Unity, I can at the same time play any two of the up to 10 characters.

Regards

Els

Well, my wish #1 is:

Please be carefully when transfering data and please copy everything!!!

If everything is in place and works fine, then think about updating server version, plot reclamation, removing inactive accounts, etc..

But please don't do everything at the same time! No need to hurry.

Regards, Sap

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    2) Make Unitas into the "Old World" Horizons, the way it was at launch. Maggots and brown wolves near Dalimond, Nerf Bat quest, pygmies and fire beetles near Dralk, tomb of Crankenspank, the Blade of Rending quest, these things should be brought back.
    Tier I and II materials should be brought back to Augdenhell's mines. The "volcano" mine near Kion should be re-installed.
    Hmm, if the old world returns, there would be no challange any more. Even now a lot of this sinmple t5 or t6 mobs are "weak" compared to a multi classed rating 100 + x char.
    The only mobs I really would like to meat again have been the AoP's with their hordes, but the rest of them is much to weak.

So I don't think this is a good idea.

Regards, Sap

Quote Originally Posted by saphosar
    Hmm, if the old world returns, there would be no challange any more. Even now a lot of this sinmple t5 or t6 mobs are "weak" compared to a multi classed rating 100 + x char.
    The only mobs I really would like to meat again have been the AoP's with their hordes, but the rest of them is much to weak.

Regards, Sap
    All I'm talking about is the geography, and the return of some low-lvl mobs to the "main" cities. (Because the areas where the low-lvl mobs used to be are now completely empty.) The new mobs can be in the "old" world, I think that is good. My main emphasis is on the geography, and regaining some of what was lost.

First thank you for saving unity.
    That said please save as much as possible,i`m sure that dosn,t come as a surprise
    Regarding changing the world i assume that would come under future HZ changes,but i agree with pre comments....the world feels wrong having a unreal progressing of tier,s accross a world....it should be geographical..ie wilder places should have more danger.Also why do nearly all the guild sites have no resourses near them.
    One of the things that made me leave WOW(sorry to mention name)was the zones of levels.....i think you should be in danger when away from a town.
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by saphosar

Regards, Sap
    I agree with what you say but isn,t this a failing with the game as a whole ie allowing multi level 100 in Adv and craft....2 in each should be a max...just look at the lack of commerce and Adv being to strong...
    Having a level 100 cap is unother problem what do you do with high level content.....i think EVE got it right on levels(or close)...maybe wrong thread to discuss this...but yes just bringing old world back won,t work..needs changing
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

First of All - THANK YOU for opening up an extra-server for us!

But please, reconsider the naming. Unitas does not sound good to my ears and anyway - why not keep "Unity"? (Does GN have any rights on that name?)

More input:

- Get (/buy) the harddrive with our data from GN, so you can be sure you have ALL of our data. Then copy ALL contained data on new harddrive. This way even former players that didn't get knowledge of the transfer might start again with their old accounts.

- Don't rush! Ok, so far you afterall didn't seem to rush anything , but please don't crash this project by trying to please the impatient ones.

- Give us the chance to party on the last day as if the world would end.
    (i always wanted to merit 100+ DPs by trying to kill valkor with my bare hands)

Quote Originally Posted by HAG

But please, reconsider the naming. Unitas does not sound good to my ears and anyway - why not keep "Unity"? (Does GN have any rights on that name?)
    As stated somewhere, yes GN owns the name Unity, EI would need to purchase it of GN, if GN is willing to sell it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    As stated somewhere, yes GN owns the name Unity, EI would need to purchase it of GN, if GN is willing to sell it.
    EI wouldn't need to purchase anything, we surely don't have any copyright on the word Unity.

Furthermore, if we are working with EI to realize this transfer and already giving out for free all the game information, I honestly don't see why any money should be asked just for the name of the shard.

In the past too much rumour was created about who wanted money for this or didn't want to sell that (i.e. No one ever offered anything for our database and we never offered it to anyone), so we don't need anymore of this. Don't follow rumours and just stick to official statements, that would help both you and us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    Don't follow rumours
    If so the world in general would be a better place ...

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    EI wouldn't need to purchase anything, we surely don't have any copyright on the word Unity.

Furthermore, if we are working with EI to realize this transfer and already giving out for free all the game information, I honestly don't see why any money should be asked just for the name of the shard.
    Hi Luca,

Thankyou for that clarification. The original implication that the name Unity was not available had stemmed from a statement by EI, it is good to see that there is every possibility that we might retain our existing shard name which would be good for the moral of the playerbase Unity supports.

Default Bravo !

*Pokes EII* Hear that? You can use our "old" name for the new shard!

(As a reminder: we already had to get used to Unity, as we were merged from Earth, Ice and Wind)

I would like that all the data (World structures, Player data, Account, Plots, Lairs, etc.) get copyed over to NA. Also a small renaming Unitas another name would be nice perhaps.
    Also a small technical problem can turn up,
    A time ago there was a account dump from Unity imported in the NA account database. Some players started to play at NA and canceled their account at Unity, if a new database dump comes over to NA does that effect the current characters that are on the same username (E-mail adres).
    Like lets say a player on Unity has 5 characters at Unity using the mail [email protected] and also has a account at NA whit the same mail adress and has 2 characters, is this going to be a problem for us, players?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitachio
    A time ago there was a account dump from Unity imported in the NA account database. Some players started to play at NA and canceled their account at Unity, if a new database dump comes over to NA does that effect the current characters that are on the same username (E-mail adres).
    Like lets say a player on Unity has 5 characters at Unity using the mail [email protected] and also has a account at NA whit the same mail adress and has 2 characters, is this going to be a problem for us, players?
    I hope they will be smart enough to figure out where an account merge is needed (this affects me too and when I figured out I already had an account automatically created in NA I used it to compare performance before returning to Unity).
    Maybe they can temporarily disable the max_chars/account limit to allow people deciding which char is going to be deleted.

I hope also they will wait some time before applying their data delete routines to get everything in place. To allow players to checkup the correct transfer and performance, maybe a 1-day trial/free account would be nice. Maybe this will make it easier for some more people to give Unitas a try.

Regards, Sap

Default Playerbase / installation-->ingame

One of the most important things (for me) is the playerbase.
    It should be easy to download the game (as European) and logon
    on the Unitas server. (as wel as the logon for other servers)

If i take a look as many of the other games:
    - Download the game
    - During the download you make an account, without bothering about keys/serials
    - First game-run is automatically after installation and starts a WORKING patcher.
    - After the patcher is done you get an in-game logon screen.
    - When you're logged on you can select your character on the server.
    - PLAY

If you compare this accessable-proces to the Horizons download-->ingame procedure we NEED the following improvements:

- Link to create account NA/EU should be clear for players.. so remove the old sh#t from the sites at first.
    - Try deleting the 'key-thing'.
    - After installation the patcher should start (the one in the horizons map).
    - Update the site-loging procedure one final time and then leave it for what it is. Focus on the patcher.
    - Old sites and information should be removed as possible, it drives new player nuts.
    - A nonsubscription forum, accessable through patcher/logon page, with direct link to 'installation help' . Players/forumposters in Horizons have proven willing to help. This gives them another thing to do beside moaning.

Currently I'm working on a dvd image with up-to-date installation and tips/links to the account creation with clearifications. It might be an idea to do such a thing and try distribute it.

Goodluck
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Something that came into my mind when I opened the login page and got the maintance page that didn't direct me to the unity login.

The question is: How about maintance times? The NA maintance time seems to be in the main play time in europe. Any plans to use a different schedule than for the old NA shards?

Regards, Sap

Royal, your idea sounds nice but I dont know for sure if it will be effective all in all.

And yes Saphosar, a clear schedule whit all the maintenance times etc would be a awsome idea =P

Just hope they can do the data dump from Unity to the new NA server first and after that they manage to get the accounts linked right. I'm guessing that that is the most important thing to be done first.

Thread Information