Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It is that time

Default It is that time

To bid you all farewell. Thank you EI , for having me aboard as the lead moderator. Thank you

Even though I do not play very much anymore, I am glad to have known you and the many discussions we have shared.

Sorry to see you leave this game. Or are you just leaving the forums?

Default It is that time

I posted my game farewell to Order shard on the Order board.

Bye Peaches, you will be missed.

Goodbye peaches! And be well wherever you go...

*still sits on the fence from time to time to peek into forum*
    Joa

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Peaches, you shall be missed. I've seen you around the net for years without you knowing (used to read UO stratics boards :P) so I'm sure I'll run into you again!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Take care Peaches, I know this decision was hard in the making. You will be missed here, but we'll be seeing each other elsewhere. Thank you for all you've done. *hugs*
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Good journey in your travels to lands afar. I hope you find what you are looking for, as there are many lands to journey too!

Best wishes.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Goodbye Peaches, you will be missed. And thanks again for the hospitality you showed those of us from Chaos when we came to visit.

Very sorry to see you go Peaches and I hope that one day things will have improved for the better and you'll find your way back.

You have been a great asset and one of the most truly helpful and giving players in the game. I hope you find happiness in whatever community you find yourself in.

*looks around* Have the lights gone out? Or am I missing something again? *thinks the story of HZ may be at its end*

Good luck, there are far better games available to play anyways...

Can this be moved to off topic as its not a horizons general discussion that relates to the game? Other people's goodbye's were moved to off topic so i don't see how this is different.

Same with the order based topic. Can that also be moved to off topic.

Can i have your stuff ?

ohhhhhhhh someone was going to ask eventually

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

TelShyia

well well, sorry to see you go Peaches. I will tell Unreasonable. She will miss you.
    GL in all your travels
    Telshyia

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think this one does fit in general. We have lost not only Heather in-game, but also as lead moderator.

I'd like to congratulate the ones who've made Heather's decision to leave such an easy one. I know she wouldn't say it here or in game, but the last few times I was around when she was logged in, it was as if she was hiding from people who were upset with this or that in the forums and were spilling it over onto her in-game. I still think some of what was attributed to her as far as forum moderation was not her doing. But, that is neither provable on my part nor up for discussion. However, as I see it, Horizons has grown a bit darker.

Heather was a multi-level 100 in-game who loved to help others with either adventuring or crafting. Some of you may never have known that she is a mid-50s woman who is housebound in permanent physical pain and duress. Many a time did we talk on the phone about how things were going both within and without Obsidian Order. Lots of tears were shed, lots of laughs were shared. She kept wondering why Imayo and I would never let her be kicked out of the guild because of her forum moderation duties. She always felt that she was the "black sheep" of the guild because of it, afraid she'd ruin our standing in the community. We kept telling her we were never going to kick her out because she belonged in our guild. She did. She came from a guild that broke her heart and we allowed her to heal. She needed a home and we provided it. I'm only sorry we couldn't keep her from being afraid of whatever retribution she thought others were going to do to the guild.

Heather, should you read this, you've been and will continue to be a dear friend. I'm sure we'll meet up again. My usual farewell doesn't apply because I'm not saying farewell. And if you're going to kick my ***, you're still going to have to come here to do it, unless I can get the rest of us to decide to take a road trip.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Goodbye Peaches

Goodbye Peaches, it was great to have met you. Best of luck to you, in whatever your future brings.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

As a moderator post maybe it should be in general but as a player goodbye as per the past posts it should be moved. Just going on the rules in the past that have been enforced. I'm sure that the moderator side of peaches would want it enforced that way is all.

I don't personally think that any player should be treated any different over another regardless of race / pain / age /sex whatever.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I didn't mention all that to say she deserved any different treatment. I said it all so that people who may have only casually known her would get to know a little bit more about the kind kitty of Order. It doesn't change the past, nor will it bring her back. By her own admission to me, she's cancelled all her subscriptions and uninstalled the game on her computers. So, maybe my words will never sway her to log in again, but maybe they'll let others know something about the person behind the screen.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default It is that time

I posted my goodbye post as Lead Moderator, which is fine being posted here. I also posted my main goodbye post on the order shard, which is just as appropriate. Thanks

Default Miss Manners and Emily Post would tell you:

This thread is for Peaches' farewell, and will remain here for several days per prior example.
    This thread is not about forum moderation or for others to speak for or about her, nor to speculate about her reasons for saying goodbye.

Please stay on topic.

You are welcome to discuss the other topics in the appropriate places.

Thanks
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Thread Information