Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unitas NA Shard Player Input

Make transfer of inactive accounts possible (without billing information).
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Quote Originally Posted by Rhialto
    Make transfer of inactive accounts possible (without billing information).
    The user has to approve that GN may transfer his email adress which is his login, to EI.
    So without the acceptance of the transfer, GN is not allowed to copy that account.

I hope that they will not demand people to pay, if they are transferred.

But one can never hope that ALL accounts are transfered. The accounts of people who simply not care, won't be transfered

Ah, and Luca already said, that the transfer of billing information is impossible, because GN has no access to this information. (Bibit stores them if necessary)

I am so happy to see we are still alive!

*hugs the old red dragon*

Thank you, whoever made this possible!

Also transferring plots of inactive accounts would not make sense (even if it were possible) because (as I suppose) Unitas will have plot reclamation as usual; so those plots plots would soon get lost again.
    --> work for trash bin

Also transferring plots of inactive accounts would not make sense
    It would have indeed instead.
    Imagine spreading the good news we can hope for a future to our friends and they want come back.

It would be a cold shower if they would lose all, and would probably return playing their current game. Building up some plot was an epic effort most won't have the will to redo again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    Also transferring plots of inactive accounts would not make sense (even if it were possible) because (as I suppose) Unitas will have plot reclamation as usual; so those plots plots would soon get lost again.
    --> work for trash bin
    As far as I understood the progress of plot reclamation, the structures on the plot will still exist, if it is to be reclaimed.

If someone buys it, he can pull down the structures, sure, that's a good thing..
    But if noone buys a plot, then the structures will remain on the plot, altough it is owned by the community again.

At least that's how I understood it, maybe some NA Players can correct me, if I'm wrong. And after all, I think that's a good thing.

For an example: I wouldn't buy that plot Fabric Isle, way to far from a porter and not really big. And I think many other people think so (but I don't know ). So chances are, that no one will buy the plot and rebuild the cloth shop, and that would really suck, if one needs to do cotton work.
    But if plot reclamation works, like I understood it, then the structure, especially the cloth working shop, will remain when the plot is reclaimed.

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    It would have indeed instead.
    Imagine spreading the good news we can hope for a future to our friends and they want come back.

It would be a cold shower if they would lose all, and would probably return playing their current game. Building up some plot was an epic effort most won't have the will to redo again.
    they will get their chance together with all other when the transfer progress begins..
    those who don't ask for a transfer will have to realize that all datas of them will be removed and cannot be used anymore later.

And this is from a technical point of view a good thing because it reduces the danger that Unitas db will get blown up with dead data as Unity is.

I also can understand garf's point of view, Our guild owns north and south Balzar and only the north one is in the hand of an active account.
    If we would loose the south one, hundreds of unique items will get lost and also lots of strorage silos I mostly use for my alchemy support.

Well there's a nice idea in my had what to do with build up structures on plots that went back to sale to community, but that belongs into suggestion and I don't think EI would implement that in the near future cause its quite not simple.....

But all beside.. did we ran off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    they will get their chance together with all other when the transfer progress begins..
    Then lets just hope that when the time comes GN will email all those former Unity gamers who chose to cancel their accounts so that those players, too, will have a chance to give permission to the transfer.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Then lets just hope that when the time comes GN will email all those former Unity gamers who chose to cancel their accounts so that those players, too, will have a chance to give permission to the transfer.
    Exactly because most might not even be playing anymore. Or not be visiting these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    Exactly because most might not even be playing anymore. Or not be visiting these forums.
    What makes you think they would start playing again at Unitas?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi
    What makes you think they would start playing again at Unitas?
    I'd like to respond on this:
    - because the game greatly improved performance last years
    - because there are many new items to loot/find
    - because there are many new quests to do
    - because there are many new area's to explore
    - because there are many new mobs to slaughter

Thats why.

Horizons needs to clear his name.. this was why the expansion pack was so good.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Not to mention there is one thing that Horizons has that no other game has.......... Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    I'd like to respond on this:
    - because the game greatly improved performance last years
    - because there are many new items to loot/find
    - because there are many new quests to do
    - because there are many new area's to explore
    - because there are many new mobs to slaughter

Thats why.

Horizons needs to clear his name.. this was why the expansion pack was so good.

ok, but that's not something that happened overnight after the transfer (see it then believe it) to Unitas was announced. They could have returned already - what's SO different NOW?

And please spare me another sales talk. I'm already playing, like I did the last 2,5 years. Call me selfish but I don't see a point in making things more complicated just to give people who bailed out and didn't bother to return but will be maybe after the transfer the chance to pick up where they left - if they ever.

I know new and returning players are important but, and there is selfish me again, the interests of people who kept playing and kept the game alive till now should prevail above those of them who might return, sometime perhaps, who knows. The thread speaks of Player input, so that's people who play.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

without more (new) paying customers EI don't get money and we cannt play
    I think its great to focus on getting new players in this game. It makes me sad to play on an empty server.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

ok, but that's not something that happened overnight after the transfer (see it then believe it) to Unitas was announced. They could have returned already - what's SO different NOW?
    Believe it or not - MANY left because they couldn't stand the lack of service we Unitarians got from GN. So being hosted by a different company which - after severe initial problems - seems to get the service (and events) running, could bring some old players back.

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    Believe it or not - MANY left because they couldn't stand the lack of service we Unitarians got from GN. So being hosted by a different company which - after severe initial problems - seems to get the service (and events) running, could bring some old players back.
    áfter the severe initial problems - which are still here? or did I miss something? Still, if that's the reason, they can return NOW, so they are active players when the transfer happens...

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

áfter the severe initial problems - which are still here? or did I miss something? Still, if that's the reason, they can return NOW, so they are active players when the transfer happens...
    Well -- I for one cannot reactivate my former account on Unity (I am not sure under which of his many email addys bf originally set up the account and all I tried have failed so far), so my only chance would be if those emails were indeed sent out.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

yeah... they really need to send out these emails.
    And they really need to allow the transfer of "not payed" accounts.
    I hope the free playtime currently on unity is an indicator for that....

Many old people returned already

My old, old Sunuke mate is so wise.

I "left" the game because

- almost all my friends went to another game and asked me to join them

- I was bored because I had everything possibly achieved in the game for my main.

- The game kept crashing, lagging on a computer able to play other games at 100 frames per second, log in server not working etc. etc.

- I am an hell of a "community" player. When I kept seeing completely desert towns for months and I could not sell my spells any more because there were almost none left to buy them a lot of my fun of being "the merchant dragon" faded quickly.

In the mean time they changed the forums so that I could not log on them any more (and then of course removed the possibility to create new forum accounts).

I could not physically check the forums out. My email address was on a server whose domain is no longer, so I could not get the "unlock / registration URL mail" to log on here.

Furthermore after a while, my life became very busy. Working 14+ hours a day and be the guild master of a 168 people "almost" end game guild leaves little room to regularly check forums around.

It's by pure random chance that for some reason one day I have been able to create this forum account and even then, during the Tulga "era" I did not have a lot of reasons to check those forums regularly.
    What in other games happens in two months, takes 2 years here hence the rate of me checking posts here was very low.

And again, by pure random change I stumbled on those forums after months and read of the Unitas thing.

Like me, my friends too are not reading those forums for sure (they are locked out) and even if I tell them to check the game again they will take their time and would suck to pester someone for weeks just to have him return and find he lost all.

The return of people, if any, will be a long matter. It's hard to win the petrified idea that whatever Horizons related sucks and convince people back.

Quote for truth my oooooold (tall and fat!) Hag friend.

I so felt bad for Luca as I knew how he was / is mostly impotent before the AE / Tulga choices.

The lack of sales made probably extremely hard for GN to support any customer care so the guys had to step way down the service quality.

Regardless of it, players with long, unsolved issues (I won't list the lots with RoP / ARoP bugs that froze their character in a limbo) just quit.

Now, if only Horizons returned being "bearable" as a game again, I am sure several would come back, because despite the huge blah blahs of future games around, there's ONE game where you get those options like big crafting system, personal plots and so on.

Still, if that's the reason, they can return NOW, so they are active players when the transfer happens...
    Someone should tell them. After years the few who checked the forums and quit the game are now in other things and not thinking about Horizons any more.

Call me selfish but I don't see a point in making things more complicated just to give people who bailed out and didn't bother to return but will be maybe after the transfer the chance to pick up where they left
    There's bailing out and "waiting for better times" (which most good bye posts said).

I am still paying a yearly renewed subscription to support the game so that it has a chance to be worked on and improved.
    I want the same treatment you get, because I am exactly paying as good money and in 1 year in advance.

About making things more complicated: making a photocopy of Unity is the easier task than filtering people out.
    And I'd hate to see some plots (such the one of the BF of our Unity Queen (where's she gone :S) Daedra being not transferred, they were really nice to see or useful.

My own guild plot, made by me along with my long gone guild mates (all quit the game but one) would become a desert and it is full of enhanced shops and silos.

Many old people returned already
    Yep. And I'd like to see Rialtho back, even if just to transfer to the US server and then stop. Just in case one day the game becomes fun again.

And old Hag too of course.

And Daedra, Varangaard and the many others who made Horizons my beloved home. People, not pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient

There's bailing out and "waiting for better times" (which most good bye posts said).

I am still paying a yearly renewed subscription to support the game so that it has a chance to be worked on and improved.
    I want the same treatment you get, because I am exactly paying as good money and in 1 year in advance.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough though I find it hard to believe you could think that I was talking about people who pay their subscription. Off course if you have a paid account you should have the same treatment. paying = playing

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Thread Information