Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: READ: Exploitation/Harassment

Default READ: Exploitation/Harassment

As of late, there has been widespread exploiting using various methods to prevent damage/aggro to be taken by a player and still allow said player to gain experience. Needless to say, this is having a detrimental effect to the game on many levels. Therefore, this post is to outline the offenses and subsequent punishments for these offenses.

Any character found to be engaged in combat with no loss of health occurring as result of using an exploit will be warned on the spot to stop and their character name and account will be noted as having received a warning. Second offense will result in a two week ban, and any subsequent offense will result in permanent ban.

Any character found to be placed in a position where aggro is negated and is in a group gaining experience will be warned on the spot to stop and their character name and account will be noted as having received a warning. Second offense will result in a two week ban, and any subsequent offense will result in permanent ban.

Any character suspected of using a third party macroing program to perform unattended complex movement, attacks, etc. will be approached in game by an administrator, and if no reply is sent within a reasonable amount a time, the player will have their character disconnected from the game and a warning will be sent via email. If the character reconnects and continues automation, the account will have a temporary ban placed until confirmation of the warning is received in the form of a reply to the warning email. In the event that the offending player’s email is no longer current, said player should make contact via the Trouble Ticket system with “Banned” in the subject line. Second offense will result in a two week ban, and any subsequent offense will result in permanent ban.

Any player involved in “griefing” through training monsters onto an individual/group to expunge them from a current hunting ground or any other reason will be subject to the same process of consequences as outlined above. The individual/group who was on the receiving end of the grief must submit any logs and/or screenshots via the ticketing system in order to substantiate the offense.

This is to serve as guidelines to players on what is not acceptable in the world of Horizons. This also does NOT limit the offenses to those listed above. The game management will deem what is and what isn’t acceptable at any time and the pattern of consequences will remain the same. In the event that an offending character is unreachable in game (I.E. does not respond within a reasonable amount of time) their character will be disconnected and the warning will be sent to the email associated with the account.

Further, this is not a repeal of the traditional Horizons policy of taking care of in-game problems in-game, that is, as a community. Therefore the community should be responsible for showing personal responsibility and respect for others by not participating in the outlined exploits and extending the common respect of telling a player who is participating in any form of exploiting to stop or they will be reported. This is your game, your world, and we who administer it are taking these steps because the problem has grown outside of the community’s influence, which is by far a positive one.
    Last edited by Galcondo; December 18th, 2006 at 09:39 PM.

What about all the people that gain unlimited craft levels through exploitation? That effects the economy more than powerleveling newbies.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

It's good to post that rules here so clearly and all the steps that will taken against anyone who breaks them...
    Then people know what not to do and what they'll have to face.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thumbs up

Thank you for these statements on anti-exploitation policy.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thank you very much for putting this in writing Galcondo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    What about all the people that gain unlimited craft levels through exploitation? That effects the economy more than powerleveling newbies.
    You're kidding right? There is no economy to effect as you well know
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

This is excellent news, and I hope we will see immediate investigation and appropriate sanctions against the chronic offenders.

Well done!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

About time! It's good that EI/PME has finally become aware of what has been going on and that they have created a policy. Let's see if they act on it.

Oh I know a few players on Chaos that won't be happy
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Heh. Only a few?

Also Kwinn I know there isn't an economy to speak of the but the crafting exploit are just as bad as the adventuring ones. Same thing, getting something for nothing and upsetting game balances. Although I do have to agree..the game has no real economy. Fighters get all the money and crafters don't unless they work on construction really.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka
    Heh. Only a few?

Also Kwinn I know there isn't an economy to speak of the but the crafting exploit are just as bad as the adventuring ones. Same thing, getting something for nothing and upsetting game balances. Although I do have to agree..the game has no real economy. Fighters get all the money and crafters don't unless they work on construction really.
    This is the first I've heard of a crafting exploit for gaining unlimited levels.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Nice news, I hope all that is said here will be done right on the spot immediately on all servers we are sick of seeing cheaters unpunished.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    This is the first I've heard of a crafting exploit for gaining unlimited levels.
    It's there. It has to do with a plot associated bug, and I'm aware of at least some folks who have used it, myself not included.

When I finally reach Master Craftswoman, it will be the long, hard 4 years of effort version of getting there.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Not sure what you guys mean, but just PL miner to 80 and then the rest is normally using all normal and wide available in game recourses.
    There is anotherone I tried, and thats not that massive (atleast not for me) as it sounds...
    I'm not sure players who love the game will use cheats/exploits at al or will ruin other's pleasure with it.
    This is why community should take care of some of those players.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

It appears that PME has fixed the crafting exploit, among the other "stealth" fixes they appear to have made over the past couple of months (and which have been noticed by a number of us).

Thanks muchly PME! That exploit was just nasty!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

If it was fixed mind sharing it with us that do not know it so we also can see how it was fixed.

Actually I tried to verify that exploit way before PME came along and never did get it to work. So no idea if it was only available to certain characters or some other criteria that not everyone had. But if its fixed great

Thanks for your attention to this.

This should probably be mentioned on the login site as well, to remove the excuse of "I didn't know of this rule because I don't read the forums."

Thumbs down ok

Not to complain but... what about hachling's that need to be led throw the dead lands to see Kaa and lem; not to menshen the Shadow dragon. t6 mobs now argo the lowest player in a party. I defend them, have gotten well at it to. they rarely take damage, they run as if they have wings, but they rarely take damage under my keep. Point is some quest need higher level players to help lower level Players like the Rop i am not that high in a bi-peding so i can not talk about them
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information