Thread: Everything up but the character

Default Everything up but the character

Good Morning,

Logged in this morning to see if the game was up and found that everything loaded from my character preferences to the sky graphics. I could pull up menues and use hotkeys, I could even recall.

However, the one thing that did not appear was my character. I tried loading my main character, I tried loading a second one and neither showed.

I had success the previous night loading on to Order and again all loaded, including my character on Order again this morning.

As I am able to load on another server, I was wondering if this is more widespread than just my computer and how to fix it.

Thank you for your time
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

It is kinda strange I tried loading "Conquest" into chaos w/o much luck also, I have been having the same issues on blight for the last several weeks,
    I usually just watch my /window lag window at the unackmsg or something like that till it gets to less then 20, i also monitor incoming packets and i can watch then fall to zero i just log out and back in eventually after monking around for an hour or 2 i can get someone logged in.
    I also had more luck loading less "complex" alts in like Elek has every adv and every craft school he takes a long time but an alt that only has maby 6 adv and 5 craft schools got in much faster on Blight at any rate.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

I was having that problem yesterday before the restart. This morning it was working though. I was told yesterday to let it sit for like 20 minutes and eventually it would load, but no luck

Maybe the restart didn't fix everything?

Just as an update:

Was able to get Annai visible again with the help and advice of Conquest/MarshDog.

After trying relogging, rebooting, recalling, turning things on and off, he made the suggestion to change name of world cache, to load game without full scan. I clicked on multithread and the other button from the launcher and was able to load all of the necessary information to see my toon and see other characters when in the game.

So, thank you to all those in MP that offered solutions while I underwent my 'shy' stage and thank you especially to MarshDog who just random telled me and ended up having the answer that I needed.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Weeee
    Mr Blight strikes again
    Glad I was able to help you out Annai.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Yep, one of the reasons players from blight are so important

Good job Marsh

Thread Information