Thread: Part 2 of MMORPG.com's special report on Horizons

Default Part 2 of MMORPG.com's special report on Horizons

that thing reads like some serious editing was done to the final product. What is there now is something that was widely known already. You can logically conclude things were left out for legal reasons.

In the day and age of ambulance chasers and lawsuits at the drop of a hat it was probably why they editted it

who cares Horizons really isn't worth a special report anyway. The way things are going now niether does the current owner believe it as well.

“Given this, I would have to speculate that they are either unaware of the value of the forums as a resource for players, incapable of using the forum administration tools, or simply uncaring when it comes to the needs of the community.”

I opt for choice 3. Prove me wrong, PME.

All makes for reasonable reading material in my warped view of the world.

Seriously though, I applaud efforts by any establishment that seeks to ensure consumers are informed of the facts before they make a purchasing decision. I welcome all reviews of the companies behind the games because ultimately these 'behind the scene' reports give us more of the truth, and a lot less of the 'spin' we see in actual product reviews.

It's a nice read. Nothing sticks out as being overly alarmist or "bashing" as certain folks from this forum would say. The article is correct in that it is all a waiting game at this point. If PMI truly has the resources to do anything with what EI bought we can do nothing but wait for some kind of result.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

They push that "invulnarabilty" a bit too much... maybe that's because they couldn't find any other news to write... *shrugs*
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

heh I thought that it was odd the latest billing issue (PME's latest announcement and ensuing discussion of account management problems which are not fixed ) wasn't included ... perhaps the editorial was already written.
    I personally found that the 'invunerability' was not overstated... perhaps I am not easily frightened by such things either. *shrug* Old news in my book anyways.
    Looking to the future, it seems the writeup is just another reason to reopen forum registration so any potential customer reading the article could communicate questions to the playerbase regarding it.
    As of yet, there have been zero posts regarding information stolen in such a manner. I suppose such a thread would have been immediately deleted, but certainly somehow the information would have become known, in some fashion ~ at least on another board. As of date, I have heard nothing and I think it would be a good thing to have the potential to reassure future customers that in that regard, their information is not likely to be at risk.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thread Information