Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality and Wishful Thinking

Default Reality and Wishful Thinking

Too many folks appear to be confusing reality with wishful thinking and speculation. Delving into the realm of reality finds some very interesting, cold, hard facts.

PME/EI now owns Hz. Fact

PME/EI has some manner of arrangement in place with HGI. Fact

David Bowman is out, gone, no longer involved, BYE!! Fact

Smeg, Amon, et. al. are gone. Fact

PME/EI is, at the very least, keeping the game running. Fact

PME/EI has had some problems with some accounts concerning billing. Fact

PME/EI has not had problems with other accounts concerning billing. Fact

PME/EI is under no obligation whatever to communicate with the player base in the Forums. Fact

TG wasn't exactly stellar with billing issues. Fact

TG implemented the aggro change, Group xp rules, Pawnbroker fiasco, Nadia fiasco, T6 resource fiasco. Fact

TG gutted several mob spawns, was fully capable of typonese(crystals come to mind here), and in general did not seem to care one jot what the playerbase thought of proposed changes. They went ahead and shoved them live over repeated and heated protests. Fact

Now let's look at wishful thinking:

The game would be better off under the old TG crew. Well, for those that can't read, scroll up to the entry about changes made to the game ands then chalk this up to Wishful Thinking

Bowman could have done better than PME/EI if allowed to buy the game. Hmmmm, he said recently in a chat on Order Server that he offered to put up his house. Does he have servers in his garage? How would he pay staff? Nupe, Wishful Thinking

Will PME/EI be getting any developement done any time soon? Wishful Thinking

So, fact vs Wishful thinking. Ya'll know the old saying...Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. All this wishing for what no longer exists and never will again is about the same as a handful of crap, it just doesn't smell as bad. But hey!, it's a free country, if some out there are so enamored of the previous Dev Staff then, by all means, go pursue them and their latest endevours with worshipful words. They ain't here nor is it likely they ever will be again.

On speculation...it's rampant. Why? I just have to laugh at those that say that because PME/EI says nothing speculation is all that's left. Are these folks so feebleminded that rampant baseless speculation is all they can think to do? I can easily think of at least one other venture for these folks to pursue. Go get yourselves hired on as Staff Writers for the National Enguirer. Your mindless blather will be APPRECIATED and highly praised by the readers of that fine publication. Your mindless blather here only serves to hasten to fall of this game by destroying what's left of the community.

On community...Once upon a time Hz had the very best community to be found bar none. There wasn't even a close second. Now? It's at best fragmented and at worst utterly devastated. We have the crowd that supports PME/EI as they are well aware that current ownership is indeed the salvation Hz has. Nobody is coming to the rescue that anyone can see. It's PME/EI or nobody. Then we have the crowd that support Hz but want it back in the hands of the previous Dev Team. Wishful thinking, now where did I read something about wishful thinking? There is a dedicated crowd that are hell-bent on seeing this game shut down. They are known to most and beneath contempt. Oh, and let's not forget the fence-sitters. This crowd is just sitting around waiting for something to happen one way or the other. I hope that fence doesn't rot out from underneath them.

So, what's the cure to this dilema? I don't know and at this point I just don't care anymore. I'm sick of the Forums and will be less and less visible here. This is my last post for a while, I don't even know if I will reply to those who reply to this post. I've also lost most of my interest in the game. That is primarily due to a sense of loss I feel toward the community. It ain't what it used to was, and was a big part of the game. A loss of that magnitude is difficult to overcome. I log in now more from force of habit than from any desire to play or visit the community. So I'd say my playing days are probably numbered as well. But, they say hope springs eternal, where there's life there's hope and all that good stuff. I have some hope for this game and it's one-time great community. While I retain that hope I'm still around from time to time. When that hope is gone, so am I.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Well said indeed Kwinn!

A strong dose of reality, as opposed to hurtful and unfounded speculation, is what we all need.

I'll stand arm-in-arm with you to start healing this once-great but now wounded community.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

TG gave Unity patches, EI/PME didn't . Fact

TG and EI/PME keep the silence about Unity and what happens with the server. Fact

The players of Unity still don't even know if the server will be tranfered or when the plug will be pulled. Fact

We still don't know if Unity is owned by Gn or now by EI/PME. Fact

Unity is still isolated from the NA Community and not involved in any events. Fact

Unity still suffers that it has been abadonned so long. Unity looses players by day. Fact

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*David Bowman is out, gone, no longer involved, BYE!! Fact

Do we know for certain who all the parties are in this new company ? As I recall they dont have to list them in NV, soooooooo I dont think we can call this one fact .. can we ?

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Well said indeed Kwinn!

A strong dose of reality, as opposed to hurtful and unfounded speculation, is what we all need.

I'll stand arm-in-arm with you to start healing this once-great but now wounded community.
    Well said. Horizons has elements that make it worth saving. To me, the best crafting, the best UI and the best people. Those who don't like it, they need to go elsewhere and stop whining, pleeeeeze, stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    TG gave Unity patches, EI/PME didn't . Fact
    Lol that's a good joke,
    it was TG who stopped giving patches to Unity/GN. fact

That was after TG/GN anounced stuff about transatlantic play. fact

As they had the data of the Unitarians, we all received and invite from TG to leave Unity and start over again on US server. fact

Online games with higher amount of paying players are selling better. fact

And I have to repeat: Unity need some words about it's future, or dates or whatever. FACT!

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

I'm sick today and wanna throw up. Fact

I can really understand you, Kwinn, and hope that you are strong enough, to keep yourself out of the forums... I wasn't ... I wanted to leave a few times, but always came back here...

Furthermore I really hope that you will feel a stronger sense of community in game... for me that is much better than in this forums, and I don't want to lose it...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Somehow, I don't think spewing hatred and venomous personal attacks at everyone who has a different opinion than you do is going to do anything to heal the community.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Please

Adhere to please observe the forum code of conduct, no personal attacks, no insults, no bashing, and more, if you need to , reread the board guidelines again.

Thank you

Amen brother Otter..

We dont agree about alot of things but on this I am 100% in agreement.

Spreading hatred and ill will at people who don't see things your way is why countries go to war. The communists did it in Russia and China, the nazi's did it in Germany... apartheid...

If you want to be well informed it's best to know all the opinions on a subject and debate the merits of those opinions based on facts.. Not just bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing else matters but what you believe because it's what you want to believe. Thats just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Somehow, I don't think spewing hatred and venomous personal attacks at everyone who has a different opinion than you do is going to do anything to heal the community.
    Hatred and venomous attacks? I didn't see any that warrant such strong adjectives.

All very good points Kwinn.

Those that love the game, know what they can do to keep it alive; those that love their special relationships with TG, well, we know what you ARE doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Lol that's a good joke,
    After GN stopped paying as the heard about selling rumors
    As they had the data of the Unitarians, we all received and invite from TG to leave Unity and start over again on US server. fact
    Not all, only those who were send with the DB part in the bginning of the buildup for transatlantic accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    After GN stopped paying as the heard about selling rumors
    That's rumor as well, not fact.

Not all, only those who were send with the DB part in the bginning of the buildup for transatlantic accounts
    Well all active acounts from back when they started with that, sry for not beeing precise

You're wrong about GN here.

GN payed all bills they got from TG, but sometime TG stopped sending bills and patches.

This information is from Luca, I know, some of you don't trust him, so I add that...
    Last edited by Garfonso; December 6th, 2006 at 10:33 AM.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Lol that's a good joke,
    Oh the thread is open again so i can post

You should read my post more carefully, i said we got patches vom tg that is true, and i said we never got under Ei patches that is also true, so where is the joke then?

Yeah and that invite was only for getting more players and so a better price for hz that they could sell it better. You and all others know that. Fact

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    A wise man once said that remaining silent and looking like a fool was far better than opening one's mouth and removing all doubt, know what I mean?
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    *David Bowman is out, gone, no longer involved, BYE!! Fact

Do we know for certain who all the parties are in this new company ? As I recall they dont have to list them in NV, soooooooo I dont think we can call this one fact .. can we ?
    yeah, we most certainly can.
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

It seems I broke the rules by making remarks about billing. For this I apologize and ask the Moderators to delete those remarks from my post. Thanks
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    You should read my post more carefully, i said we got patches vom tg that is true, and i said we never got under Ei patches that is also true, so where is the joke then?
    1. I haven't said that you are wrong with your fact at any point
    2. The joke is that it was at the time of TG when the mess started, which was left unmentioned. And well no server was patched till the time Eii...

Thread Information