Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unitas ?

Default Unitas ?

Heya all,

I know i'm repeating myself, but the question remains....
    Are any news available if we will get Unitas or not ?
    Dont want to be enerving, but it's more than one and a half month that Unity disappeared in the nirvana.
    So please tell us if and when something will happen, patience is not infinite and we would like to know if we ever can get back to the game.
    Best regards,
    Knud

well i cant tell you but i have HUGE hope for something to happen and to see all my characters and friends again.
    Will that happen on Unitas or some other shard with copy option dont know just hoping for best.

all mention of it has been removed say for this board.

So you either have major hope for a soon to be announcement. Or you despair because it has been removed from any plans to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    all mention of it has been removed say for this board.

So you either have major hope for a soon to be announcement. Or you despair because it has been removed from any plans to implement.
    And? You dont have to jump on any thread where we Eu players asking whats going on, if you dont like us, then simply dont look at those threads!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

As you can see, MadDwarf, our nerves are all on edge- and even I feel bitter.

But I appreciated your post here

Everyone is most welcome here with his/her input-
    if not the members of the community- nobody will answer at all

*gives TaKo a bunch of scepters to chew upon*

Takora Drakan I do not think he means anything bad towards our poor lost Unity players.

was I the only one that noticed its removal ?

I do believe 110 percent that the unity players deserve an explanation.

After all it went from

" We are transfering unity folks to Unitas

To

" We are entering the testing phase to see if its FEASIBLE to have unitas up and running "

To everything being removed as to those statements. So I haven't been saying it to rub salt in wounds but rather someone official might get irratated enough to actually say something.

Needless to say that strategy hasen't been working.

Thumbs down

Sad, but true....
    It seems that PME has no intention, for whatever reason that may be, to give us an answer.
    In my opinion this behaviour can be resumed with no interest at all in customers and consequently abandon of the game.
    Best regards,
    Knud

Quote Originally Posted by Knud
    Sad, but true....
    It seems that PME has no intention, for whatever reason that may be, to give us an answer.
    In my opinion this behaviour can be resumed with no interest at all in customers and consequently abandon of the game.
    Best regards,
    Knud
    That's the problem with silence -- it is ambigous and plenty of different things can be interpreted into it, some of them positive, a lot of them negative.

I also do not know what that silence means. But I do know (as someone who is no stranger to the laws of effective communication) that the decision to stay silent was an unfortunate decision.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I would agree with Snickel's observation regarding silence, I don't consider it at all "golden" in this case.
    I would also like to add that for those who have no game to play, these forums are the only game in town. It is obvious to me that the disappointment of not being able to play, coupled with limited information will result in what I can only see are diminishing hopes, and will lead to requests for information. Thus:

Unitas, Are We Nearly There Yet ?

Unitas, Are We Nearly There Yet ?

Repeat ad nauseam.
    Maturity is overrated

Peaches: You seem to have a way to get information from PME. Could you please ask them to give the Unity players an update on Unitas? And something other than "we're working on it"?

Well looks glum....Vanguard isn,t HZ but oh well it does have plots...
    Good luck to those with the staying power...
    Over and out...last one switch off the light and put the cat out.

PS PME cross me off the list of those returning
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Most counts I see are less than 50 on Chaos most nights and even less than that on Order. In fact, last week when Chaos was down, it seemed like there were more Chaos players on Order than regular Order players.

For myself, it was nice having the chaos players over. What a refreshing change to see some people in the world, seemed like I was bumping into different players quite often. Reminded me of pre sale HZ. Although, I do wish the circumstances surrounding it had been different. I'm not so selfish as to wish the chaos shard the same plight as blight or unity to enhance my gameplay. But, it was still very nice.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

merging all the shards into one would have some advantages...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    Such as? The only advantages I can see from a shard merge are financial for PME as they would reduce hosting/bandwidth costs. What advantages would players get?

If PME have the technical ability to merge Unity, Blight, Chaos and Order players on the same shard then they should have the technical ability to create a Unitas and reinstate the blight players

Regards

Els

Any advantages that might come of this would be outweighed by the enormous problems that it would present. If EII can't fix the myriad billing problems that exist, there's no way they could manage to merge servers without something being horribly broken in the process.

Considering how little regard that have shown for the players, I would be more inclined to say that, if a reduction in servers was desired, they would not merge any shards but just close down one completely and go with the other, Order most likely cause it is the easier to manage shard. Why go through all the hassle and heartache of another merger and lose a lot of players from both shards, assuming they even know how to do it in the first place, when all they need to do is say to the players that it is not cost effective to keep 2 shards and either go to the one remaining or leave. We have already demonstrated to them that many of us are willing to jump shards and create new characters when Chaos was down and few thought it would ever come up again. So they lose a few diehards that won't start all over again. The cost savings of closing a shard would surely offset the subs they would lose. Yep. I could see that being their line of thinking.

We already know that merging the shards is not an automated, nor simple task. It has been described as a heavily bug filled and technical process that required constant supervision and corrections. I highly doubt this is going to happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    Considering how little regard that have shown for the players, I would be more inclined to say that, if a reduction in servers was desired, they would not merge any shards but just close down one completely and go with the other, Order most likely cause it is the easier to manage shard. Why go through all the hassle and heartache of another merger and lose a lot of players from both shards, assuming they even know how to do it in the first place, when all they need to do is say to the players that it is not cost effective to keep 2 shards and either go to the one remaining or leave. We have already demonstrated to them that many of us are willing to jump shards and create new characters when Chaos was down and few thought it would ever come up again. So they lose a few diehards that won't start all over again. The cost savings of closing a shard would surely offset the subs they would lose. Yep. I could see that being their line of thinking.
    I started a character on Order last week when Chaos was down. I only did this to keep in contact with guildmates and friends - not because I wanted to start over on an already-established server. Forcing the people from one server to start from scratch on a different older server is not fair to them. I would not expect the Order people to be forced to start over on Chaos, just as I would not want to be forced to start over on Order.

The only way to be totally fair about that would be to start a new server from scratch and let everyone start over at the same time - then the prime plots/lairs/guild towns are once again available for everyone to go after. This is the only fair way to do it, but I think if that were done, it would drive a stake through the heart of what little community there is left.

Thread Information