Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling out to all Unity souls (copy from other thread)

Default Calling out to all Unity souls (copy from other thread)

(My point was; the feedback thread he started degenerated to hopless rants ere long each time, so I don't blame hims for kinda giving up.)

- gee, right now I'm drunk, I'm emotional, I miss Hz. I wish we European players could just get some sort of hint of what is going on. I'd hate to see the life of the great Shulahravaukar go out with a whimper. Could always restart on Order/Chaos, but do not know if I have the strength for that...

Current owners: Throw us a lifeline, will 'ya..?

I'm online as Avaleric in EVE Online - Just tearing around the galaxy, looking for the ********...

....I will wait, with a patience only dragons can be in possesion of. Should all things fail, the Great Shulahravaukar will have an offspring in either Chaos or Order - nomatter how cruel the powers are towards us, I cannot be kept away from this world; and I call upon all the other veterans of the EU server(s): Should all fail, then let us at least meet again as little cute hatchies, and make the jouney towards new greatness together!

The community of Horizons is legendary, and none more so than that of Unity. Let us not let that die away. We CANNOT let that die away.

So come on; Cob, Varan, Thokk, Vahk, Tzae, Royal, Fhra, Ivy, Dae, Tak, Fire, and all the ones I cannot remember in my drunken state; let us make a lasting mark on Hz: We are all waiting for a return of the Unity server. but if that should fail to materialize, then I REFUSE to go out with a wimper! That is not the dragon way! Istaria is a special place, and iven if I have found myself to grow mighty tired of it from time ti time, I am unable to leave it behind. It is part of me. The COMMUNITY is part of me. I am part of that community.

We cannot let that die. Even if that means starting all over again...

Gee, I'm really rambling on, aren't I..?

For more on the Great Shulahravauker, visit www.amerelium.net

...and remember, always; bite, THEN think...

There is nothing left to add, old mate.
    (and after all all this years I manage to pronounce your name without stuttering,Shulahravaukar )

We all have got the same desease "Istarianithis" as someone said here yesterday.

Though I think it`s impolitical at the present state to admit: I made a hatchie
    on Chaos yesterday. Suffered long enough- perhaps that is what "They" want us to do-it will solve their probs without any efforts.
    But I did- met old friends, made new ones-within a few hours.

And it felt so good to breathe Istarias fresh, magic air. The blue skies. The green lands... (Lov, stopp babbleing!)

Skol, Dragon (or whatever is said where you live)

Personally I will not start over again, I played too long to grind all my lvls, my hoard, my rare items, my plot again on my own. There is only one Takora, and if PME/EI is not capanceable to copy her, then that's it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I'm not restarting. I'm not going to reward the company for deleting my character by rolling on a different server and giving them my money.

If unity never comes back then I will occasionaly fly over Istaria offline. I have the full world cache, with some messing about I can probably make a dragon look like my dragon.

for keeping contact we can use these boards and have a emergency board ready to evacuate to when pme closes the unity section.
    Or we all hook up in vanguard until some dev makes a mmorpg with playable dragons again

[edit]what is up with this forum? I need to use html tags to get some form of formatting in my text. Weird[/edit]
    Last edited by Cobal; February 11th, 2007 at 11:51 AM.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Like you Shul I may have partaken too much of the falling down water, but still intend to ramble on (just a bit). I once wiped my char on horizons after going through some (RL) unhappy times after about 8 months of playing. On starting afresh (and not fooling some people) I met your goodself in N.B. the starting training town in those days. We had a chat and I never looked back. Never much of a team player (my failing, not the community) I never felt alone. Not one day went by when I wasn't greeted or helped in some way or another. As a lone player knowledge and information was always the hardest part of the game. Yet all I had to do was ask, or listen in to the market chat hehe. At the same time most people respected my wish to play alone. I eventually bought a tiny plot and built myself a virtual home. Following many homes bought and built, and with much help on the way building for others, I ended up with two large plots on shepherds mountain on which I built all t2 workshops. At the close of the game I was just short of finishing my last three schools. Like you I wonder now what to do. I've tried Vanguard, but found too many players rushing about to level their chars, and to be fair it is more of a guild game. So maybe like you I am left to ponder whether to wait it out.To see if people are true to their word and present us with our past. or to restart with little chance of getting back to former glories, and with the added knowledge that the plug may be pulled at any time, yet once more! In writing this I have made up my mind, life is too short my friend, (if I may call you friend) to sit around and be unhappy. If you decide to to play again like myself then may the Goddess Istara grant you good speed, and may you once again cast your shadow over her lands.
    Maturity is overrated

I has a dream a dream of a green and lovly place ..

I called this place Hain.

After a long time the little tree's growing up and the place came near my dream...

than Unity was closed and some wipsers come to Unita were all your dreams become true ...but who is my Hain and all the friends ?

I have not the power to start again, I started again 3 times in the past now it is enough without the Hain Mara will sleep and dream a other dream.

Marada

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    I have the full world cache, with some messing about I can probably make a dragon look like my dragon.
    I'm aware of the offline mode for horizons, but...what? I only ever knew of the old default brown dragon...>_> What would someone need to do to get it to look like one's own dragon?
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

I'd be very interested myself in running the game in "standalone mode" and with my dragon textures loaded.

If I don't check the market chat, it'll give me the same feeling of a desert that Unity had in the latest months anyway.

:<
    *jabs at thread*

No one? Nothing? No one wishes to help us live a little glimmer of what horizons was? No one wishes to help us allow to feel at least a small echo of flight?

Anyone from Unity can contact VenomClaw on Chaos, I'll gladly help you get started.

I started on chaos under Tulga rule januari last year and december 19th 2006 both my girlfriend and I ascended to ancient.

So if anyone decides to start their Unity char again on chaos just leave a tell and we'll see how we can help.

We'll atleast be able to help out with the startin

I want play my Char . I spend 3 Years time on it and i shall begin a new Char ??

No , never

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    I'm aware of the offline mode for horizons, but...what? I only ever knew of the old default brown dragon...>_> What would someone need to do to get it to look like one's own dragon?
    I have no idea, I hope to find out though.

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    www.AncientOrder.org

Good luck with figuring it out.

A couple of things to keep in mind, unless you have visited it and it is still in the cashe , you won't have any landscape/buildings. Just that same featureless void that many of us are experiencing when logging in lately. Also, and this is from the end of beta when I was launching offline to get my fix while waiting for launch day to arrive, there is a chance that the landscape files in the cashe expire after a while. I noticed after a few days that places I knew I had been to started to disapear. I cannot confirm this, though.

I suggest that we might want to start a project similar to the old mapping project way back when. Someone or a group of people who can still play on the live servers could start flying back and forth across Istaria and get the landscape data from the servers. Gather it all, zip it up complete or by landmasses, and find some place to host it for download. It'll still be one big empty world with nobody in it, but its something at least. With EI's continuing disaster, it may not be long until that it all that any of us have.

empty land to fly over is better

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    Good luck with figuring it out.

A couple of things to keep in mind, unless you have visited it and it is still in the cashe , you won't have any landscape/buildings. Just that same featureless void that many of us are experiencing when logging in lately. Also, and this is from the end of beta when I was launching offline to get my fix while waiting for launch day to arrive, there is a chance that the landscape files in the cashe expire after a while. I noticed after a few days that places I knew I had been to started to disapear. I cannot confirm this, though.

I suggest that we might want to start a project similar to the old mapping project way back when. Someone or a group of people who can still play on the live servers could start flying back and forth across Istaria and get the landscape data from the servers. Gather it all, zip it up complete or by landmasses, and find some place to host it for download. It'll still be one big empty world with nobody in it, but its something at least. With EI's continuing disaster, it may not be long until that it all that any of us have.
    Could you explain how to proceed ? I'd like to try that. And doing that I would only have the landscape, no NPCs ?
    Thanks,

Zex

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin
    Could you explain how to proceed ? I'd like to try that. And doing that I would only have the landscape, no NPCs ?
    Thanks,

Zex
    I'm at work right now, so I can't show you the specific directory to look in. And some of the former Tulga staff/interns would probably be able to explain it better and correct any errors I give. The land of Istaria is broken up into squares, sectors I think they are called. The data for each sector is stored on your computer only if you have visited it previously. When you go somewhere new, your client downloads the data for the surrounding sectors and stores them. This is one of the mechanisms built into the game that originally was to help keep the land dynamic, the devs make a change and your client downloads the new data.

When they were doing the mapping project, they would fly a pattern back and forth across the land, making sure that they got all the sectors they could access. I'm not sure how big the sectors are in X,Y. Lets say they are 100x100 according to the coordinates on your compass. Though they could be bigger or smaller. If you start in the most south-west point you can reach, you would fly directly east as far as you could, go north 200, then fly west as far as you can. Keep repeating this until you have the entire landscape covered. By then, you should have all the accessable sectors stored on your computer. It would then be a simple matter to just copy and zip them and move to a computer without them.

In theory, anyway. I honestly don't know if it would work without some testing. Or one of the guys who knows more about it than I do chipping in more info.

Ironic this came up. I dont play on unity (Though I did check it out a long time ago) but I had the same idea a few months ago to make an offline server. Not as easy as you think but I tell you what, if you get the files for the mobs and npcs theres a chance I could probibly piece something together. Been messing around with small stuff for a long time now and all thats missing is the server side files and a server host. Without the server files you wont get rid of the brown model or anything. All your characters are server side, there is no getting the data from that without having the server or..turning your computer into the server. *Looks around and wonders if its right to even be posting this* Um.. anyways.. you can still do it but it would be almost pointless without mobs, npcs, buildings or anything. Some terrain would be missing too. But if there is a serious push for this project I can fly around and cache everything if you wanted when I get my chances to log in.

Anyways, if you do reroll you can look me up on order and I can help out (Theres nothing I cant do besides lairshape *Gags*). They took my blight characters from me even though none were my main (And ive rerolled before at least three times, no comment on that though).. so I feel for ya.
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

For my work on the map pack I kept several versions of the world cache.
    If such a project ever comes of the ground ill upload them for distribution.

If you want to make your own full cache just set your view distance to 1000 and start flying grid patterns.
    Your view duistance decides how many sectors are loaded at ones.
    A view distance of 1000 makes sure you dont have to fly to many laps.

www.AncientOrder.org

Well, Val and Cobal, that would be really nice. I'll be glad to help.what's the max view distance ? There's no number in the settings. And what does this represent on the map ?
    What about the NPC and mobs, are they server side ?
    Would it be possible to get the server files ?

And the main question : how to run HZ offline ?

Sorry for my poor english writing, I hope you understand what I mean (cause I don't really know how to say it).

Thanks,

Zex
    Last edited by Zexoin; March 22nd, 2007 at 06:52 PM.

Darn... been looking around for how to run Horizons offline, but the only place I actually remember it was tazoon.com (now defunct). I can't find much on Google now using the normal kinds of searches.

I'll keep looking around.

Rakku

Thread Information