Thread: Hey Hey ... we not the only one in hot water.

Default Hey Hey ... we not the only one in hot water.

Codemasters Online Gaming recently announced that we were due to undertake a server merge on the current DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE(tm): Stormreach(tm) service. This will bring together a number of communities onto our two new worlds, Keep and Devourer.

This will give every adventurer in Stormreach(tm) the opportunity to make new friends and new groups, join new guilds and even make new enemies!

These worlds will be constructed using data from the existing servers Lyrandar, Aureon, Boldrei, Dorn and Onatar and will be merged in the way outlined below:

Devourer - will be populated with all the players from Lyrandar, Dorn and Onatar
    Keeper - Will be populated with all the players from Boldrei and Aureon

--------------------
    And I was wondering about returning to DDO or Ac
    Is EQ and WoW the only game that going to survive?
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

seems so Nalrach, and anyway, they deserve it for different reasons^^

DDO was too ambitious, I think- and they did not listen to the warnimg voices of the customers...

You can throw Vanguard into that mix. Though..it's a bit of a WoW + Eq mix. So...You can choose...WoW...or EQ....or..take the best from both worlds and play Vanguard...spiced up with a splash of Horizons-ish crafting and the diplomacy factor.

I'm not surprise DDO is having troubles. I wish they would have taken a more traditional D&D approach using tried and true mmorpg formulas with the D&D ruleset and lore added. I haven't played it, but my many readings about it gave me the impression it was too Guild War-ish with all the instances and forced grouping. It's a shame really, because I would have loved to play a mmorpg that was true to the old school D&D style play.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thamoris
    I'm not surprise DDO is having troubles. I wish they would have taken a more traditional D&D approach using tried and true mmorpg formulas with the D&D ruleset and lore added. I haven't played it, but my many readings about it gave me the impression it was too Guild War-ish with all the instances and forced grouping. It's a shame really, because I would have loved to play a mmorpg that was true to the old school D&D style play.
    I think it's hard to accept any comment against the game from people that didn't play it. But in all you touch the major points. I played the game 3 months and maxed out two characters and the forced grouping was a pain, but most dongeon were pretty well done (dungeon been what lacks in HZ, me I would love the AC style dungeon introduce in HZ). True I would liked more a D&D2.0 style, but I understand why they went to 3.5 rule set. But everything was soooo expensive, the xp and cash rewards a farce, that I lost interest.

Only game left in town are Eve & AC my first love's (of course HZ which days by days get a bit hard to logged into). WoW ... I don't like the skill progression and the lack of social life. Like EQ people been there too long if your a noobs and not a power leveler you don't count. As to DAoC, the death penalty is a crual way to loose interest since you loose what you work soo hard to acchieve, I will support any penalty following death, but never to removed what you achieved.

Oh yes the new born ... LOTRO, tried it and it's WoW in a token realm setting and no guild or social life that worth mentionning.

In all .. HZ still a big love since the folks from it make the communauty worth sticking around.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

It's difficult to accept any comment at all from someone that doesn't like....anything at all !
    The amazing thing is the one game YOU do like is one that 99% of the gaming community dislikes. ( not me...mind ya..just sayin )
    How ironic.....
    I would suggest Vanguard...but you probably won't like the color of the box or something.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

DDO has been in trouble seen it launched. The cost of the D&D name combined with butchering the game and universe created in the past by players and imaginations will only lead to this.

I dont know about EQ, but after 3 months of VG, well you saw my review - obviously I didn't feel it was the "best" of anything.

However, DDO, wow that was quick...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Probably should point out that these are the EU servers. I don't believe they've announced anything like this for NA servers.

Unfortunately the only thing that DDO recreated with stunning accuracy was the annoyance of waiting around for everyone in the group to buy and sell and trade stuff, get sodas, walk the dog, and do whatever else before they could actually go into the dungeon.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

*laughs out loud* ooh Nosdracir that was funny!! XD

(yea I hate forced grouping like that...)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information