Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Issues

Default Chaos Issues

Lets try this again folks. But this time, please do not violate the board rules, ie, insult, bash. There is no need for that to happen. Chaos IS currently being worked on.

I am not trying to bash but as I stated in a post ealier, Im sure we all know the server is being worked on, or at least hope so but after 36 hours... jeez.. are they going to be working on it for a day, week, month? Since you seem to be the most direct link we have to them, can you request a formal announcement either here or on the log in page so peoples worries will be put to rest. Just hearing that they are working on it does not really help the situation at this point. Trying to say all that the nicest way possible, but hard to do.

A formal announcement would be nice, but only if it's more than "we're working on it".

We should get at least a summary of the problem (eg. "The database index is corrupted" or whatever), and an estimate of time to fix (eg. "we are rebuilding the index which usually takes around 3 hours",etc. )

Something along those lines would be really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Lets try this again folks. But this time, please do not violate the board rules, ie, insult, bash. There is no need for that to happen. Chaos IS currently being worked on.
    Have you had official communication that it's being worked on, or are you assuming that it's being worked on? If you have some official line of communication, how about a statement from the management?

You know what folks, wether its a child replying to a parent or an employee acting to busy to talk, or someone pretending to be eating food and can't talk. Usually that means that they don't want to tell you anything more then

"Its being worked on"

Take that for what its worth

That's my point with wanting specific information. It's too easy to say "we're working on it"

Default Chaos Issues

I don't make things up. What they told me is that Chaos is being worked on. Please don't shoot the messenger. It serves no purpose.

Default Feed the dog a bone

I feel for you Chaos people I really do
    me thinks you are being treated like mushrooms

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Qft ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im not shooting anyone.

I think all people are asking for is:

"We have a bad watchamacallit and are running to Walmart to buy a new one"

"We were tweaking the flux capacitor and Dark accidently poked his eye out so were at the emergency room right now"

"We actually thought it was running but realized we were looking at the Order server"

"We let a guy down the street do the maint but he only has experience on working on cars not servers, so now its borked"

Anything like this will do

Peaches no one is shooting you.. I didnt see your name mentioned once.. where are you getting that from? You cant tell me that its not absurd that the server has been down for 2 days and no one form PME has said a peep. Where is the community manager? Where is the World Master? Not a peep?

You are just a volunteer forum mod right? So I believe when players are asking what is going on with their world someone from PME could take 2 minutes and post an update...

David said the ARoP was "being worked on" to.. that took 2 years to complete. A little reality please.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I don't make things up. What they told me is that Chaos is being worked on. Please don't shoot the messenger. It serves no purpose.
    We're not shooting you Peaches, we actually apreiciate your effort in trying to get us more information.

*edited* Board rules There is no need to bash ANYONE.
    Last edited by Peaches; February 1st, 2007 at 09:12 PM.

Peaches - I am most definitely not trying to bash you. I hope you don't have that feeling. I would not want your job for anything.

The blame for all of our frustration and anger lies squarely at the feet of PME. We just want information. Frankly, there are rumors flying around other boards about what the real cause of this downtime is, and I don't usually put stock in rumors, but PME's silence is not helping dispel them.

An official response would likely be along the lines of:

1) We don't know what's wrong, but we're rebuilding everything, retesting everything and we can't estimate when it's going to be up again because we haven't gotten it working yet
    2) We're trying to do everything to avoid rolling back to last week's maintenance so we're gonna pull whatever we can out of our hats to try and get it working without having to resort to that and we don't want to say anything right now until we know for sure that that's the only thing we can do.
    3) When it's fixed, it'll be up and we can't give any estimates at this time because we don't know what's gonna make it come up again.

I too, would like a "hey, it's gonna be at least another night so don't bother trying until at least noon EST tomorrow" but I figure it's one of the above and they really don't know when it's gonna be up.

I just hope that it does come up again.

Exactly BK.. Then peopel would know. Even if they said hey its going to be a week.. would be better than what is going on now.

Ever see any other MMO just shut its servers down for 3 days and not utter a single word about it? Ever?

"We were watching Harold and Kumar go to White Castle during maintenance and decided to go get some"

It's my fault, guys. I finally started a Helian RoP yesterday after 4 (?) years of playing, and the pointer figuring out how old I was overflowed the register, corrupting everything like an insidious blight bubble. I should have known better.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Default Chaos Issues

Actually, last batch of hamsters I sent off were ill, they failed to keep the servers running. Must find out how they got ill and send in a new batch. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire
    It's my fault, guys. I finally started a Helian RoP yesterday after 4 (?) years of playing, and the pointer figuring out how old I was overflowed the register, corrupting everything like an insidious blight bubble. I should have known better.
    LOL, that's as good an explanation as any I guess

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=194

About bloody well time you guys said something.

Thread Information