Thread: Just a thought...

Default Just a thought...

One thing i was wondering while i played tonight....with 1750 T&C skill nearly, I still miss some lvl 70-80 things quite a bit, such as lava golems etc. Just kinda thinkin that is weird...And the other thing...umm...Oh ya, I lost me disk.
    Sooo, i looksy on my map and it says its in the water at the very south eastern part on the map. Theres nothin in it, so i have no idea where to begin looking. Anyone got any ideas?

I don't know about the missing on attacks - though some mobs seem to be better at evading than others. We all miss at times, it's not that uncommon for my multistrike to only hit 3 out of 5 strikes for example.

As for your disk, it is most likely on an island on a seperate map from the main Istaria map - try looking at the isles of battle, new trismus, et cetera island maps, your disk is almost certainly on one of them.

Baffled by some lower tier mobs able to evade hits as well but perhaps its their high evasive rate. hehe just means a lengthen fight .

As for your disk Zachy :P think you're able to fly. Go South follow the disk arrow and check the distance between you and disk when you're up there.
    That's how a returning guildie found his disk. Good luck!
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

there is a certain chance for a critical miss, no matter how high your skill is...

it's just like there is a chance to hit, no matter how low the skills is and the how high the opponents evasion skills. That is why very low level mobs sometimes hit you for 0 damage.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Heck, with a 1300 primal, I missed a sandstone golem!!

It's all how the Random number generator feels about your character

Kismet, karma, fate, luck..... what ever you want to call it, when it happens though... "sucks to be you, ewe, yew, u"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

or maybe that big number is similar in function to my big numbers in power and flame? Power and flame numbers dont do a thing to help me hit, they increase damage. Focus helps me hit with more frequncy
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Flame should help you hit with flame spells, as well as focus...
    I think the chance for guaranteed hit is 2%, same for guaranteed miss; at least in my experience it's been something around there.

If you miss a good bit more than that, it's a question of dex/weapon skill for physical, focus/spell skill for a spell; some mobs can block or dodge in addition to evading; I'm not sure if any mobs can parry, though that is probably also the case in some situations.

In general, wolves and spiders are better at evading player attacks, but easier to evade in return. I'm not so sure about what mobs are good at magic evade, as I am melee primary.

Unrelated note.. I parried Fafnir's Scorch yesterday! I didn't know it was possible to stop, other than by running out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    Heck, with a 1300 primal, I missed a sandstone golem!!

It's all how the Random number generator feels about your character

Kismet, karma, fate, luck..... what ever you want to call it, when it happens though... "sucks to be you, ewe, yew, u"
    Justa, Primal skill simply permits you to scribe and use higher level spells (and for some odd reason increases the damage done with your Spiked Scales ability). It does not affect either the power or accuracy of dragon spells. Only Power and Focus affect those things.

Even with 1300 Focus I wouldn't be terribly shocked that one of your spells missed a Sandstone Golem. In Crossbowman mode with a triple-crystaled fine yew heavy crossbow, along with Crossbow teched and crystaled jewelry, I have right at 1250 Crossbow skill to go with my 1077 dexterity. And I still miss the occasional level 5 (and below) beastie.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Alright guys ty. *packs his bags for a long flight* *glumbles about stupid disk*

Thread Information