Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unitas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    The only way to be totally fair about that would be to start a new server from scratch and let everyone start over at the same time - then the prime plots/lairs/guild towns are once again available for everyone to go after. This is the only fair way to do it, but I think if that were done, it would drive a stake through the heart of what little community there is left.
    I don't think they are concerned about being fair. Was what happened to Blight fair? They had a community there as valid and equal to what is on Order or Chaos. It was small, but that did not make it any less than what it was. Is what happened to Unity fair? Not at all, though that is more complicated cause of multiple companies involved. But still, they gave hope that Unity might arise again but that seems to be gone now and all the players are left with is the choice to move or leave.

You know, as bitter as I sound about what is happening, I would be honestly grateful if they would show that they actually do care about the people that play Horizons. They have had so many opportunities where they could have done so but have not.

*sighs bittely*

(and no, brainbasher, you`re not alone in the dark )

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    I don't think they are concerned about being fair. Was what happened to Blight fair? They had a community there as valid and equal to what is on Order or Chaos. It was small, but that did not make it any less than what it was. Is what happened to Unity fair? Not at all, though that is more complicated cause of multiple companies involved. But still, they gave hope that Unity might arise again but that seems to be gone now and all the players are left with is the choice to move or leave.
    I agree, Blight and Unity players got the shaft. My comments were directed towards the previous discussion about server merging, not about the situation with Blight/Unity. In no way do I think what they did the those players was fair.

It really saddens me to see what has happened with the unity/unitas "promise", as well as all these other events that have happened since I quit. I do wish they'd actualy do someing good for this fine community, I miss my little Lantua so...

PME,

Still no news ? Or should we abandon the idea of an Unitas server ?

Knud

DOES REALLY NOBODY LISTEN? DOES REALLY NOBODY CARE?
    of those who are responsible.

Besides everything that is already said, THAT IS NOT FAIR.
    Would you treat someone of your familiy, your friends, colleagues
    OR CUSTOMERS (if you like to do business with them) or even strangers
    like that?

And if YES- what does that tell us about you, your business conduct, your integrity?

Why not be honest, and tell us, that the project Blight, Unity ad further patches
    is put on the back- burner or unrealizable atm. ?
    What do YOU have to loose??

Those of us, who did not head for other realms already-have waited long enough- closing our eyes to the fact that in RL nobody would dare to treat us like that. (no wait: THIS IS RL)
    There are decicions to make, not vital ones-agreed- but don`t smile at us
    pitfuly and do not condescent us-
    as HZ was a part of our daily life for years we have to realign- whatever that means for us individually.

I think we all have deadlines- mine is March-
    if the silece still continues then- I shall accept, that my beloved dragon and all her friends and mates are lost in no man`s land.
    And leave.

(and WHY"§$%(self censored) do I have the feeling that I again wasted time, writing that post?)

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    merging all the shards into one would have some advantages...
    Um..... No....

Because I would have to fight Peaches for my Sanctuary Bay plot, sorry...
    and a lot of dragons (including the only "grand hall" built) would lose lairs due to the fact almost 100% of the lairs are occupied by playing / non-playing characters, that there would definitely be some conflict.

All of that said... and as the posters above have already indicated, PME/EII does not have the technical knowhow to do anything with the game except administer the server, possible use WMs as "plot tools" for live events, and maybe fix problems that only a WM can do. Other than that, there has been no evidence they know how to:

Migrate players from one server to another
    Change the Blight server (which was not fully capable of doing 'full' shard) into Unitas
    Offer Blighted players the ability to have their assets/characters moved to another shard (see: knowing how to migrate players)

Now, before you pull out the flame throwers, think about this...

Some of us don't "mind" playing on servers that are working, even with "no" change for the time being. But even this is threatened by having servers go down and having to hire ex-tulga employees to fix it. This tells of ineptitude on behalf of the owner not being able to fix it themselves.

I feel really bad for Unity / Blight players... I wish there was a way to get you to our working shards or at least get this "Unitas" server running...
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I just think they have given up hopes of misleading people. I mean, it worked in Savage Eden, so why not here? But it didn't work, so now they just won't say anything and hope for the best.

(sarc on)Heres some fun for all to read. (sarc of)

I today tried to log into horizons on (unity) server from a bit of fun.But no it wont let me says i need to renew my account as billing period is up.

First i find i cant do this to the fact the the account information site is not working.
    But originally from EI they said that while the testing they new Unitas server all of the current unity players would have thier account suspended while they did the testing on Unitas and that unity would be availible to play for free/fun with no new content being added or changed while testing unitas for the big data transfer.

Since PME tookover we have had no word on what is going to happen to the New unitas server as to its continuing testing or anything.

So i seem to need to ask myself do i renew my subscription or not - well not at this time as i cant get to the account/billing information in the first place.
    I probably will renew because i have always like the game and its community, but it would be nice if the the ******** account/billing information site was availible to do so.

I do presume that Unity is still running maybe even if Unitas is still somewhere in the cosmos

Quote Originally Posted by Tror Rockplate
    (sarc on)Heres some fun for all to read. (sarc of)

I today tried to log into horizons on (unity) server from a bit of fun.But no it wont let me says i need to renew my account as billing period is up.

First i find i cant do this to the fact the the account information site is not working.
    But originally from EI they said that while the testing they new Unitas server all of the current unity players would have thier account suspended while they did the testing on Unitas and that unity would be availible to play for free/fun with no new content being added or changed while testing unitas for the big data transfer.

Since PME tookover we have had no word on what is going to happen to the New unitas server as to its continuing testing or anything.

So i seem to need to ask myself do i renew my subscription or not - well not at this time as i cant get to the account/billing information in the first place.
    I probably will renew because i have always like the game and its community, but it would be nice if the the ******** account/billing information site was availible to do so.

I do presume that Unity is still running maybe even if Unitas is still somewhere in the cosmos

I would read the forums before you talk about somehting you have no clue. Unity is long time offline and GN pulled the plug, we are waiting since the 14 dec 06 that something happens with the database. But nothing yet.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    I would read the forums before you talk about somehting you have no clue. Unity is long time offline and GN pulled the plug, we are waiting since the 14 dec 06 that something happens with the database. But nothing yet.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Loginpage
    Community: WARNING 20/12/2006
    WARNING: Unity is back online for your fun, but the game database has been transferred already. Therefore nothing done on the servers during these days will be stored and carried on the new Unitas shard.

At least we can play for fun now on Unity till Unitas goes online .

Amazingly enough this is from your thread that you titled (Pulled the plug) , but wait this is after you say that GN pulled the plug on the 14/06 December.
    I would suggest you read the forums to and even your own threads maybe.

Also i never mentioned a date - when the server is not up like unity is not i do tend to test and also look at the login page information to see if there is anything new on it. so please dont shoot me down when i am not making a point about not being able to access the account/billing information page which is what my post is about

Quote Originally Posted by Tror Rockplate
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Loginpage
    Community: WARNING 20/12/2006
    WARNING: Unity is back online for your fun, but the game database has been transferred already. Therefore nothing done on the servers during these days will be stored and carried on the new Unitas shard.

At least we can play for fun now on Unity till Unitas goes online .

Amazingly enough this is from your thread that you titled (Pulled the plug) , but wait this is after you say that GN pulled the plug on the 14/06 December.
    I would suggest you read the forums to and even your own threads maybe.

Also i never mentioned a date - when the server is not up like unity is not i do tend to test and also look at the login page information to see if there is anything new on it. so please dont shoot me down when i am not making a point about not being able to access the account/billing information page which is what my post is about
    I never said gn pulled the plug on the 14th december, i only said Unity is offline since long time. On the 14th december the db was sended to ei. And after that you could play for fun, nothing was be saved through. So i would suggest to you to read more carefully.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Pls stop this bashing - will you?

Tror, what Takora wanted to say is the following:

- GN kept up the shards for some time, letting us play for free
    - Even after sending the database to EII, they let us play for some weeks
    - Then suddenly, some weeks ago - pls don't ask the date - the shard didn't come up after what seemed to be a normal maintenance.

So since that time the ex-Unitarians are pending in the air, not able to login neither to the old GN-server nor to the new EII-server "Unitas".

As it seems now we are really LOST and i hate to say it - the doomsayers were right ...

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    - Then suddenly, some weeks ago - pls don't ask the date - the shard didn't come up after what seemed to be a normal maintenance.
    It's a month ago now and no word about it, just their scribt is still running which add the weekly maintenance message to the login page

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Wink

Dear Peaches,

Could you be so kind to ask PME what is going on ? Maybe you will get an answer....
    We all would be VERY happy to know if the Unitas project is dead or not; you are our last chance to get some information as PME seems to not react at all.
    Greetings,
    Knud

Any information is very welcome...

Thread Information