Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember when?

Default Remember when?

We had anchors introduced, and had invisible anchors in the maple and on ironsilk island? Instant death those mobs were!

Remember when, the vielo were appropriately priced?

Remember when, we had so many data base issues, that maint partially fixed, but acted up again?

Remember when expert forms first came out and they sold for up to 5 gold per?

Do you remember your first newbie day?

Remember the grand events back in the day, that released more races?

Remember the lag infested events, where death was always certain, as noone could move around ?

Remember the dreadful damage done to the world we knew, when the merge took place?

In those days, we had the good and the bad, and we still have that today. We survived a lot of the past, to bring us to the present.

Share your memories!

I still remember my first newbie days..

But I don't remember all of the other things, because that was before my time and I never ever heard a word of HZ in that time... Yeah, shame on me.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Remember when:

Remember when we had a support system that someone actually tried to help people with issues.

Remember when we had communication with devs who, though they had faults, actually seemed to care about the health of the game and community.

Remember when we were seeing lots of new people around every day.

Remember when we were excited about new changes coming to the game. Could get mad about something we did not like and tell the devs about it and possibly have the change reversed.

Remember when we had recipie contests for the new confectioner changes coming up.

Remember when the Picture of the Day changed just about every day.

Remember when you could log in and expect to see a guild full of friends.

Remember when there was a development server with good people who put up with bugs and incomplete changes so that we on the live servers could have a better experience.

Remember when posts like this were not necessary.

Remember when Horizons seemed to have a bright future in front of it.

Remember when.....

Default Remember when?

We have had a rich history , and many times, whether these boards or the old tazoon boards, this was much discussed.

We all stuck together, those that stayed and still do, support Horizons.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches

We have had a rich history , and many times, whether these boards or the old tazoon boards, this was much discussed.

We all stuck together, those that stayed and still do, support Horizons.
    I'ma bit confused....what does this statement mean? I dont know anything about the tazoon boards, but on this board, I have read several arguments..many times verging on bitterness. Much of it pre sale.

I remember a time when this board was very active, and not nearly dead.
    I hope this is not a reflection of the status of the game.

I remember a time when this board was full of discussion about new and upcoming features.
    I hope the game will once again be patched with new and upcoming features.

I remember my different guilds and all my friends I made learning about this new world.
    I hope one day to see all these lost friends log back in again.

I remember bugs and nerfs made to the game that drove so many away.
    I hope neglect won't do even more damage.

I remember the excitement of new world events, and the sense of comraderie such events inspired.
    I hope such inspiration is not lost.

I remember New Player Chat being full of new players, and all the fun, interesting discussion that would go on there.
    I hope that one day, NPC will have as many, and more, new players again.

I remember thinking this was the only game I cared to ever play.
    I hope that things will change so I won't stop caring.

I agree Peaches, as far as rich history goes, I remember so many things, have so many good memories. I hope to make more. I hope the new owners will do something with this game so that I can.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Remember when we'd argue about "nerfs", "the economy" and the size of ancient dragons?

Remember when we'd complain about threads being moved to the rants section instead of being edited or closed?

Remember when people could register for a forum account?

Remember when we disagreed with the devs' decisions, but knew there was a good future for Horizons?

Remember when we dreamed about the future and not the past?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Remember when...
    Oh wait! I wasn't here then. But I'm enjoying making memories for the future.

Remember when people did not hijack every single thread with the same topic every time, no matter what the original one was? (And calling people stupid who get sick of that...)
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I remember when we had more player characters than non player characters in game.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Remember when you went to your first racial town and got completely lost trying to find where the resources were?
    Remember when you teleported into Dalimond only to find a werewolf attack going on and your fps were now fpm?
    Remember when there was blighted sandstone outside of Mahagra?
    Remember when there were two cedar forests outside Mahagra?
    Remember when the road to Harro meant sneaking past electric werewolves?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Remember when we had content patches?
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Thamoris
    I remember when we had more player characters than non player characters in game.
    Aye, and when 30 was the number of people in guild chat, not Marketplace + Dragon.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    Remember when people did not hijack every single thread with the same topic every time, no matter what the original one was? (And calling people stupid who get sick of that...)
    Link please of where someone called you "stupid"? o.O
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Remember when the AOP had a huge train of mobs trailing behind him out of Morning Light, and sometimes you could stand off the road for 5 minutes waiting for them all to pass....only to find that you were lagged, and run into the laggards

Great memories :

Remember instant death upon teleporting to Harrro because of the AoP ?
    Remember when my dragon grew big enough I would kill him everytime i d see him to make him pay
    Remember my first "attack" on ED as level 20 sneaking all the way to the edge of the world
    Remember the sight of the first adult you saw ?
    Remember RoP
    Remember my 1st lvl 100 as biped ( ICED )
    Remember underwear attacks on the pickle and the Crimson Scourge
    Remember fighting in the spiral WD
    Remember the 1st time you saw Dark Cyclone
    Remember guild meetings with 20 people
    Remember stacking MC 2+3 for THE hit

Memories I d like to see again happen

Remember events ?
    Remember patches ?
    Remember people in game ?
    Remember an active Market ?
    Remember when 30+ people would gather for a named kill ?

Memories i d never like to see again

People camping vielos buying all the good crystals so the others could not get them
    People camping Scabreia etc... to get as many BHMs they could
    People selling spells for 100s+ because they were the only one to have the formula
    People exploiting the blacksmith trainer gathering hundreds of gold with no punishment
    People camping AFK macroing
    Dedicated players getting banned from server by others in need of attention
    Bad arguing over loots and random for SoG when he started giving collectables
    Me deleting my armor/crystals/weapons by mistake ( i am a MASTER deleter )
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

remember when you found you had a bind to a racial town that suddenly was under attack and the first thing you read when you ported in was 'incoming....' and WHAM you were on your back... and wondered whether it would make any sense to recall...?

remember when you ported into Harro, found the first dead guard and went 'uh oh' and sure enough the Avatar of Pain was stumping right across the town?

remember when you deleted your cargo disk by mistake?

remember when you forgot where you put that darn disk in the first place?

remember when you popped your very first structure?

remember when you built a community structure and dragons were flying in with resources from all directions and jockeyed for a place in line to deliver to the biped who put the units?

remember when you had set your heart on a specific plot and gathered money like crazy to buy it before anyone else would notice that this plot would be the very best in all Istaria....?

Plenty of memories I wouldn't want to have missed
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Remember the vegetable fields outside Sslanis?

Remember the undead encampments that are now housing developments?

Remember when it was tough to get across Sslanis Basin because of all the straw blights?

Remember your first flight as a dragon?

Remember the first time you were able to make a color coordinated set of armor?

Remember the first time you jumped off one of the towers?

Remember your first visit to the castle in the Eastern Deadlands?

Remember the first time you fell off the side of the map?

I remember my first day-

little hatchie that I was- 10 minutes after I entered Istaria, I met
    THE dragon queen of Istaria- and had the privilege to be raised by her
    (ok- it was HARD- VERY hard- she did not make presents^^)
    Now we are companions-we seldom agree, argue most of the time
    and will never part-*gives TAKORA a hearty thump *

Now, seriously:I remember so many good things, that I even do not try to count them all - I do not regret a single minute that I spent in this game
    though- sure there was trouble and anger, but looking back: It was nothing compared with the fun I had.

(ok,ok somewhen in the far future I sell my rose-colored glasses^^)

remember when the satyr skeletons/ghosts had no bodies ^^

remember when we visited the saty islands and free them

remember the invisible protector of feladan killing you

remember your first plot auction

remember your embracement to an adult dragon

Thread Information