Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pipe dream

Default pipe dream

I put this in as a reply in a different thread, but would like to start a thread for hearing some positive thoughts, so I'm starting it as its own thread:

i wonder what they are doing that is keeping them so busy they cannot spend even 10 min a week to put out a message for us... we've heard tons of doom and gloom scenarios, here are some happy thoughts from my wishful thinking cap:

-- they're getting unitas perfected and want to unveil it all at once, without any snafus in the transfer process (along with this and successful transfer of blight characters on the remaining servers, they're designing new forums where only those who actually log into horizons to play can post, except one section for non-players to post in)

-- they're working out a lot of legal issues (like billing details) which they don't want to discuss with the general population of players, but plan to become more active in the game once those are straightened out

-- they're planning future strategy for game play, like how best to use the league of historians (and are currently deciding who of the applicants will be in the league)

-- they're trying to launch HZ in asian countries (as well as get unitas up & running) so don't have time for the original shards atm; once those new ones are in place they'll have enough scripts to put real content into the game

-- they're actually planning to launch an expansion pack (complete with old ideas like confectioner stuff and some really new material) in an amazingly short time frame for having to learn the game from scratch, and cannot share details for proprietary reasons

*offers some of her gnomish pipe weed to any others who wish to offer wishful thinking ideas*

Martin Luther King had a dream. His dream came true and was a lot more feasable than this set :P

but hey maybe the cow will fly over the moon and your cat will smile at ya !!!

hey it can happen..... so if ya got any magic better get twinkling your noses cause PME can use all of it I'm sure.

Well... its not in my line of expectations since they've never ever did such a thing..nothing wrong with dreaming about though..

My dream would be:
    during the transfer and some intensive looks inside the code they found out how to implement the content in another engine, they're working on that as a supprice and as a revitalization of the Horizons - Empire of Istaria game!
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

They ordered a Cray computer to run the game on, however it was the
    put-it-together-yourself option and it is taking them time to solder in all the transistors.

Simulations show the performance will be thru the roof !

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

The game is being documented pending a ground-up rebuild using state-of-the-art Starfleet holodeck technology.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    The game is being documented pending a ground-up rebuild using state-of-the-art Starfleet holodeck technology.
    That will make Valkor much more interesting won't it?

"Safeties on!!! Safeties on!!!!"

ROFL

Really, what's really happening is they were devoured by hungry dragons waiting for Dragon Confectioner's school and figured the PME employees were a tasty second option.

Maybe they are still trying to figure out how to interface their "Speak and Spell" to the server to use as a voice-synthesizer (yes it has been done!)

But ultimately, there is a new game coming out soon we aren't being let in on...

Sims 2, the Horizons expansion pack.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    ...your cat will smile at ya !!!
    Hey! My cat smiles at me all the time! Does that mean we are half way there?

So all we need now is a spaceship named "COW"?

Seriously though, I'd say they are working on bugs like mad men (and women) and know that we would never accept posts of "sorry, no new news at this time but we are working on things" every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalin
    Seriously though, I'd say they are working on bugs like mad men (and women) and know that we would never accept posts of "sorry, no new news at this time but we are working on things" every day.
    I would accept that if they would post what they are working on, instead of just "things". Plus, if that were the case, you'd think we would have seen *something* in the 6 months they have owned the game.

I want more gnome weed.!!!!!!!
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

Cmon Kerech, this is a light hearted thread

Put something whimsical to pass the time
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

How many remember "Miracle Build" from beta? That must be it, EI discovered the unused "Miracle Build" lost somewhere in all the game assets and are getting it ready to go live and all our bugs and issues will be solved. And our printers will spit out coupons for complimentary hot fudge sundaes at the local DQ every time we log in.

Maybe they are evaluating if its more easy to accomodate the few tens of people transfering from Unity by hand to an existing server and be done with it.

If I would be Them I would do this, there are probably more than enough building sites open the emigrants to the land of hope to give them a godly plot also.

<for if you are reading... take this idea to the boardroom, it can be implemented tomorrow and will be finished and more error free than
    any othe rplan the crew might have>

Sometimes you just have to use common sense!
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    I
    -- they're getting unitas perfected and want to unveil it all at once, without any snafus in the transfer process
    reason why blight closes down : EI/PME forgot to feed the hamster.....

Reason why Unitas takes such a long time to start:

-RSCPA (animal proctection agency) is conducting an investigation in the "oops I forgot to feed the hamster" incident

- Ei/PME staff can`t decide on what colour their new hamster should be

Reason why chaos Lags: Hampster is griefing for his colleague and wants better working conditions.

End result: Its nothing to do with knowing or not knowing the game code of HZ ..... its all a big Hamspter problem !!!!

:P

ooh, maybe they ordered special hamster food and it got stuck in customs? but when the order arrives everything will run extra well because the hamsters will be extra happy :-)

or maybe they are breeding extra special hamsters and they're not fully grown and ready to help the game work yet?

maybe they're creating all kinds of hamster icons for further game customization...

I think they are working on new charactor animations and now after 3 yrs my toon will finally blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    reason why blight closes down : EI/PME forgot to feed the hamster.....
    We use gerbils!

Something tells me they got into that wonderful gnomish pipeweed. It explains everything!
    • Why Blight went down: The gerbils got hungry and ate Blight.
    • Why Chaos is slow: The gerbils have been lounging and chittering in their wheels, wondering why their wheel is the only thing not spinning.
    • Why things have been so quiet: Can't let the gerbils hog it all!
    Err... Wait... That isn't the kind of 'pipe dream' you were thinking about when you started the thread, is it?

3 smiling cats here, offering some mice to get HZ goin`

(they hate to see me sad)

The gnomes tel's me that the original text was written by ancient satyr (but since no satyr have done their ROP & ARoP, the closest we have to translate are the kliggon, but unlike captain Kirks theys havent found the way to travel trough time to help the devs to translate the text. The romulan having refused since knife and raw muscle for battle was soooo un-civilized. So they left to use the pictures on the plans (Humm!! the good old time to do glued models with japanese instruction's), but bit's and parts are still in the box and no pics to show how put them in place.

And what about the ancient dragon during that time ... "It's a byped issue"
    Last edited by Nalrach; January 27th, 2007 at 05:58 PM.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

I think they are about to find a way to make our cloaks appear! So we won't have to suffer anymore from the ridiculous way our behinds look when we run....
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information