Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling out to all Unity souls (copy from other thread)

Take a look at this thread. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5059

There have been a few changes to the client since the post was orginally written. Friedlekh makes note of the changes at the bottom. I just got it to work launching as the basic human model. Trying to figure out why it did not launch as a dragon.

Also, a lot of the world models did not load. In Chiconis, missing the vault lair, the shrine, the bridge and floating part of the city. A few chambers of my lair loaded up, but not many. Nor the entrance.
    Last edited by Solitaire; March 25th, 2007 at 01:31 PM.

Same problem, I can't have anything except a human. No trees, no buildings, no lairs ; tis an empty world, but at least it IS.

I gave up after a while. As far as I can tell, it won't let you launch as anything other than the default human model now. The three files in the /prefs folder seem to be protected by the client. You can change the options that exist in them, but if you put something in there like copying what model to launch with from one of the other .def files, it will delete the entry. Still probably is a way to do it, but it is beyond my knowledge of how the system works. Which isn't much, so there is hope that someone who knows more of how the thing works will figure it out.

Now that I do vaguely remember... you had to edit a file to specify the race, whereapon you ended up with the brown dragon.

*googles more*

Rakku

Edit... it's in that post so perhaps some things have changed. *starts rumaging*

I suppose that you could try renaming one of the dragon models to the human file name and copy all of the assets into the human folder. Not sure how this would affect walking/running/flying animations. Could end up with some crazy results. I might try that tonight when I get home from work.

Yay it does work!

See http://rakku.swindongliding.co.uk/ho...1174918495.jpg .

The key is to edit the ClientPrefs_Character.def file inside prefs\ <character server>_<character name> and put Dragon_u in there too.

That got it to work. I had a heap of other stuff to get it working on mine due to the fact that the last time I played was on Chaos, which had very little world cache as I was only on the dragon tutorial isle. Once I (eventually) realised what was going on, I copied the larger cache over to the world_cache\chaoshorizons folder ... changed my starting position to the one my Unity character had and boom within minutes I was flying over the Eastern Deadlands.

Spot the gaping hole in my cache though! Quite a lot of unexplored land for this installation so if anyone has more complete versions???

The only thing outstanding, disregarding the Brown dragon, is character animation level of detail. If I stop moving and move the camera more than a few metres away, the character animation steps down a gear and jerks. If I keep moving no problems noticable.

It's something I suppose, while waiting for news.

Rakku

Congrats on figuring it out! I did not get the chance to experiment any last night so I'm glad you did. Tis a small step, but it is something at least. I suppose a mapping expidition could be in order now to preserve what we can. Tis a shame that there is no way to get the files from Unity now. Would have been nice if you guys could have had a way to visit at least an echo of your home.

Thanks Solitaire, Rakku, I got it to work too
    I even played some mobs like spiders or hell hound :P
    http://cours-lsv.fr.nf/hz/horizons_1174997402.png

Well it had to be done...

When I'm home I'll examine the cache on the home machine rather than this laptop... although I have a nagging feeling that was set to clear the cache on exit.

Haven't tried playing as a hell-hound! Is there a list of all the possible things you can put as your race? I imagine, since I can still log in to Chaos, I'll be playing on there before long if this Unitas situation continues.

Rakku

Look in your Horizons folder, Horizons\Resources\entities\characters
    There're .ent files. Copy the file name (without the .ent) instead of "dragon_u" in your pref files.
    Now you can play a mob

Been poking around the pc at home and that has over 500mb of cache, better than the 112 on this laptop... so I will shove all of it in one folder and watch the thing explode.

It'll cover all the haunts I used to terrorise I'd wager!

I tried loads of the models in that entities folder... I was really hoping the Shadow Dragon was in there, but no such luck. As with other bosses and npc's, I imagine they were streamed from the server. D'oh!

Rakku

Thumbs down Re: Calling out to all Unity souls (copy from other thread)

I will not start a new character because i spend so much time in thokk,well but why do they ain't give us our " Unitas" shard? how they said?
    Adventure Classes many
    Craft Classes many
    Rating 200

Default Re: Calling out to all Unity souls (copy from other thread)

Hey Thokkie!
    You play for fun do you?
    Guild on Chaos grown big, 17 members online last day ^_^
    Come take a look and have fun :-P

Greetings
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Exclamation Re: Calling out to all Unity souls (copy from other thread)

Hiho Volks!!!

Qal Is Back in Istaria *g*

The Littel Dwarf ;P is now on Chaos as Littel Dryart known as Lecori or her littel sister Kisandra

see you there

*bulls the Tail´s of all Dragons in this Round, runs fast behind a big Rock*

PS: i hope my English is not to bad ^^

Qal Kehk 100 Paladin, Mage, Druid of the old Unity Shard

Kisandra > 64 Paladin
    Lecori > 70 Mage @ Forscherliga [RP-PVE]eu Guild: Liberi Lunae in WoW
    Kisandrá > 70 Rogue

Hmm , Thokk want come back ?!?!

VG is a nice game , i think .

Cool, Horli

Vg is a nice game- nothing more. there are lots of nice games out there..
    BUT ONLY ONE HORIZONS

and there is no prob we can`t solve together.Assured!

and there is no prob we can`t solve together.Assured!
    This alone sentence is what makes Horizons and its community leagues, infinite leagues above everything else in the market.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

hear hear..

Horizons community spirit is by far the best in any game I've ever played..

(welcome back Vahrokh, look forward to working on some big building stuff with you again!)
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Hello,

I will not start again, but if Unity will come back I also will come back to Istaria! *dream*

so long...
    Paladin: lvl 100
    Druid: lvl 53
    -----------------------
    www.horizonsempire.de
    www.mmorpg-planet.de

I was playing on the EU side back before there was a Unity server, so essentially I am already starting from scratch, and would have to if there was a Unity server.

However, why I want to see some action done is essentially I grow incredibly weary of the rather slipshod way gaming companies treat the European community. Unless a game is EU released, we end up with slower servers, naff customer service, poor communications, and issues on top of issues. I remember when Horizons first came out; the game wasn't released in the EU until three weeks after the US release, and the EU company which was handling the game actually didn't know the game had been released until three days after it was out. The problems on the EU side were horrendous at the time - updates weren't being applied, the billing was a mess, you couldn't actually play US side without faffing about and getting a US credit card or anything, and we didn't actually know we couldn't play with our US guildies until about a month before game release.

From everything I've experienced and seen, the EU side really got the shaft. I'd like to see something, anything, which would convince me this new company isn't going to take the same path and treat the EU customer as an afterthought. I don't expect it to be instantaneous as I imagine what's going on behind the scenes must be like trying to sort through a yarn factory after a tornado hit it - but I'd like to see some assurances we won't ever have to deal with that sort of thing again.

Thread Information