Thread: Agak -- the long awaited return to chaos

Smile Agak -- the long awaited return to chaos

Hell to all of you on Chaos. I have been away from the game for well over 2 yrs amd recently returned. I see that many things in the game are the same and at the same time different. Oddy enough since my return I seem to have the same glitchy problems as I did when i left the game 2 yrs ago. These mainly being that the game tends to get slower or even lock up after a few portaks, or that after using the in game mapa few time the performance seems to steadily decline. Yes I've heard the same old story its your computer or internet server, but i have to continualy reply that its not main due to the fact I have the most up-to-date computer money can buym certainy enough ram and a state-ofthe art graphics card as well as a speedy hard drive, add to this I have played many other MMROPG's and have never experienced the type of lag or lock ups this game seems to cause on my machine. All that aside I still very much love HZ and this is one reason even while away from the game I continued to visit, especialy duriing and fre periods that were available, and while I never realy got into playing dragons I realize some people mainly play HZ in order to play one. I think what gets me comming back is the crafting system, all other issues aside I have yet to come across another game that has as dynamic a crafting system. I also think that the community in general in this game is for the most part casual and friendly. I look forward to seeing you all as I live out my subscription for the next few months as we see where this game ends up going. I do hope that HZ is able to go on and be the fun place to craft as it has been in the past. wishing you all the best, and looking to harvest some nodes and share items

Hey Agak, glad to see you're back. I myself am slowly returning to the game. You started out on Twilight right? I think I had you make me a few spells here and there.
    Josiah Elvinhoard - Lvl 100 Ranger, Lvl 100 Scout, Lvl 100 Druid, Lvl 100 Healer and Lvl 100 Fletcher...

Agak What type of Video Card do you have and how much ram? I know ATI cards do not work well with this game and the normal consensus is 2 Gig of ram will help a lot with the slow do/memory leak. Other then that yes there are still problems but their are certain things that will help fix it. Also most people now agree and know that no a lot of it is not Internet or other lag but just the memory build up.

I know I've mentioned this before, but from things I have heard and watching some applications I have I have come to the realization that the reason that HZ slows down so much is the continuous accumulation of textures in memory due to the wide variety of textures players can cause to appear particularly in settlements.

In most games, the designers generally reuse the same textures in the same general area as much as possible to prevent problems like this, but in HZ it's not possible because they have no controll over it.

What happens is the video ram on your card fills up and overflows to standard slower RAM, then your PC has to access this slower memory to get at some of the textures. The only thing I can think of that might improove this problem other than furter optimizing the game, is to buy a video card with more memory on board.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    The only thing I can think of that might improove this problem other than furter optimizing the game, is to buy a video card with more memory on board.
    I guess Ill see how this works... as the Vid card I just installed has 1GB of mem on board... but I imagine it may not be too different from what I was seein before with me 128 MB card.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information