Thread: Relax, take a deep breath...

Default Relax, take a deep breath...

...the sale makes sense business-wise: IE got burned, got badmouthed and a bad repuration, now they can market Hz under a new name. Hasbro did the same thing after Grand Prix IV and Master of Orion 3, and changed to Atari...

the problem is that it is a (apparently) never ending cycle. company A dies and company B gets horizons. company A had promised X Y Z and we hear "give them time" then company B (eventually hopefully) says we will do A B C and we hear "give them time"

at the rate things are going we can forget anything ever happening

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Noone is saying "give them time" to this venture yet, not even them. Let's just wait a couple days and see what they say and who says it.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

<grins> you are "giving them time" already fox.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

pffft, giving them time just means (for me) focusing more on making mischief in game. i don't care who owns the game anymore, just wish the screaming about doom everytime a business move happens would stop.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    pffft, giving them time just means (for me) focusing more on making mischief in game. i don't care who owns the game anymore, just wish the screaming about doom everytime a business move happens would stop.
    Ya got my vote for that Awdz.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

I don't really care who owns the game either, but good God, I would like to see an update sometime within the next 10 years....

Or at least a hint that there's ANY sort of Progress whatsoever at all....

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium
    ...the sale makes sense business-wise: IE got burned, got badmouthed and a bad repuration, now they can market Hz under a new name. Hasbro did the same thing after Grand Prix IV and Master of Orion 3, and changed to Atari...
    irrelevent point.

If the same things continue that caused the earned reputation than the sale means nothing. But thats not why this change over happened.

Then why -did- it happen?

I haven't seen any posts by any EI staff that explains the changeover to PME, unless I missed it and you want to provide a link?

And no, I do not accept "say-so"s from non-EI or non-PME staff.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Then why -did- it happen?

I haven't seen any posts by any EI staff that explains the changeover to PME, unless I missed it and you want to provide a link?

And no, I do not accept "say-so"s from non-EI or non-PME staff.

--Dhalin
    its related to the rep that EII had yes. For more clues check how NV handles corps and its officers.

More so however someone probably wanted out. Notice a name missing from PME's about page ? This isn't rocket science and you can make a good guess at why this occured. The op of this thread was partly correct but not for the reasons he mentioned.

Of course when something like this happens one would expect something more than a bot posting about it. You would expect some kind of official on the board discussion on it.

Instead all we here is the sounds of crickets in an empty field. Speculation could all be thrown aside with some communication. But heck this isn't my business and they can run it as they see fit.

Yeah, Lack of Communication sucks.

Awhile back they got angry/annoyed/irritated at us for flaming, speculating, rumor-spreading, and the whole time, I was thinking "Um, Duh, what did you guys drop out of school or something?"

Its not rocket science. Any grown adult should be able to realize that some good old-fashioned Communication, which only takes 5 min per day, max to do, would put out 90% of the flames/rumors/speculations/damaging threads.

You cannot even begin to tell me that the EI people are SO busy, that they cannot take 5 freaking minutes to write ONE post per day, that tells us what they are doing, what they plan to do, and what they are capable of doing, blah blah blah.

It only takes 5 minutes per day to do, by 2-3 people, and most of the speculation and "lost" feelings would be gone.

Not. Freaking. Hard.

Sometimes, when browsing these forums, I feel like I'm browsing the FBI's internal forums or something, where everything is such a freaking top-secret tell no-one classified type thing.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium
    It was not a sale in the conventional sense. It was a transfer of ownership to a newly created Nevada corp with no tangible assets, or shares. Comparing actual established companies to this is like comparing apples to rat testes.

With that being said, and the lack of any communication at all from the new/old owners with anyone anywhere show the absolute and total dedication they have to seeing this game, and it's community last for an extended period of time. aka they don't give a flying (insert your favorite naughty words here) about any of us, they just care about our credit cards.

It all angers me... I loved this game like none other, and to see it, and the people here, tossed around like yesterday's used toilet paper, bothers me enough to post about it.
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

May I ask everyone to do what Awzd suggested? Not only is she a gnome (which certainly is a point in her favor), she is wise (unless she handles explosives, rumor has it).

While there is nothing we can do right now to force a change in game development or even a statement of the new owners, we can still do what we originally came for: Enjoy the game and channel our energy into gameplay.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Snickel for president! (Even if he's gnome and not a dragon - we don't blow ourselves up, we rip the mobs and other annoyances apart ). Don't fill the entire forum with the same complaints, this is starting to resemble wow forums way too much

Thread Information