View Poll Results: do you play another MMORPG now?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 43.75%
  • Yes but i still play HZ

43 26.88%
  • No

31 19.38%
  • No i play no MMORPG at all anymore

16 10.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

Default Re: how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

Frankly, I'm holding out for the StarTrek Online gig (no release date given). If it comes out and is good enough, I'll be out of here...but I sure hope they got a decent crafting engine...

Yarsgo
    (SWG "combat upgrade" refugee)

I'll boldly claim myself to be a former veteran, having spent quite a while playing this game. I'll always remember it for the friends I have made and the wonderful community that vastly outshines any other gaming community I've been a part of.

That said, I moved on to world of warcraft a while ago and logged in once or twice since then, just to see who was still around. My decision was made mostly out of boredom, lack of content, and general broken game mechanics as it pertained to the multiclassing system. (A wonderful concept that failed).

I'm playing WoW with my friends, and I've tested LotRO a bit. That's all I can do as there is no Unity/Unitas. Dude, where's my shard??

Playing WoW on Proudmoore. Tried Ryzom & Vanguard. Currently waiting on Conan, Star Trek Online, and Fallen Earth.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

To update my situation, I am now a full-time subscriber to the Lord of the Rings Online, EU. Hail to the Heroes of Arda!

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    To update my situation, I am now a full-time subscriber to the Lord of the Rings Online, EU. Hail to the Heroes of Arda!
    And, your server is? My "test characters" are on Evernight.

Gilrain was advertised as the least populated server (having been just set up) when I started so there's where we are.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I've played a bit WoW, for the fighting I played EQ2 (EQ2 for almost 1 year), dabbled a bit in DDO and gave LotRO a shot - but always came back to Vanguard (been there since early beta 3 last year). Actually I was one of the few real sceptics Vanguard would make it into a decent shape but in a rather masochistic way went on with beta, kept my mouth shut and kept on writing bug reports. I still write bug reports but am playing it with more and more enthusiams. Normally it goes the other way arround.
    I'm still missing the days of Horizons for the atmosphere that one had but I prefer Vanguard for the vast depth of options and skill based system. The diplomacy system is awesome too, spending hours on that. If only it wouldn't look so anaemic and have so many bugs and bad performance ... But hey, Hz wasn't exactly a wonder of performance too. :P

Horizons Empire

LOTRO hook line and sinker ... even if HZ was to make a comeback I would not be part of the returning group. I really liked the game and thought it was one of the better ones with regards to class/trade customization ... but my love and passion for this game is dead and buried.

WoW and the others are great games in their own right ... but questing in places like Weathertop, the Shire and Rivendell is a dream come true for this fan of all things Middle-Earth.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Update: Subscribed to LoTRO fulltime now. Snowbourn server, as Nan, Nell, Tilly & ofc Nanain

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

As a reminder; many ex-Hz players, particularly from Order are in Axe and Anvil on Silverlode.

AnA on Silverlode is considerably more ummm relaxed than AnA was in its heyday on Order.

Officers are Flozzie, Slyfinger, Aldertag, Grummel, and others I've managed to forget... and my main is Kulamata.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Playtime for me is a bit erratic. I still log into HZ although not often and it's just to talk to dorrin and SiLang really and to help SiLang, Shymmer and Hurik become Ancient but it's really only when I decide to log in.

I have become quite addicted to journal roleplaying on GreatestJournal (GJ), it's the most fun I've had in a really long time. So sometimes I get too distracted with that to log in (especially since I do it on the laptop in the living room so it's easy for me to forget).

I also play WoW occasionally on my boyfriend's account. I'm on Greymane either as Solariana (Night Elf) or Jaxper (Tauren). But yeah...most of my time is sucked up by GJ and real life issues.
    Disciples of Namir
    Shard: Order
    Britt Namir - Female Saris Flame Disciple
    Ryver - Ancient Helian Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Tania Namir - Femal Saris Storm Disciple
    Melthana - Adult Lunus Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Ruhan Namir - Male Saris Spirit Disciple

Thread Information