Thread: At last Goodbye.

Default At last Goodbye.

I came to this game shortly after beta. I spent a long hard time learning the game as a lone player and after the merge, eventually joined a guild. They (the guildies) eventually were drawn away to other games or to other things in thier lives. My role had seemed to been to give all the money i had earnt to the guild to enable others to have their own plots. This i did knowingly and willingly. So when it was down to just the two of us, Ethan and myself, i bailed myself and killed off Olias, leaving my partner in the hands of some friends. I became Adroit and continued till the close of Unity, through good times and bad. I have waited for Unitas, but without any word. I tried Vanguard, but this was was too guild orientated and took up too much space on my computer, making it an all or nothing game. I quickly became bored with it. So yesterday i decided to bite the bullet and join Choas, in order to play my game. After some initial problems i managed to get in and play the game i loved so much. As Gripnotch i discovered again the pleasures of the past. Today however, at first with he lag felt by myself and other players and then with repeated abortive attempts to log in i decided enough is enough. To give a little background, i have spent the last 25 years of my life as a psychiatric nurse and have retired now at he age of 62. I now feel that i have spent the last two to three years of my life in an abusive relationship, getting slapped around, being told that things would get better, and always staying on for the good times but ending up getting more of the same. I would suggest that people who feel like myself, read a book called " women who love too much" (sorry can't remember the author), and yes guys, you could try reading it too. A pity that i didn't try reread it myself sooner. I now have to break the cycle of abuse and find my life anew. Goodbye to all my friends, I will now never come back, and will wipe every thing from my computer's harddrive, if only wiping it from my life could be as easy. Goodbye
    Last edited by Olias; February 13th, 2007 at 10:37 PM.
    Maturity is overrated

A lot of us out there know how ya feel. Your analogy is very well put and its a shame this post will be moved before the masses have a chance to read it.
    Malacast
    100/100 Dragon
    Drizzat
    140/186 rated Sslisk

Maelstrom
    Order

I think I know the turmoil you've been, and are going through as I went through something similar myself after the closing of Blight. I also removed all trace of Hz from my PC but, as you can see, I still visit the boards, mainly in the hope that I will see some news that my Blight friends who are hanging in will eventually get their rightful place on a live shard.

As an older player myself I too tried Vanguard but having played EQ for 4+ years I knew it wasn't the place for me.

However, if you want a game that is FUN that you can solo then try Lord of the Rings Online when it releases. I've been testing in beta since January and its a beautiful FUN world, mainly quest-driven and doesn't rot your brain cells trying to figure out how it all works No amazing crafting system but to be honest I haven't missed that and I was a big crafter in Hz.

Good luck and I wish you well

TelShyia

sorry to see such a nice person go! (at least from your post it appears that way). Sad, several friends over the last two years have done the same!

WHAT A CHANCE,Olias.
    I congratulate you on your decision.
    I experienced nearly the same- it`s long ago-
    and nothing but an almost forgotten nightmare .
    Isn`t it a great gift, that we have the choice to start something new?
    Wish you luck !

(indeed, a useful analogy)

Thread Information