Thread: A serious topic!

Default A serious topic!

I just upgraded my wife's computer, but ghosted the 2 hard drives (Horizons was installed on the "D:" drive)

All of the software seems to work except for Horizons.

It launches the launcher, allows selection of characters, and even gets to where the screen goes black, and then sits there with a cursor and a 99% CPU usage.

I have tried copying the files to the "C:" drive and editing the registry to point the needed stuff to go to the C drive, same result.

AMD 4000+ with an NVIDIA 7600GT 256m, 2gb system ram, 250mb SATA2 hard drive, Sound Blaster X-fi extreme music

Would love to avoid having to download or reinstall the whole thing and then find out after installing that it does the same thing...

Thanks
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

n/m problem solved by reading the posts here...

The system had both an onboard sound and a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme music card in it. Removed the sound card and bing! it started working.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information