Thread: Error ID: 91 Connectivity Error

Default Error ID: 91 Connectivity Error

Anyone else getting this tonight. I've been getting disconnected alot. My cablemodem even reset once, so Im leaning towards my ISP or other internet problems.

EDIT: I've also noticed freezing for a few seconds when in combat sometimes too. happened to a few others in my group. might be a problems with the internet backbone.

Or my cablemodem is going bad.
    Last edited by Leviathan; December 20th, 2006 at 01:28 AM.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

I get booted so often I ask how long I'll be around when I do get logged in.

Bis Armida
    Eglanor
    Teren Armida
    Devonee Wingfighter
    Obsidian Order on Order

make a new window: /window lagwindow

You'll find your fps (if it doesn't change, use /fps), unack msg, and texmem.
    Unack msg is the one you're probably interested in. It is the number of outstanding messages from the server. Values of 0-2 are normal and pretty much invisible. Values above 5 indicate network issues, possibly on your end, possibly on the server end, possibly inbetween. Either way, it's a good indication that you shouldn't go and fight, unless you like dying. If the bar gets really long, you'll get disconnected around 21-24.

One way to diagnose this is to ask other people if they're getting the same kind of lag you're getting (and same kind of high unack count). The other is to go and ping a few places on the net and see what the packet loss and delay looks like. You want 30-60 pings, low, consistent numbers (like 100ms), and 0% packet loss.

Perhaps this warrants a tutorial.

Actually Steelclaw I have done packet analisys on the Horizons datastream and I didnt even know about those commands.. Would've been very handy. I'm sure if anyone were to try Horizons they would seriously appreciate knowing how to use those so they dont leave screaming in frustration as they get killed over and over by unseen latency issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw
    make a new window: /window lagwindow

You'll find your fps (if it doesn't change, use /fps), unack msg, and texmem.
    Unack msg is the one you're probably interested in. It is the number of outstanding messages from the server. Values of 0-2 are normal and pretty much invisible. Values above 5 indicate network issues, possibly on your end, possibly on the server end, possibly inbetween. Either way, it's a good indication that you shouldn't go and fight, unless you like dying. If the bar gets really long, you'll get disconnected around 21-24.

One way to diagnose this is to ask other people if they're getting the same kind of lag you're getting (and same kind of high unack count). The other is to go and ping a few places on the net and see what the packet loss and delay looks like. You want 30-60 pings, low, consistent numbers (like 100ms), and 0% packet loss.

Perhaps this warrants a tutorial.
    Wireless Satellite links (which some people play with) tends not to do better than 400ms or thereabouts, due to the distances the signal has to travel up to satellites and back, and they use Collision Avoidance, not Collision Detection, because they are wireless, which is not as efficient a method. So I would think that you could even get away with 400-600ms on the ping return times, although you probably wouldn't like the lag.

But my ping times are fine, and my fps has always been around 60-80 outside the cities. I keep a lagwindow open at all times. Textmem I don't pay too much attention, but I will keep an eye on it.

Either way, the problem appears to have temporarily resolved itself.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

*thinks of wired satelite connections* that would look just great... but you'd have to make them strong enough to survive all the planes that will crash into them

There are really people playing over satelite links??? Is that really true? *can't imagine that* And how do you geht 400ms on a satelite link? Mine was always 1-2s... Ok, maybe that was because of that stupid proxy...

I really can't imagine people playing over satelite links... hm..
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I played over Satellite for about a year, back in the day. Lowest latency I ever hit was in the 800ms range, typically in the 1-2 second range. I was surprised, since the game's net code handled that horrible connection wonderfully. However, back then I mostly crafted or fought Melee, so there wasn't as much of a concern with positioning or time delays.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Ok now this is what you call lag Im not sure if its Blights server or what.
    this was off a dsl connection:
    Stat Name="LastPacketsRecMs" Cur="12221853" Min="12221853" Max="12221853" Avg="12221853" />
    StatName="LastPacketsSntMs" Cur="4" Min="4" Max="4" Avg="4" />
    Im getting major lag going into the game and the forums, but on other sites I can get in ok.
    this evening i tried 3 different connections from dial up wireless and dsl and all the results are about the same , not looking for suggestions or ideas, just had to share this with you all.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

I didn't log into Order or Blight for ages, but I sometimes I get a major lag on the forums, too...

I thought that was a problem with my router or the transatlantic connection being overloaded... hm. Maybe there is a problem with their host?
    Could anyone from PME investigate this?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

ok this morning I keep getting 116's and error 11's this was funny:
    DEBUG TClient::CheckGlobalLoadStatus Still loading (no player creature)
    WARNING TNetLayer::Update Stuck in connection status CSTAT_REQUESTINGMANIFEST for 722 seconds.
    DEBUG TNetLayer::Logout Logging out from the server...
    DEBUG TNetLayer::Logout You are already logged out!
    and then this one:
    Number of Occurrences: 6
    Client Hostname: p2400
    Client IP Address: 192.168.0.1
    URL: /forum/showthread.php
    Site: community.istaria.com
    Server IP Address: 68.142.64.210
    Total Retrieval Time: 133328 msecs
    Network Portion: 10395 msecs
    Server Portion: 43135 msecs
    Initial delay in Server: 12768 msecs
    Load Estimate: 99 percent
    Last edited by MarshDog; December 21st, 2006 at 10:01 AM.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Thread Information