Thread: Horizons and British Gas

Default Horizons and British Gas

A friend was telling me the other day the reason British Gas's prices are so high in comparison to its new found competitiors in the British energy supply business is that, remarkably, it is cheaper for them the fewer customers they have. I think its due to subsidies, and the sheer volume of money they lose per customer, or some such.

Now I can't see how that's possible in the case of Horizons, but it is the only reason I can see for this complete disregard for its customers.

Nagafen - please explain the point of coming here being all chatty and asking lots of questions etc if you are then going to completely disappear, leaving the majority of them unanswered? In hindsight, it might've been better not to raise your head above the slowly growing parapit in the first place.

I set 10 minutes of my life aside to send this mesage - not one of your employees can stretch to the courtesy of telling an entire player base one single thing about what is happening to the game they love? You asked us a bunch of questions, we asked you bunch of questions, and off you went. Nice.

There is alot I wanted to do before the shut down, but we needed info before it happened - on plots, and on guild plots, especially. I can only presume you've decided - hows about telling us? And to not even give us a date - not even tell us the day before - beggars belief. One night I go to bed thinking its maintenance in the morning, and the next day the server goes down for four days (without warning) for the server to move - in fact the message on what was actually happening didn't even appear on the log-in screen for a few days. What on earth is that all about?

And there has been no email, nothing, about anything. This redefines poor customer service and I am absolutely gob-smacked - and thats coming from a cynical view about the game in the first place.

Hear hear!
    There are a lot of unanswered questions, will the birth of Unitas be a surprise too? And what can we expect? etc. etc.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

British Gas is the company in the UK of which the most complaints are received for the last few years, year after year...............

I agree 100% with algenon, except i have no clue about british gas company, french one is OK. Shame they did not even warned us.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

I hope they dont make the mistake of just activating billing for everybody that mailed their character names for the charactercount of possible transfers.

I mailed my character name for transfer but intend to stay INACTIVE!

I also received no email or anything while my deactivated account is unchanged and >>>I cant access it to delete my credit card info<<<
    so I cant make sure nobody can make the "mistake" of starting to bill me without my consent.
    It worries me that there is no communication at all on such a important issue as a server transfer!

So... to anyone reading this from EI;

>> Be sure to let the players activate a transfered account THEMSELVES!
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Quote Originally Posted by Rhialto
    I hope they dont make the mistake of just activating billing for everybody that mailed their character names for the charactercount of possible transfers.

>> Be sure to let the players activate a transfered account THEMSELVES!
    I seriously doubt if they cán activate the billing without given permission and even if they can I don't think they won't.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Rialtho I don't know in your country, but in mine you can instruct your bank and CC company to refuse payment to a specific person / company. You have to do it possibly in advance but you can.

GN stated, that they can't access any payment information on any account, because bibit saves them for them... so they can't transfer these information...

So everything should be quite save for you..

Another point: they didn't ask for character names or such things, than for the number of characters and accounts you want to transfer..
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Sorry for being a bit paranoid..

but after hearing all the billing issues and the cancelation issues I am actually scared of subscribing... or even being transfered.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

I don't think unity people need to worry... most problems are with multiple subscriptions in one account.. that's not possible on unity...

New Accounts with one subscription per account should work quite good..
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information