View Poll Results: do you play another MMORPG now?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 43.75%
  • Yes but i still play HZ

43 26.88%
  • No

31 19.38%
  • No i play no MMORPG at all anymore

16 10.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

Post how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

this is no rant

i only want to get some numbers, im just curious

Default I voted for "No, i play ... anymore"

... because i turned back to SRPG atm.

I found that "Dark Messiah of M&M" was really funny. It showed me what was possible in Graphics and Gameplay (man, the Physics engine of that game is AWESOME!)

Trying to get my hands on Gothic 3 now - i loved part 1 and 2 of that - to keep myself busy until (end of) march. If Unitas isn't up by that time i'll drop a tear for HZ and turn to another MMORPG - maybe Vanguard.

same here, Hagen, I do not play at all.

Flame`s playing Vanguard and is happy, that he does not have to share
    online time with me

Good idea, Vliss- and greetings to your Lady

I would Vanguard kick right in the basket when I could play Horizons again, but I can't so I play meanwhile VG in hopeing that I can one day fly in the Istarian skies again.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Have been playing Vanguard since the open beta. But today I canned my subsciption. It's very buggy and I just get bored with playing it. If they don't get Unitas up and running soon..............................well i just hope they do I guess.
    Maturity is overrated

Hope nobody laughs, but i'm enjoying Ultima 9 more than ever before; for the next mmorpg Vanguard will prolly be a valuable choice.
    Greetings,
    Knud

you know this really belongs better in the off topic forum, since it highlights mention of things other than hz

Currently I play Eve online and also thinking about giving vanguard a try, I gave up on horizons ( again ) after they broke their promises on unitas and the copy of blight characters to live shards.

Edit:

It dont take 2 months to copy characters to another server, and what we all been thru the last 6 - 8 months clearly proves that PME dont have the knowedge of how the game works or any careing about their subscribers. You dont believe me? Hope on over to savage eden and see.
    Last edited by Cromos_Swordbreaker; February 10th, 2007 at 01:50 PM.
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

At the moment I am trying Bounty Bay Online, which is currently in it's Open Beta in Germany (don't know about US or UK Servers, the one I am on is german only).
    Why? Because all the active members that were left in my guild went there and enjoyed it...

I have to say, that it's quite interesting, but I am still not sure, if I really want to play another MMORPG... some things in my live would be much easier without any MMORPG.. hm...

But I'm still waiting for unitas and hope to see some of you again, at least for the first few weeks...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I'm not playing anything. I have yet to find a game with an atmosphere I enjoy, and I don't feel pressured to grind/keep up with levels. Too many grouping required games out there.

thanks lovwyrm ^^ i hope you and your husband is fine too!! Greetings to you two :-)

@all i hope you are all fine and enjoy your life!!! Time is too important to waste with worries. I wish you all a great year 2007!

im playing DDO atm and i really enjoy it with my wife.

My time with HZ is over but i hope that Unitas will go online soon and all other problems with HZ will be solved, so you can play HZ with new fun!

I've been flying around in EVE for 18 months now, as well as in Hz. My main is Avaleric, so look me up. I'll set up a channel calles Horizons...

I had fun with Dark Messiah too, Hag - was dark and realistic in its gameplay. The ending petered out - why can't games that reach a crescendo do some decent cinematics or storytelling at the end?? I've very rarely seen an ending on par with a good intense game. Torment maybe attained to "ok".

Anyway, I'm still piddling along in Hz, about to finish ROPing my Helian draggie, lazily heading Fox towards Master Craftswoman as the mood hits me. I play other games here and there, but always have Hz as one of the two or three games I'm playing. It's a sickness I suppose. Istarianitis.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Playing WoW, a strange talking Troll named Tassa...

If you're ever on Emerald Dream, look me up, or my guild, Radix Malorum...
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Played some EQII for a few months which was kind of fun.

But, now I'm playing Vanguard and having a really good time with my friends there. Sure, they still have some bugs to work out and all, but overall I'm really enjoying it and plan to be there for long while!

I wish everyone who still plays Horizons the best, because everyone deserves a good game they can enjoy.

Take Care,
    Zar
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Horizons. Only Horizons. Nothing but Horizons.

While I beta tested Vanguard and was playing CoH/CoV for a bit, neither one really had what it took to keep me long-term.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I'm waiting for another MMORPG with playable dragons, or any non-humanoid races
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I play Horizon and Ryzom. I quite enjoy Ryzom actually. True, all the races are humunoid but they are quite divers in their own ways (plays a Zorai). There are regular little mini events and fun stuff to do. Unfortunatly it CAN be hard to get to place to place at times though. The skill system in that game is awesome..you can level up in any skill and the skills branch off into trees. There are no defined classes as such. The spells and abilities are customizable in the way that they are made up of things called "Stanzas". There are stanzas for power, range, magic points and hit points and you can make any combo of them in your spells..depending on the spell. I do not think you can add acid damage to a heal spell for example. :P Anyway, enough Ryzom pimping.

I do still enjoy Horizons too. I log in to finish my lair...well work on my lair and for the sheer joy of playing a dragon. I like the people and the lore and they have kept me here for over two years. I'm not leaving anytime soon unless EI kicks me off.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

If Horizons every turns around and things improve, I too may be back, but for now...

I'm having lots of fun in EVE...so much to do and there's no way you can be/do everything in less than about 3.5 years.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Played Wow for the last 2 years since leaving Horizons. On a break from it now, maybe permanant.
    Age of Conan, may be the next if not, MMORPG days are over.

Loved Hz, the World events and Community.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Thread Information