Thread: Plot merging

Default Plot merging

I would like to see how for an extra fee you could to merge plots together.

This would go up to a certain to be set size ofcourse.

There are still alot of little plots for sale and I have been looking at them thinking how amazing these places would look if you could buy the plots and merge them together into one big plot.

Hmmm...I seem to remember that TG was looking at merging some of the smaller plots, but they had the problem that all of the plots to be merged were free across all 4 shards. Wonder what became of that idea?

Regards
    Els

Better yet once EI gets a handle on how to do it they create some really huge plots. Anywhere from say about 150 x 150 to as much as 300 x 300. We're talking monstrous plots here with monstrous price tags. Of course they'd have to trot out the castle architecture to go with em. If this was to come pass I know I would be selling off both my 93 x 93s and scraping up every copper I could lay my mitts on to get one.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

I am all for merging the smaller plots, Morning Light is a ghost town. I believe no plot should be smaller than 50x50. I just wonder how hard it would be to actually do this? Or if you could own say 4 or so of the smaller lots and link them as one.

Just a wild idea..
    Instead of adjusting the plotsize, adjust the structure size, you only have to adjust the scale, it shouldn't be that hard? Then you could set like 3 different prizes to a a plot. The smaller the structure size -> the more structures you can put on a plot -> the higher the plot price. All the other things like functionality, storage capacity etc, needed resources to build should be the same.
    Should give an "interesting" view too.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Speaking of the old castle idea, I wonder how that would work... I mean, would it somehow be kind of like lairs are, where you can create the building and have to plan out it's innerds, and have to build the first floor all the way before starting the second adn second before third or what.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ankua Daru
    I am all for merging the smaller plots, Morning Light is a ghost town. I believe no plot should be smaller than 50x50. I just wonder how hard it would be to actually do this? Or if you could own say 4 or so of the smaller lots and link them as one.
    I have often thought how nice it would be if the smaller plots were merged or resized. It can actually be done live with the servers running, how do I know, well I was working on one of my first plots in Genevia and while recalling, collecting commodities and gating back the path shape changed and one of the plots was now 48x50 (used to be two 24x50 plots). I changed plots fast, was a good size for 256s.

Regards

Gorek

Actually I saw DB doing this not to long ago. He was doing the whole island. And was rounding the numbers for the sizes on other plot. All this on genesis. The editor was quite impressive

Default Plot merging

Long ago, or so it seems, Tulga was enlarging plots. They started in Genevia, then did old oaks, due to the event, it was a small reward of sorts to those that owned plots there. Perhaps, in time, the rest will be enlarged by ei as well.

The only problem with "Plot merging" are those with still a big bank roll on their multitude of accounts that don't already own a plot.

If they tried to breath life into dead cities, there are several other ways to do it. Why is Tishlar a ghost town? Answer: because there are NO resources around it for miles and miles. What good would buying even a large plot there accomplish?

Now, if all of a sudden, Gold, nickel, granite, iron, Oak, jasper, etc started jetting up around the town, there would be people out there to build up the plots with machines to help themselves or the community harvest the resources.

If you notice, most of the built up towns are near Tier IV and V resources (or any other useful resource). Even if you enlarged plots, let's say at Tishlar, no one would seriously purchase it, unless only to make it a silo / house farm for storage, and people with that much stuff don't need more plots anyway
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information