Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please talk to us?

Hey sweetheart

I was tryin`to be subtil

ok- you said it in your own words

I must admit that the limbo has caught up with me as well. Lately I find myself less enthusiastic about playing horizons than I was before -- though there is still so much to learn and to build I have felt the exitement leave me somewhat. My motivation to log in is not to experience the world of Istaria, but to meet people I have come to like.

I do not wish to be part of the problem, so even if I won't play in Istaria as much as I did before, I shall continue to pay for my account. At least for the near future. And give this game a chance to become what its exceptional players deserve it to be. But like others have stated before me, the clock is ticking and PME shall have to meet the challenge.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Certainly wouldn't mind getting my email about our blight characters we were supposed to get 3 weeks ago either.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

I knew when EI bought the game new content would be a while in coming. I can live with that. What annoys me is no emails saying "we bought the game" "we've hired some new people" "we've joined some other folks to become PME" that sort of thing. Also emails confirming subcription payments. Every other game and web based bussiness I've dealt with has sent invoices. Horizons did until the current owners. These messages are a common courtesy which would go a long way to relieving the alienation players are feeling.

Default Can someone please talk to us?

I have played Ultima online for 9 years and never ever got an invoice, so not all games do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I have played Ultima online for 9 years and never ever got an invoice, so not all games do that.
    Neither have I, and I still have an active account that is at least that old.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    I must admit that the limbo has caught up with me as well. Lately I find myself less enthusiastic about playing horizons than I was before -- though there is still so much to learn and to build I have felt the exitement leave me somewhat. My motivation to log in is not to experience the world of Istaria, but to meet people I have come to like.

I do not wish to be part of the problem, so even if I won't play in Istaria as much as I did before, I shall continue to pay for my account. At least for the near future. And give this game a chance to become what its exceptional players deserve it to be. But like others have stated before me, the clock is ticking and PME shall have to meet the challenge.
    I know the Snickel. I don't play nearly as much as I used to. tired of same stuff different day, tired of NO NEWS. Even a tidbit would be nice but, even that is seemingly not forthcoming. Alas, when LOTR Online is released I will be gone. Unless I see some major news on the Horizons front that is. Until then, I still pay and play though as stated not nearly as much. I know one thing for sure when I DO leave...*edited*
    Last edited by Peaches; January 25th, 2007 at 12:29 AM.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    I know one thing for sure when I DO leave...*edited*on the other forums will probably have a party. sad....
    Kids made fun of you a lot when you were a kid huh ?

Play the game have fun. There is no joy anytime a market like this lose a product or looks to be sinking. Besides Im sure people would rather party about something more significant than your little self leaving HZ eh ?
    Last edited by Peaches; January 25th, 2007 at 01:17 PM.

Default woot

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf

Play the game have fun. There is no joy anytime a market like this lose a product or looks to be sinking. Besides Im sure people would rather party about something more significant than your little self leaving HZ eh ?
    Well said i agree . (
    Dame word limet eat Pie )
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Gizmo
    We've been working hard in the background and are doing our best to keep things moving forward... there will be more information soon, and I'm sorry that there hasn't been more communication. I'll let you guys know more as soon as I am able. Again, we are sorry for the lack of communication recently, that will be remedied.
    Thank you Gizmo Good to hear from the shadows.

I'll talk, and I'm sure I can say as much as the 'officals' can.

Blab labl ab la blabla blalab lab labl abl ablabal .
    Ablab lab ,al ba lbal blbal balbalala.
    Lalbalbalbalbla bla bla blablabla, blabla,
    blabla
    bla.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

oh thanks Royal you told us more then the officials the last 2 month

thanks for your effort to keep us informed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf

yeah, and I beat the (heck) out of em. Unfortunately I'm unable to exercise that option nowadays. BTW, how ARE the rest of your pals in the *edited*doing these days?
    Last edited by Peaches; January 25th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw
    Well said i agree . (
    Dame word limet eat Pie )
    I'd party if YOU left. That is cause for celebration especially if you took the Angry Runt with you
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

yeah, and I beat the hell out of em. Unfortunately I'm unable to exercise that option nowadays. BTW, how ARE the rest of your pals in the *edited*doing these days?
    I hope you realise that a lot of the EU players will find this extremely offensive given that many European cities still have buildings that are pock marked with bullet holes from *edited* troops.

Els
    Last edited by Peaches; January 25th, 2007 at 01:19 PM.

There is a statistical rule that whenever tempers run high on a board, a Hitler reference is likely to pop up.

Don't hold it against Kwinn, please, I'm sure he meant no disrespect to the victims of the Hitler regime.

He ist just angry and I can understand why.

Having said that, lets bring this thread on track again before it risks to be closed.

I think the topic 'can someone please talk to us' is very important. And that talk has to be informative, it is not enough to give a life sign (even though this is nice).

And, as many have pointed out, the word 'soon' is ambiguous, to say the least.

What we want to know is either an ETA (for transfer of blight chars and establishing the new Unity/Unitas server) OR, if that is not yet possible, and ETA for the ETA. I'm serious. I'd like a post to the effect "We cannot say when the task will be done, but at such and such date at the latest we can tell you how long it is likely going to take".

Thumbs down reckless and daft post kwinn

yeah, and I beat the Heck out of em. Unfortunately I'm unable to exercise that option nowadays. BTW, how ARE the rest of your pals in the *edited*doing these days?
    Many Aussies and Kiwis didnt come home from that war
    To label some-one with that , who does not agree with your love of ei/pme is bloody stupid.
    Your a bigger twit than I gave you credit for.
    Last edited by Peaches; January 25th, 2007 at 01:20 PM.

*points at the post above Theros Ironfelds post*
    Last edited by snickel; January 25th, 2007 at 12:26 PM.

i wonder what they are doing that is keeping them so busy they cannot spend even 10 min a week to put out a message for us... we've heard tons of doom and gloom scenarios, here are some happy thoughts from my wishful thinking cap:

-- they're getting unitas perfected and want to unveil it all at once, without any snafus in the transfer process

-- they're working out a lot of legal issues (like billing details) which they don't want to discuss with the general population of players, but plan to become more active in the game once those are straightened out

-- they're planning future strategy for game play, like how best to use the league of historians (and are currently deciding who of the applicants will be in the league)

-- they're trying to launch HZ in asian countries (as well as get unitas up & running) so don't have time for the original shards atm; once those new ones are in place they'll have enough scripts to put real content into the game

-- they're actually planning to launch an expansion pack (complete with old ideas like confectioner stuff and some really new material) in an amazingly short time frame for having to learn the game from scratch, and cannot share details for proprietary reasons

*offers some of her gnomish pipe weed to any others who wish to offer wishful thinking ideas*

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    i wonder what they are doing that is keeping them so busy they cannot spend even 10 min a week to put out a message for us... we've heard tons of doom and gloom scenarios, here are some happy thoughts from my wishful thinking cap:

-- they're getting unitas perfected and want to unveil it all at once, without any snafus in the transfer process

-- they're working out a lot of legal issues (like billing details) which they don't want to discuss with the general population of players, but plan to become more active in the game once those are straightened out

-- they're planning future strategy for game play, like how best to use the league of historians (and are currently deciding who of the applicants will be in the league)

-- they're trying to launch HZ in asian countries (as well as get unitas up & running) so don't have time for the original shards atm; once those new ones are in place they'll have enough scripts to put real content into the game

-- they're actually planning to launch an expansion pack (complete with old ideas like confectioner stuff and some really new material) in an amazingly short time frame for having to learn the game from scratch, and cannot share details for proprietary reasons

*offers some of her gnomish pipe weed to any others who wish to offer wishful thinking ideas*
    Thats some really good weed you got there awdzs
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

Thread Information