Thread: Sandstone Bluff near and at the stonecutter

Post Sandstone Bluff near and at the stonecutter

I'm not sure if this is a bug.

The only place I have encountered flickering character and (general term) nodes is at the SS Bluff stonecutter. It usually starts when I go behind the hill of the stonecutter or look at the stonecutter from a specific direction.

If I can figure out how to insert / attach screenshots will do so.

Heh. I get wonky stuff like that over at the t3 gems in Aug. Stand right near the mouth of the canyon going to the smelter and turn around.

Default Re: Sandstone Bluff near and at the stonecutter

Yeah, I get a full game lockup when i get about 40 paces away from the stone cutter there. Apparently, I am not alone in this.

yeah it seems that the sandstone bluffs area is bugged. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ndstone+bluffs

Funny. then again, maybe not- the Sandstone Bluff Bug has been a reported bug for over 8 months now, and still no fix. Ummm... Maybe there is some truth to the statement that EI can't fix problems in here (but they sure can ban folks!!) Oh, and clearing the world cache, at least to me, does not fix the problem. nor does fullscan or any of the other supposed tricks...

This is a great place for a novice to level up; and a great place to make those blocks/keystones we need for low level projects.

EI, if you can't fix the game, please sell it to someone who can- there is still a great community here, but the numbers are dwindling daily due to problems like this not being taken care of in a timely manner. Would be a waste of arguably the best crafting engine in the MMO world...

Yarsgo (hanging in there, like the rest of em...)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

And let us not forget that Sandstone Bluff grows tent fabric:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15833
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Just a reminder that the area around the stonecutter/workbench area at the Sandstone bluffs is still bugged. Tried to get there again yesterday, again locked up about 40 paces from it (in every direction of approach I tried). Asked around, still bugged to several others who have tried it recently. This includes everything from basic "screen flickering" to "total lockup". Sure, the area outside Parsinia is probably the best in the game for SS, but for noobs with little or no combat rating, the Bluffs are hard to beat for grinding!

Kindest Regards,

Yarsgo

Quote Originally Posted by Saleena1 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug.

The only place I have encountered flickering character and (general term) nodes is at the SS Bluff stonecutter. It usually starts when I go behind the hill of the stonecutter or look at the stonecutter from a specific direction.

If I can figure out how to insert / attach screenshots will do so.

I've had the same exact problem in Sandstone bluff. The last two days I was there this past weekend. Has something to do with the lairs there it seems. Once you get the bug, you can't get rid of it. you have to relog or recall.

Tagath was out there working this weekend, as was another dragon. It's really weird to see the dragons disappear (but not their shadows) and then their stationary bodies go psychedelic and run in one spot, unattached to their camera or actual position, underneath the awning of the masonry hall (though I'm not sure why it's always flapping when there's no breeze that strong up there on the cliff)

Yeah. It did the same thing to me the other day when i was out there. Funny thing is.. I was fine while I was on the slope going up to the machines. Once I went up on the hill behind it or anywhere on that side of the hill (north side I think) I got the bug and it would stay with me for the most part until I went way back down the hill. I'd still be "bugged" until I left the area or logged out.

More pictures from Sandstone Bluff:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm, a file attachment doesn't count as characters.

Here is what happens when you log out in the Sandstone Bluffs eastern masonry hall. Mind you, this is Tagath looking north along the western road in Genevia proper.

I've been using this area a lot lately and it's been very glitchy. I don't ever remember it being this bad before ('before' meaning the last 1.5 years or so that I've been playing).

I've been trying to determine if just being in the area sets off the glitch or not. I have noticed that it seems to happen far more often when I have a disk equipped- but I don't know if this is coincidence or not since I often have a disk equipped when in the area. The area only 'glitches' with the textures and shaders as I approach the stone cutter shop (the one with the stoneworking pedestal in it), but once it starts glitching, the entire area freaks out. I've seen everything 'shimmer' and textures jump around like they're on crack, and 'ghosts' of other players, in addition to the terrain freaking out and random structures flashing in and out. Here are screenshots of just some of what I've seen...

The grass textures almost always break for me, and this silo 'flashes' in and out of existence in this spot.

The stonecutting shop glitches heavily, its construction flashing in and out of existence. I get this psychedelic effect often. It almost looks like the rune symbols used elsewhere in the game.

In which Eld turns into a disco party...

This poor fellow's texture glitched terribly. Note: When I see this glitch, I notice all the water textures in the area also freak out.

Like so... (this is the ocean/cost just below the Sandstone Bluffs):

And so... (the river just to the west/south of the Sandstone Bluffs):
    It's actually mesmerizing to watch the colors swirl (ack! Mezzed!)...

Sigh!!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

This is likely due to one of two issues. Either corrupted world cache for this region or something in the video drivers. I'd recommend that you:

• Clear your world cache
    • Update your video drivers

It's not the world-cache. At least I don't think so. The first thing I did when I experienced it was clearing the world cache, but that did not help.

I also have the latest graphics-driver, but I still have the issue.

To me it looks like some memory-issue. That could be related to the graphics-memory allocated or read wrong?
    The fact that is manifests itself differently from time to time, and sometimes never manifest seems to indicate memory issues. But if the client or the graphics-driver is to blame, I can not say.
    But I have no other issues related to the graphics-driver on my system, and I actually do play a lot of games besides Horizon.

Note: How much graphics memory do you people experiencing this have (and what card)? I have and Nvidia card (7600, I think. Will have to look it up when I get home from work) with 512MB ram on my video-card. Perhaps we can pinpoint something we have in common that could cause the issue.
    Last edited by Caelin; October 2nd, 2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Adding note about graphics cards

I have been spending a lot of time in sandstone bluff over the last 3 days and i have no problems with the graphics there i run a

Nvidia Geoforce 7600GS with 512mb .... AGP (not pci-e)

video driver 162.18 (latest release upgraded 5 days ago for a different game)
    Am gonna hit an inanimate object with another inanimate object for awhile, then i'm gonna hit an animate object with a different inanimate object. And they said MMORPG's were limited in scope Pah!

Has anyone noticed similar behavior in Nuthala with the tanning hut, or in Aug mines, with the gemworking hut near the T3 gem spawn?

I seem to get texture corruption in those places whenever the structure is in the scene (even if its obscured by the terrain).

I haven't been to Sandstone Bluffs yet.

Running a Nvidia 6600GT 128MB (AGP) here. Latest drivers? Probably not. The corruption in Nuthala began recently though.

Cleared my World Cache, I'll login tonight after work and see if that helped any.

I'm running a Nvidia Geoforce 7600 GS with 256mb, I just checked and I have the most up-to-date drivers running.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Thread Information