Thread: Old Soldiers never die...

Default Old Soldiers never die...

...they just find new battles to wage.

This old soldier has been defending Istaria for nigh on 3 years. I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly that took place here and I've been part of all of them. I've seen too many fine and excellent people come and go and their absence is sorely felt. I've seen more than a few come and go that I personally wish had never come around period. I guess entertainment does indeed reflect life. I see the good, the bad and the ugly there too and some I wish to God I'd never met. Horizons has been no different.

So, it's time to move on. the why is irrelevant at this point. All the whys have been beat to a bloody pulp and the fickle finger of blame has been pointed in every conceivable direction. Blame at this point is also moot. AE dropped the ball, TG dropped the ball and PME/EI seems to be juggling the ball. At the least, they have the servers running so those that wish to play Horizons can do so. I wish PME/EI well, you boys have a sight of work to do make this game the winner it can be.

So it's time to sheath my sword, lock up my plot, shoulder my pack and shield and seek out a new battle to wage. It is not without regret that I take my leave, a sense of loss I will carry for some time to come. Middle-Earth needs to be saved and I believe I will attempt the stem the tide of the Dark Lord.

I cancelled my alt acct about an hour ago, and I am keeping my main acct for now. I might even pop in to say "Hi" on LoTR server maintenance/patch days. If PME/EI starts moving this game forward I will be back full-time but, until then I am at best, part-time and probably more accurately 3-4 times a month.

I won't go through a long list of names of those I wish to thank and/or say good bye to. Ya'll know who you are, I am grateful for all you have done on my behalf, I am honored to have known you and I will miss you.

For those interested, I will be playing LoTR. I'm already in closed beta. I've Pre-Ordered the game and will be in Open Beta on 30 March and there for live launch 24 April. Send me a PM for server and character name, and for anything else ya might wish to chat about.

It's been a wild ride, I've enjoyed it. Catch ya'll later
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

The sweet call from Middle Earth is enticing, and Istaria's loss will be Middle Earth's gain. Take care Kwinn.
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Default Adios Kwinn!

Adios Kwinn, kill a ring wraith or 2.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

I hate to see you go kwinn even though it seemed as if we dissagreed i still found you as a friend and an honorable person istaria seems it truly is in its darkest hour. bye kwinn happy hunting where you may be.

Signed,
    ~Saphire of lunus
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Kwinn,

I hope that I am one among your long list of friends, I for one will see you in Middle earth if just for a time. I am still here just not logging in as much. Keeping busy with things outside of Istaria and in the real world. I lost my drive to say the future is bright and we have just to wait it out. I lost my drive to kill those that gave me no real challenge anymore.

Lets just say I lost my drive....

I will miss you as a friend and as one of a short list of those who could be the Real King of Istaria in my eyes.

Sleep well my friend
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

And last night I logged in...I gave away a few items and sold my plot. This morning I cancelled my last Hz acct. I doubt I return. In 3 years of playing Horizons it got to the point where I had to INVENT stuff to do. Over in LoTR I don't see me finishing what they have already in 3 years and let's not count the patches, expansions and whatnot I'm sure will happen in 3 years time.

So, it's Good bye...be good.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Take care Kwinn! Safe travels out there!

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information